• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Home Week Reservation and Banked/Saved Points

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I own an every other year summer week at the Sheraton Mountain Vista in Avon, CO.

I have 7550 StarOptions banked from my 2017 usage that must be used by 2019.

If I make a home week reservation in 2019 will that use up my banked points and leave me 7550 leftover 2019 points or will the home reservation use my 2019 points.

Many thanks in advance. I own in a lot of timeshare systems and Vistana is my newest. Hard to keep track of the various rules.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
pretty sure that the home reservation will use the 2019 points, unless you wait until you are inside the 8 month window. then I think you can choose which points to use.
If you can't use up all your points, You would likely want to use your 2019 points just, so as to avoid having to pay an additional fee to bank more leftover points.

Someone with more experience than I please chime in

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I own an every other year summer week at the Sheraton Mountain Vista in Avon, CO.

I have 7550 StarOptions banked from my 2017 usage that must be used by 2019.

If I make a home week reservation in 2019 will that use up my banked points and leave me 7550 leftover 2019 points or will the home reservation use my 2019 points.

Many thanks in advance. I own in a lot of timeshare systems and Vistana is my newest. Hard to keep track of the various rules.
You will have to wait until the eight month mark to make a reservation to use your banked points. A home resort reservation won't use any of your banked points.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
With annual contracts banked points are good for two years and you can't bank them again. Not sure if banked EOY contracts would be good for 4 years or if you would only have the single year to use. As mentioned banked points can not book anything during the home week priority time. They can only be used to book 8 months or less from check in date. The banking fee is $99 for non elite members. I probably would have let 7500 expire if I didn't have a specific plan for those points.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With annual contracts banked points are good for two years and you can't bank them again. Not sure if banked EOY contracts would be good for 4 years or if you would only have the single year to use. As mentioned banked points can not book anything during the home week priority time. They can only be used to book 8 months or less from check in date. The banking fee is $99 for non elite members. I probably would have let 7500 expire if I didn't have a specific plan for those points.
Banked StarOptions are good for two calendar years. They aren't tied to your Even or Odd use years. Borrowed StarOptions can only be borrowed in to a use year. That limitation does not exist in in banking SOs.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Banked StarOptions are good for two calendar years. They aren't tied to your Even or Odd use years. Borrowed StarOptions can only be borrowed in to a use year. That limitation does not exist in in banking SOs.
Thanks I though it applied to both banked and borrowed- which I still think it makes no sense that it applies to borrowed.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Thanks for the replies. That's what I suspected.

@tschwa2 I try to never let any timeshare points goes unused. I was just checking on how things work.