• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How Available are Reservations?

willlbur

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I currently own an HGVC timeshare and am considering purchasing Worldmark points. My question is whether there are typically reservations available when/where I would use it. I understand the benefits to making reservations as soon as the booking window opens, but I would still like to check on some sample trips I would make this upcoming year.
June 26 - July 1 Seattle Camlin (studio)
Mid September Marina Dunes
Palm-Aire November 27 - December 4 (2 BR)

If any current world mark owners could do any of these searches, I would greatly appreciate it. It will help me make a decision re: points purchase.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
In general, Marina Dunes is a difficult reservation to get year-round. Not impossible, but not easy. Plan to book exactly 13-months at the earliest hour and possibly use the waitlist.

Edited to add:
Looking at inventory, Palm-Aire, 2BR, is still available for your late November dates. The Camlin is not currently available (already pretty late for booking the coming summer) but shouldn't be overly difficult. There are still patches of availability suggesting one might still piece together a reservation using the waitlist.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
With Marina Dunes - it is unlikely IMHO - unless you are fine with a mid-week stay or extremely lucky. Camlin is more of a possibility.

Waitlist is your best hope for summer ressies this late in the booking window.

Doubly so if you are just thinking about buying... given the processing time it would take to buy a membership. You probably need to be buying now to have a decent chance at 2020 availability at those resorts for those dates.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just a heads up, in case you didn’t know...
Some WM resorts don’t have air conditioning. Amenities are noted on each resort page.

From the Seattle Camlin webpage - https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/st/
Unit Amenities
· Internet Access (fee applicable)
· Cable TV
· VCR
· DVD player
· Stereo with CD player
· Telephone
· Hairdryer
· No air conditioning (1 fan in each room plus ceiling fans)
All units are hotel size and have limited cooking facilities.

Resort Amenities
· Heated pool
· Heated hot tub
· Barbeque area
· Common area full sized kitchen available for owner and guest use
· Baby grand piano in the lobby
· Laundry Room
· Shared Computer with internet access
· Wi-Fi in lobby, 11th floor (fee applicable)
· Elevator
· Fitness center
· Business center
· Activities center
· On-site concierge
· Garage or valet parking (fee)
Looking at inventory, Palm-Aire, 2BR, is still available for your late November dates. The Camlin is not currently available (already pretty late for booking the coming summer) but shouldn't be overly difficult. There are still patches of availability suggesting one might still piece together a reservation using the waitlist.

TIP: Similar to HGVC, high demand resorts and/or travel dates will require you to reserve as soon as the booking window opens (supply vs demand).

Just to add to what Rhonda provided above...
Here’s the 4 month availability calendar for the studio rooms at Camlin in Seattle to give you an idea of availability.

Unit Types & Descriptions
Studio Courtyard: Queen murphy bed in living area. Units are smaller than standard WorldMark units and have a 3/4 bathroom. Units have hotel-like kitchens which consist of microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Units overlook the courtyard. There are no laundry facilities or community trash bins in the courtyard building, please use main hotel's facilities. Stairs to all courtyard units. Maximum occupancy 2.
Studio – Courtyard Plus: Queen bed and queen murphy bed in living area. Units are smaller than standard WorldMark units and have a a 3/4 bathroom. Units have a hotel-like kitchen which consists of microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Unit overlooks the courtyard. There are no laundry facilities or community trash bins in the courtyard building, please use main hotel's facilities. Stairs to all courtyard units. Maximum occupancy 4.
Studio - Hotel: Queen murphy bed in living area. Units are smaller than standard WorldMark units and hava a 3/4 bathroom. Units have hotel-like kitchen which consists of microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Maximum occupancy 2.

C1FADEBF-CDB3-4F08-B19F-EBED6C3B1EA6.jpeg

60F4D223-8599-4C29-912B-09492781C8E1.jpeg

5A8D941D-8998-469E-9EDC-382ADF1416EE.jpeg
Here’s the 4 month availability for Marina Dunes so you can see the drastic difference and the importance of the 13 month window. For the high demand resorts, you’ll need to be an advance planner.

151CA953-0519-4DC7-A755-743142757125.jpeg

D0580FD6-D514-4026-A58F-17A3467C0397.jpeg

willlbur

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I sure appreciate all of the effort. I am pretty good about making reservations at the earliest dates (based on my HGVC experience),----I was at my computer finger at the ready when the reservation window opened up for the Banff campgrounds last month----but obviously its impossible in a purchase situation. I am also fortunate to be quite flexible on exact dates, but occasionally something unexpected will come up (like the ELO concert in Tacoma at the end of June) and so I was curious. Again, I really appreciate your efforts!

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation - 2 platinums, Wyndham - 1 week, WorldMark 2 weeks
I sure appreciate all of the effort. I am pretty good about making reservations at the earliest dates (based on my HGVC experience),----I was at my computer finger at the ready when the reservation window opened up for the Banff campgrounds last month----but obviously its impossible in a purchase situation. I am also fortunate to be quite flexible on exact dates, but occasionally something unexpected will come up (like the ELO concert in Tacoma at the end of June) and so I was curious. Again, I really appreciate your efforts!
Did you end up buying? I too own Hilton and am looking at this as they have more locations

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Some of the Penthouses have AC.

willlbur

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Did you end up buying? I too own Hilton and am looking at this as they have more locations
It took a while, but I ended up starting with a 16,000 point contract. It is intended to allow for once a month trips I make to FLL during the winter. I'll give it a season and see if it is enough after taking into account inventory specials. Good luck on your purchase.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It took a while, but I ended up starting with a 16,000 point contract. It is intended to allow for once a month trips I make to FLL during the winter. I'll give it a season and see if it is enough after taking into account inventory specials. Good luck on your purchase.
Oh nice - I might just rent from other owners to start with. I have 14,000 points at Hilton and mostly use 1 bedrooms so that gets me 4 weeks roughly a year - which is enough it seems. But are not any HGVC in a lot of places on my list. I was going to buy some worldmark points off a fb group but they just transfer there and I not have an account so you can do that too if you need more ever - something about can get double what you have so if u have 16k can borrow (or rent) 32k etc - but not sure - you'd have to research all that if needed. Thanks for reply!

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Oh nice - I might just rent from other owners to start with. I have 14,000 points at Hilton and mostly use 1 bedrooms so that gets me 4 weeks roughly a year - which is enough it seems. But are not any HGVC in a lot of places on my list. I was going to buy some worldmark points off a fb group but they just transfer there and I not have an account so you can do that too if you need more ever - something about can get double what you have so if u have 16k can borrow (or rent) 32k etc - but not sure - you'd have to research all that if needed. Thanks for reply!

It sounds like you found the WM Credit Rental group and not the group where memberships are bought/sold. The buy/sell group is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327001681139264/

Also there is the wmowners.com buy/sell forum:

https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=71&sid=1f717adc37d3a116dd28ae041cc2822e

Yesterday there was a fully loaded 10k WM account posted for $3000. Fully loaded meaning they had 20k credits available (this year and last years credits) plus 10k credits available to borrow.

And in terms of the credit transfer rules - the rule is that each year (based on your anniversary date), you can rent in or out, up to 2x your annual credit allocation. So a 10k acct, can rent in an additional 20k credits every year.

CanadaGuyEh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice- thanks! I travel so access denied due to my Ip address on the wmowners but in future I might look at it if travel more

It sounds like you found the WM Credit Rental group and not the group where memberships are bought/sold. The buy/sell group is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327001681139264/

Also there is the wmowners.com buy/sell forum:

https://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=71&sid=1f717adc37d3a116dd28ae041cc2822e

Yesterday there was a fully loaded 10k WM account posted for $3000. Fully loaded meaning they had 20k credits available (this year and last years credits) plus 10k credits available to borrow.

And in terms of the credit transfer rules - the rule is that each year (based on your anniversary date), you can rent in or out, up to 2x your annual credit allocation. So a 10k acct, can rent in an additional 20k credits every year.