TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

How are bonus points used??

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Tn1911, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Tn1911

Tn1911 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Seaworld
    Screenshot_20180612-073846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Anybody ever buy points like this?? If so how are these bonus points used??

2. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

They are used for hotel stays. Ive never purchased because I can usually find a cash rate that is lower than the point rate and I have lots of points.

3. Tn1911

Tn1911 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Seaworld
    Okay thanks I thought bonus points were double or triple hilton honors points !!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    What you are looking at are Hilton Honors points, not HGVC Bonus points. Honors points are obtained by staying at Hilton hotels, using the Hilton credit card, or by purchasing them (i.e. from the offer you posted above). Honors points can be used for "hotel" stays booked through the Hilton.

HGVC Bonus points are obtained when purchasing a timeshare direct from HGVC. They can be used for HGVC stays, converted to Hilton Honors points at the rate of 25:1, and to pay your MFs at the rate of $0.10/point (among some other uses).

Hope this helps distinguish the difference between Bonus and Honors points.

Kurt

Tn1911 likes this.
  5. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

No, never bought Hhonors points, although the general consensus on the FT/points forums is that you should only do this if you need to "top off" when redeeming for a stay (ie, you're 20,000 points short in order to get the 4 nights plus 5th night free, then it would probably make sense).

janckenn likes this.
  6. brp

brp TUG Member

Some of the various and sundry travel blogs will highlight times when certain points-based programs for hotels or airlines have specials that can make the purchase a good deal. But, in the end, it's only a good deal with the right reservation, i.e. one where the cost of the points is less than the cost of the reservation in cash. Bonus points and/or promotions can sometimes make this work.

Cheers.