• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do you decide what to see on vacation?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We are at the Kaatskill Mountain Club this week. This is our very first time in this part of the world. (I've already decided that we have to come back...I've got a list going for next time!) How do you decide what to do?

I confess that I'm a planner. I try to leave "margin" space in our week for those spur-of-the-moment things, but at heart...I like to know what's coming. The rain this week messed up my plans a little, but we still got most of my ideas in.

I tend to use trip advisor, google, the Gazetteer (a very detailed map of the state we'll be visiting), and then the brochures we pick up at rest stops. I also ask (to the embarrassment of my children!) "what one thing should we not miss?" to people at the grocery store or gas stations.

Then we build our list, our plan B list, and go from there.

We've had an Explore Tannersville day, a Thrift Stores up and down the Hudson River day, a trip to the Thomas Cole NHS (nobody would do the Hudson River Sky Walk with me!), and then today, we went up to Albany to see the Schuyler Mansion and the NYS Museum. I have a Hamilton fan, so she was in heaven at the thought of standing where dear Alexander got married.

For next time, Olana, Bronck Museum, the Albany Institute of Art and History, maybe the WWII destroyer that's on the Hudson. Always leave things to see when we come this way again, I suppose!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The "crew" is getting around this summer - that's awesome!

I usually start my main research on tripadvisor. I also search for FB pages for the location and follow them, hoping to get an insight on maybe local festivals, events, etc. I check out groupon for discounts also.

I'm going to have try the grocery line question....I'm always up for embarrassing the kiddo!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
The "crew" is getting around this summer - that's awesome!

I usually start my main research on tripadvisor. I also search for FB pages for the location and follow them, hoping to get an insight on maybe local festivals, events, etc. I check out groupon for discounts also.

I'm going to have try the grocery line question....I'm always up for embarrassing the kiddo!
"Kneejerk answer: Where should we go to get the best ice cream in town?" I thought Audrey was going to crawl under the conveyor belt. Tee hee!!!

And yes, the Crews Crew is getting around a little. The past few years, we've tried to have one place that was just a little out of our usual realm. Two years ago, we tried out Mount Snow in VT. Last year, it was Massanutten. This year, it's the Catskills. Next year, we'll spend the week before Cold Spring up in Lincoln, NH for a slightly different venue. And then 2021 is going to be Williamsburg if it kills me!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
. Next year, we'll spend the week before Cold Spring up in Lincoln, NH for a slightly different venue.

It's about time your crew hits Lincoln! When you ready to plan that trip, no need to look anywhere, your friendly Exit 32 tugger has you covered!