• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV Lake Geneva next year - Leaf Peeping

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Thinking doing an internal HICV trade to Lake Geneva or possibly Gatlinburg during the peak of fall colors.

We just converted over to HICV from Silverleaf.

Is this an impossible task? Not being familiar with the new system, I don't know if 10 months would allow to get a decent 2BR, or it there would be very limited availability (1BR & Studio).

Would appreciate the advice of HICV pros on this.

Would also be open to RCI trade suggestions too.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
You should have no problem at 10 months out. Places like Myrtle Beach, Cape Canaveral and Panama City during the summer sometimes get difficult but everything else shouldn't be a problem.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I actually just looked for late October this year and Lake Geneva still has 2 bedrooms but Gatlinburg does not have any rooms

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the places you mentioned we would be using shoulder or off seasons. We don't like crowds ;)

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually just looked for late October this year and Lake Geneva still has 2 bedrooms but Gatlinburg does not have any rooms

Thank you! I'm a planner, so I would be looking at the beginning of the window.

This year, we're going to Oak and Spruce. It will be the first time we will have been to that part of the country. Really looking forward to it. :banana:

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I live about an hour away from there....Nice resort but not totally up to HIVC standards yet.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
The last week of October is usually the peak of leaf season in Gatlinburg. The weeks before and after are also very good and the higher elevations in the mountains peak a week or so ahead of Gatlinburg. I like going in early November (1st, 2nd or 3rd in 2019) because the crowds are lighter and the leaves are still very nice.

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I live about an hour away from there....Nice resort but not totally up to HIVC standards yet.
We really loved the area up there.

I have been to Boston, but it was my wife's first trip to New England. While the Fall colors were not as brilliant as I hoped, I still loved the area. We went up to New Hampshire and up to Ticonderoga NY. The drives were lovely.

We stayed in a 2BR lodge unit. It was acceptable. The resort is in a very pretty area. I would return.