• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Highest MF Resorts

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see lists here all the time of Wyndham resorts with the lowest MFs. I'm curious, which ones are the highest MF resorts? and how much per thousand?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Some of the best can also be on the worst list too. Off season fixed weeks don't get a lot of points but still pay the same MF's as the prime weeks.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Off the top of my head Tamarack, Governors Green, Nashville, and Fairfield Glade are all on the higher side.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Not seeing at first that this was the Wyndham thread - my first thought was "The Manhattan Club"

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I read the boards most every day, but haven't posted much. I did manage to unplug and spend a week at Glacier Canyon last month.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see lists here all the time of Wyndham resorts with the lowest MFs. I'm curious, which ones are the highest MF resorts? and how much per thousand?

I had sorted the 2019 UDI MFs earlier this year based on what was reported on TUG. Some of these figures may not be 2019 figure but from up to 2 years earlier. Below are the more expensive per K. As said previously the off season fixed weeks that converted for few points can be much higher than the below.

Wisconsin Dells - Glacier Canyon - Standard 6.59
Destin at Majestic Sun 6.61
Nashville -Music City 7.13
Ocean Ridge-Edisto Village 7.30
Ocean Ridge - Fairway Terrace 7.42
Wisconsin Dells - Tamarack 7.50
Ocean Ridge - Bay Point at Edisto 8.02
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point I 8.66
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point II 8.71
Durango 9.53

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had sorted the 2019 UDI MFs earlier this year based on what was reported on TUG. Some of these figures may not be 2019 figure but from up to 2 years earlier. Below are the more expensive per K. As said previously the off season fixed weeks that converted for few points can be much higher than the below.

Wisconsin Dells - Glacier Canyon - Standard 6.59
Destin at Majestic Sun 6.61
Nashville -Music City 7.13
Ocean Ridge-Edisto Village 7.30
Ocean Ridge - Fairway Terrace 7.42
Wisconsin Dells - Tamarack 7.50
Ocean Ridge - Bay Point at Edisto 8.02
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point I 8.66
Ocean Ridge-Marsh Point II 8.71
Durango 9.53

Wow, what’s with Edisto Island?!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Why is Durango so expensive?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Seems like Atlantic City is high, too. I'm surprised they don't show up on the list.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last time Atlantic City was reported here was for 2017 at 6.53/K but that is the situation also for others on the list.

There has been no comprehensive reporting of all MF since 2017.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Ripped straight from my personal contracts excel spreadsheet that I use:
Fairfield Plantation (GA) (which seems to have a set MF, regardless of the number of points you own), so my 126K contract costs $6.70/1,000 but I also have a 77K and a 84K contract, which end up costing $10.58/1,000 and $9.07/1,000 respectively;
Shawnee Village (PA) (may be similar to FP above because they have many different "villages" which probably all have a unique cost) - $9.26/1,000.

And if anyone wants to take these contracts off my hands, I will pay closing costs and transfer fees...;).

Cheers!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ripped straight from my personal contracts excel spreadsheet that I use:
Fairfield Plantation (GA) (which seems to have a set MF, regardless of the number of points you own), so my 126K contract costs $6.70/1,000 but I also have a 77K and a 84K contract, which end up costing $10.58/1,000 and $9.07/1,000 respectively;
Shawnee Village (PA) (may be similar to FP above because they have many different "villages" which probably all have a unique cost) - $9.26/1,000.

And if anyone wants to take these contracts off my hands, I will pay closing costs and transfer fees...;).

Cheers!
Will Wyndham take them back thru Ovations?

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Will Wyndham take them back thru Ovations?
I have not tried yet...these are the outliers in my portfolio...if the MF go much higher (and I know they will...;)), I will try...

Cheers!

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Wow, what’s with Edisto Island?!
Besides the higher (flood) insurance costs, seaside properties sustain worse wear-and-tear in the salt air. Especially true at Edisto, where many buildings are a bit older and have WOOD siding, exterior decking and stairwells, and there's not a large local workforce. Whenever we've stayed in Edisto, the buildings and units have been beautifully well-maintained and updated. I can see how this costs. Worth it for owners who love their home resort. Expensive to use as a trader or to use the points to stay elsewhere within the system.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Besides the higher (flood) insurance costs, seaside properties sustain worse wear-and-tear in the salt air. Especially true at Edisto, where many buildings are a bit older and have WOOD siding, exterior decking and stairwells, and there's not a large local workforce. Whenever we've stayed in Edisto, the buildings and units have been beautifully well-maintained and updated. I can see how this costs. Worth it for owners who love their home resort. Expensive to use as a trader or to use the points to stay elsewhere within the system.

There is the cost to book the room as well. Some may take 300,000 for a 2 bedroom at $4k/1000 with others being 200,000 at $6k/1000. Both are $1200 for a week and both provide sales something to sell. Hey you should own here because it only takes so many points and you should own here because the points are so cheap

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why is Durango so expensive?
Property taxes and the cost of snow removal. It's a small boutique type resort in historic downtown Durango so limited number of units to divide the expense between. It's a very nice resort in a great location.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head Tamarack, Governors Green, Nashville, and Fairfield Glade are all on the higher side.

We own at Governors green. The MF is quite high. We got the week for almost nothing many years ago because it traded in II. We wanted to be able to trade into DVC, which traded through II. It was great for a few years when the kids were younger and we wanted to go to Disney.

Sadly, Disney went to RCI and somehow our TS stopped trading in II and started in RCI.

Joe