• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Inn Club Vacations lawsuit against Timeshare Exit Team

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This Timeshare Exit Team currently is being heavily promoted by some current television celebrities.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes they are advertising on tv/radio/etc all over the country....

i can now see why given the quote in that article claiming they file "800 claims a month"...especially if thats JUST for HICV. that is mind boggling when you consider the reported upfront fees for their services is in the thousands!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I think this is the silver bullet:
"The court denied TET’s motion to dismiss a count for tortious interference with existing contracts, saying the plaintiffs had proved that they suffered damages after failing to make payments."

The interesting thing with HICV going against the owners, the contract we just signed with HICV for our conversion is that it has an arbitration clause. If you have that and can force them into arbitration and they have to foot the bill with JAMS, it becomes VERY expensive for them. Read your contract boys and girls.

This is not legal advise, please do your own research.

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
8a7f0823eac6011e72eccd2c8fb434d4.jpg

I was googling around and seems these timeshare exit schemes and lawyers are getting their pants sued off by Westgate, Diamond, Wyndham, Welk and a host of others.

Looks like they got their Klingon outfits on ready for battle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some very sad stories/reviews from timeshare owners about this company on Yelp.

Last edited:

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
So there are 213 Yelp reviews on the Timeshare Exit Team. Most of the reviews are hidden by Yelp, but they are almost all the same story. Only the dollar amounts are different.

What astounds me is how little research people do before signing on to this group. Luckily, one woman finds the shining light of TUG before she signs up for the Timeshare Exit Team. Why can't we reach more of them?!

Claire V. from Bellevue, WA wrote on 1/26/2017

"What they don't tell you when they say they will "negotiate" to get you out of your time share is that the time share company will want X number of years maintenance fees in order to do so. It doesn't matter how much that amount is, even thousands of dollars, TET will not give you your money back if you don't agree to pay the negotiated fee, so be ready to pay up. Living in Seattle I know LOTS of people have time shares with the Villa group and no doubt TET had to have former clients that they've helped get out of those time shares. I asked if I could speak with one of those clients as a reference and hear about their experience. TET refused so that was my big red flag to dig deeper. In my search I found Timeshare Users Group, a non-profit group of timeshare owners. For $15 membership fee you can post your timeshare on their website. I listed our 3BR Villa del Arco for $1 and it was sold within a week. I paid the $200 transfer fee and it was done! TET wanted to charge us $3900 up front and who knows how much the "negotiated" fee would be. Let's see that versus $215... Seriously, try T.U.G. at worst you're only out $15."

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Makes me sad knowing that a smart guy like Dave Ramsey advertises for them.......

Pierce

Reaction score
Atty Canʼt Leave Fla. Timeshare-Exit Contract Suit

ByLaw360 (January 7, 2019, 5;33 PM EST) -- A Florida federal judge has denied a lawyer's bid to escape a suit claiming he participated in a firmʼs conspiracy to encourage timeshare owners to break their contracts with a resort company, ruling that he has a personal stake in the case but doesnʼt have the privilege to interfere with contracts. U.S. District Judge Gregory A. Presnell denied a motion by Mitchell
Reed Sussman of Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates for summary judgment on Friday in the suit brought by timeshare resort company Orange Lake Country Club Inc. and its financing arm, Wilson Resort Finance LLC, against Reed Hein & Associates LLC, which goes by Timeshare Exit Team.

Judge Presnell ruled that Sussman wrongly claimed that he is merely a vendor acting as an agent for Orange Lake owners at a fixed fee of $500 per file, and therefore cannot claim the privilege of interfering with their timeshare contracts. “The court cannot reasonably conclude that an agency relationship existed between Sussman and Orange Lake owners,” Judge Presnell
wrote. “Even if Sussman had an agency relationship with Orange Lake owners, his privilege to interfere with their contracts was not absolute. The privilege afforded to an agent is not available where the agent acts solely with ulterior purposes and the advice is not in the principalʼs best interest.”

Indeed, the judge asserted, Sussman was aware that his form letters and timeshare resignation notices to Orange Lake were false because he knew that the resort company did not accept any of his exit strategies — and he went on to tell owners they had been successfully exited from their timeshare agreements. As a result, Orange Lake filed foreclosure actions against hundreds of owners, subjecting them to negative credit reporting consequences, the judge said. Sussman also cannot claim that Orange Lakeʼs conspiracy allegation against him fails because he is an agent for Timeshare Exit Team, according to Judge Presnell, who wrote that Florida courts recognizethe “personal stake” exception to the intracorporate conspiracy doctrine, which provides that an agentʼs acts are a corporationʼs act and that a corporation cannot conspire with itself.

Sussman submitted his summary judgment motion to the court on Oct. 4, arguing that he merely wrote "boilerplate" letters as an outside contractor and should not be included in the suit. He said he is one of many vendors hired by Timeshare Exit Team to assist in the firmʼs mission of “exiting” owners from the financial burdens that are part of timeshare ownership.

“The uncontroverted facts are that he is not an employee of TET, he does not share profits or losses with TET, he is one of no less than four outside counsel who have been hired by TET, along with a host of other quasi-legal transfer companies, all charged with the purpose of seeking relief for embattled timeshare owners,” the motion said. In addition, Sussman said, he is named only in the latest complaintʼs third count, for civil conspiracy to commit tortious interference with existing contracts and tortious interference with advantageous business relationships. But, he asserted, judgment should be entered for him on the third count because he is acting as an attorney in the best interest of timeshare owners and thus is not a stranger to the contracts they are hoping to exit.

Sussmanʼs own lawyers, Michael McGirney and Cory Chandler of Spector Gadon & Rosen LLP, moved Nov. 5 to withdraw as his
attorneys, asserting that “defense counsel and the defendants have irreconcilable differences," while acknowledging that Sussman
objected when they advised him of their plans to withdraw. Their withdrawal would not cause any hardship or delay, McGirney and
Chandler said.

However, Orange Lake urged the court on Nov. 13 to deny the two attorneys' request to withdraw, saying the pair have too much
unfinished business in court. McGirney and Chandler had represented Sussman since Orange Lake filed suit in August 2017, according to the resort company. Their Nov. 5 motion to withdraw would leave six unresolved issues, including the pending motion for summary
judgment and deficient discovery responses, Orange Lake said. But on Nov. 19, Magistrate Judge Daniel C. Irick endorsed an order
granting the lawyersʼ bid to withdraw and terminated them as counsel.

On Nov. 20, attorney Elizabeth Olivia Hueber of Michael L. Feinstein PA submitted Sussmanʼs reply in support of his motion for summary judgment. Orange Lakeʼs suit against Timeshare Exit Team in August 2017 accused it of scheming to interfere in the valid contracts between the timeshare resort developer and property owners. The complaint alleged that although Timeshare Exit Team presents itself as a “consumer protection group” that relieves owners of their obligations, the firm isnʼt actually helping people get out of a situation in which a company did something illegal.

Rather, the suit said, Timeshare Exit Team simply wants to divert the property ownersʼ money to itself instead of toward paying the annual maintenance fees, taxes or mortgage payments for their timeshares.

Kwowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Key west
Makes me sad knowing that a smart guy like Dave Ramsey advertises for them.......
I like Dave too. I’m new to this board so I’m surprised to read all this. Makes me question his other “recommendations “