TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Hot, mad, and venting here

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by JudyH, Apr 13, 2018.

1. JudyH

JudyH TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

i have a 3 bedroom unit here in Orlando for ourselves and 3 friends. Place is called Florida Vacation Villas on N Poinciana Rd. Seems to be a unit in an apartment development. Checked in today. Woman in office was supposed to be there 3-5 today. Not Sat or Sun.

Nice unit recently redone. But the AC doesn’t work. I call her. No answer. I go over to the office at 4. Locked up tight. Anyone see the recent movie “the Florida Project “. I mention this to her. She says maybe they will show it On Her Flight Tonite....

So I call the emergency #. The manager lady calls back. “The guy will be right over”. Well he never showed. I called her # that my phone captured. No answer. I text. No response. Must be on that plane.

I call the emergency number back. They couldn’t reach her either. Didn’t know she was on a plane. I asked them to call someone else. They said they’d try.......

So I called RCI. I know that was useless. After hangups, on holds, patronizing talk, a supervisor who never answered the phone I gave up.

My husband opened some windows. It’s not too bad. A nice breeze. I think this exchange was about 10 or less TPUs.

I would like to know how I can complain to someone who can do something. I wouldn’t mind getting my exchange fee back. I tried to complain on Twitter but c ant figure out how to use it.

Really this is my first exchange problem in 20 years.

2. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    I believe RCI has a 24 hour emergency number. I recommend calling it.

3. JudyH

If anyone has that number I would love to have it

4. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East
    We had an exchange a few years ago that was horrible. The area we were in was experiencing bacteria in the Lake and drinking water. Most of the attractions and restaurants were closed due to this and I became sick also. Contacted RCI told them the situation we got our week back, but not exchange fee. We went home Early, and the airline was much more cooperative than RCI. I tend to call RCI when there is a problem and don’t let them Shush me off the phone. On our last vacation in Myrtle Beach I requested a ground floor. RCI said I had to call the resort, so I did. The resort said RCI had to approve it. So I asked the resort to call RCI and vice versa. The manager at the resort gave us the ground floor. Sometimes I feel like I’m working, just straightening out these snafus.
    Silentg

mpumilia likes this.
  5. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Regular numbers from the RCI website:
    RCI Weeks Members: 1.317.805.8000 or 1.800.338.7777
    RCI Points Members: 1.317.805.9941 or 1.877.968.7476
    Fax: 1.317.805.9335
    I tried calling the first number to see if they would give an option for Emergency, but I did not hear one. Perhaps you can say "Agent" or "Operator".

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Mcalpin, Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club at Marco Island, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay & Club, Hideaway Sands, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    When you get RCI asked to also be moved to another resort. They should have other options available. I would also push for your points back, as well as the trade fee for your inconvenience. If you don’t ask you get nothing.

flybefree likes this.
  7. JudyH

I asked with the first two agents. The first one disconnected me the second left me hanging on hold for two hours when I asked to speak to a supervisor. We have Eagles concert tickets and Disney passes. I am angry beyond reason.

8. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

Since RCI was acquired fees have risen dramatically; customer service has declined; and availability has diminished. Oh, for the good old days...

George

mpumilia likes this.
  9. JudiZ

JudiZ TUG Member

Beyond reason - oh no. For the record, I think you are angry with lots of reason! I am angry just reading your posts!

I do hope that your vacation gets better and right quick. Good luck with RCI and the resort.

Beachclubmum likes this.
  10. flybefree

flybefree TUG Member

We stayed at that resort 9 years ago. It's a crappy resort. Definitely hound RCI -- try live chat -- and demand to be moved to another resort. If you booked with a credit card that has travel insurance built in, or if you bought credit card insurance, call them too. And if RCI won't budge, file a claim with the credit card to get the charge reversed. Good luck. What a hassle!

11. JudyH

24 hours later I got text messages from the I think lying manager and someone came while we were out and the AC has been working since late Saturday afternoon. Everything else is ok. I won’t stay again in a place with no one site manager.
    Thanks for listening.

flybefree likes this.
  12. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Great that this is finally resolved after a day or two of horrible discomfort.

I used to exchange in RCI and went to resorts that I had never heard of. Since switching to II, I have only exchanged into the major brands that have a good reputation like Marriott, Westin and Hyatt. Just do not want to deal with bad surprises anymore.

My last bad surprise was last year at Welk Escondido which my first 3 times were great and after last year, simply absolutely no more Welk brand for me.

mpumilia likes this.
  13. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    There's a lot of good resorts that are not major brand though. You sure you want to limit yourself? You could ask around before trading into one. We've had a lot of good luck with other resorts. Some have been incredibly nice too.

VacationForever likes this.
  14. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I know, but unless there is a particular area that we want to go to where major brands do not have timeshare resorts or hotels, then we will probably consider the unknown. We mostly travel as 2 and sometimes we invite another couple to join us.

15. JudyH

I have been from the lovely gold star to the bare bones with a great location. What made the issue here was the lack of management, poor customer service, idiot RCI employees and weekend hours with no live chat.
    The Eagles/ Jimmy Buffet concert was great.

wackymother and silentg like this.
  16. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Mcalpin, Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club at Marco Island, Hgvc Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, Sunrise Bay & Club, Hideaway Sands, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    There are many non major brand resorts that have no designation in II that are renovated , in great areas with great management. Some of these are my favorite resorts to go to.

MelissaI and VacationForever like this.
  17. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East
    Yes, I agree, but it’s better if there is a person on site, for when things happen.

JudyH likes this.