• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV owner update, possible regret turning sales offer down

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Strange I know but...I'm kinda regretting NOT accepting what was offered at our last update. It would have been canceling my Az deed and switching it to South Beach points which would have at least been resealable. I don't remember all the details but it was @.17 per point (my low price per point I bought into which expires soon) and some other perks, no down payment etc. He also said our MF wouldn't start till 2019 so this yr we'd be MF free. Only problem is that I just paid them.

It was annual. He said that because it would be a whole new contract, we would not have to pay the MF for 2018. He said he would give us the "preferred level for a yr. to see how we like it.

We didn't get copies of the offer so I don't remember the points but we currently own 125,00 in Az and he kept pushing that we needed more in order to have a two bedroom for a full week. I outwitted him several times, thanks to TUG but now that I'm looking back, should I have gone for his deal? Did I do good being strong or did I make a mistake?

Reaction score
Nope, just sit back and enjoy what you have! It is true that if you sell your non-South Beach it will revert to a week and be worthless. Even a South Beach Points program will lose money. BUT, you can still use it, it is still worth it to keep it. If you don’t have enough points for a desired week, you can either borrow from next year’s points, or rent from an owner here on TUG.

TS

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Look for resales from South Beach, Gatlinburg , or Lake Geneva
All HICV point resorts and as a points owner will show up in your account to use for your vacations.
The level you are referring to has little value vs the saved money

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Strange I know but...I'm kinda regretting NOT accepting what was offered at our last update. It would have been canceling my Az deed and switching it to South Beach points which would have at least been resealable. I don't remember all the details but it was @.17 per point (my low price per point I bought into which expires soon) and some other perks, no down payment etc. He also said our MF wouldn't start till 2019 so this yr we'd be MF free. Only problem is that I just paid them.

It was annual. He said that because it would be a whole new contract, we would not have to pay the MF for 2018. He said he would give us the "preferred level for a yr. to see how we like it.

We didn't get copies of the offer so I don't remember the points but we currently own 125,00 in Az and he kept pushing that we needed more in order to have a two bedroom for a full week. I outwitted him several times, thanks to TUG but now that I'm looking back, should I have gone for his deal? Did I do good being strong or did I make a mistake?

Paying $0 and owning a unit worth $0 when you decide to sell it is better than paying the developer $20K to make your unit resellable for $2K. If you have points now, buying a resale unit at a points resort (Lake Geneva, South Beach, Smoky Mountain) is your best bet to get more points. I maintain a list of points units for sale via resale - message me if you are interested in getting the link.

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Look for resales from South Beach, Gatlinburg , or Lake Geneva
All HICV point resorts and as a points owner will show up in your account to use for your vacations.
The level you are referring to has little value vs the saved money
What about a resort I heard of called Snowdance Mt. Ascutney , this resort was listed in a HICV team newsletter that went out about resale. I've only ever heard of the three you listed. Does anyone know the story on this one?

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
It will be a week only ownership when bought , you will have to convert to points for big bucks.

Dave

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about a resort I heard of called Snowdance Mt. Ascutney , this resort was listed in a HICV team newsletter that went out about resale. I've only ever heard of the three you listed. Does anyone know the story on this one?

What do you mean by the resort being "listed in a HICV team newsletter about resale"? HICV has almost 30 resorts that have regular activity on the resale market. Are you saying that it was singled out with the other 3 points resorts?

-Scott

Reaction score
Paying $0 and owning a unit worth $0 when you decide to sell it is better than paying the developer $20K to make your unit resellable for $2K. If you have points now, buying a resale unit at a points resort (Lake Geneva, South Beach, Smoky Mountain) is your best bet to get more points. I maintain a list of points units for sale via resale - message me if you are interested in getting the link.

-Scott
Hello Scott
Can you send me a list of the points for resale. I currently own a silverleaf week and I am being offered $7000 to buy 35000 points in order to convert to the point system.

Regards

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I paid $5500 for 45,000 points a few years ago to convert but from what I hear, what they are offering you sounds reasonable compared to what others are getting. How many total points will you have after conversion?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid $5500 for 45,000 points a few years ago to convert but from what I hear, what they are offering you sounds reasonable compared to what others are getting. How many total points will you have after conversion?

Agreed that's better than the $5K retail purchase for each 25K in resale conversions that was quoted starting mid 2017.

-Scott

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have 127,000 points in HIVC we converted our studio for a 2 bedroom at Orange Lake 8 years ago.
We use this for IHG points to travel to our vacations. Usually book a night on the way to and back from a destination.
We were able to book 6 nights at the Crown Plaza in Rome,Italy before our week in Ireland in 2015.
Have you put your points in IHG? This has worked out for us and since we live close by we have day use at Orange Lake too! Also we kept 27,000 point in HIVC for a short stay at one of the affiliates.
Silentg

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 127,000 points in HIVC we converted our studio for a 2 bedroom at Orange Lake 8 years ago.
We use this for IHG points to travel to our vacations. Usually book a night on the way to and back from a destination.
We were able to book 6 nights at the Crown Plaza in Rome,Italy before our week in Ireland in 2015.
Have you put your points in IHG? This has worked out for us and since we live close by we have day use at Orange Lake too! Also we kept 27,000 point in HIVC for a short stay at one of the affiliates.
Silentg

The going rate for IHG points on the IHG website is $115 for 20K = $5.75/1K (using Points + Cash).

To get points that cheap with HICV points, your maintenance has to be $3.91/1K - $391 for 100K HICV points + $69 IHG conversion = $460 for 80K (100 x 4/5) IHG points.

IHG conversion is better than not using points, but not an efficient planned use of points - if you are consistently doing this, you should really look at reducing your HICV holdings.

-Scott

MoneyBear

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Scott-

We are rescinding a purchase that was made at a resort on Tuesday of this week (largely based on info that we found here on TUG). As such, we are shopping the secondary market for points. I'd like to get a copy of that list you mentioned above, if still current and available. Thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Scott-

We are rescinding a purchase that was made at a resort on Tuesday of this week (largely based on info that we found here on TUG). As such, we are shopping the secondary market for points. I'd like to get a copy of that list you mentioned above, if still current and available. Thanks!

congrats on finding TUG in time to save a fortune and make a better decision on your vacation ownership!