• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton ending anantara affiliation

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw on FB that Hilton's ending their relationship. I think Dec 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just saw on FB that Hilton's ending their relationship. I think Dec 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm . . . Not sure what to think of this. Chances are I was never going to use these resorts. I hope they replace these with other resorts that aren’t all by Hilton Club.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I noticed that some of the points requirements seemed to increase since they first introduced. Perhaps this was a self-fulfilling prophecy - increase points needed => fewer HGVC trading.

Easy come, easy go.

Last edited:

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bummer! Been wanting to go to Queenstown NZ for ages! Just retired this year, and we were thinking around 2020 or so. I'm bummed!

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I don't trust affiliate resorts with odd numbered point structures.

When Club Intrawest point structure changed from a 1BR platinum 4,800pts to 5,236pts, HGVC and Club Intrawest ended their relationship. DVI may have had something to do with it, but that doesn't fit into my story.

Now, HGVC and Anantara end their relationship, another affiliate with resorts having odd numbered point structure.

Coincidence?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never used the resorts, but Thailand and NZ appealed and are on the "bucket" list. Guess I'll just have to look at other options when the time comes, probably resort to renting or something.

Kutros

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what happens to those that are HGVC members when this happens? Do you keep your HGVC points? I've been thinking about purchasing an affiliated resort and a little worried when I hear about things like this. Thanks.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So what happens to those that are HGVC members when this happens? Do you keep your HGVC points? I've been thinking about purchasing an affiliated resort and a little worried when I hear about things like this. Thanks.
Both Anantara and Club Intrawest were resorts that HGVC members could book, but not that members could own as part of their HGVC membership. There are other affiliated resorts (SW Florida resorts, for example), where owning them comes with the option of "enrolling" their week in HGVC and to become a member. Hope that makes sense.

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Both Anantara and Club Intrawest were resorts that HGVC members could book, but not that members could own as part of their HGVC membership. There are other affiliated resorts (SW Florida resorts, for example), where owning them comes with the option of "enrolling" their week in HGVC and to become a member. Hope that makes sense.

Kurt

There was a couple of Florida affiliates that Hilton no longer is affiliated with (Sunset Cove and Shell Island Beach Club). Shell Island’s HOA decided they wanted to disaffiliate with Hilton (it seemed quite a mess with some very unhappy timeshare owners) and Sunset Cove became part of Holiday Inn Vacation Club. In both instances, the HGVC owners were grandfathered in with HGVC and kept their points and rights as owners.

The big issue was that the HGVC rights and points could not be transferred over to new owners. Both resorts are still in the club website. I’m not sure if only owners of those resorts can book or any HGVC club members are allowed. If anybody can reserve, it’s probably just like any of the affiliates. The owners would have to convert their week into points to open them up to any HGVC club member.

I guess anything can happen, but I believe the affiliates will be part of a HGVC for the long haul. Most of the affiliates don’t have ROFR in their deed so you can get some really good deals. Even if something strange happens, you will be grandfathered in and keep your rights and points as an HGVC club member.

Last edited: