• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV GATLINBURG TRANSFER Help!

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Cannot get an answer from the deed dep. At OL (no surprise there). What I am trying to find out is if point will def. transfer with a Gatlinburg deed on resale. The deeding dept. refuses to answer the question because it's resale. It's an old deed. The estopple has the name of the old resort, Crown park resorts, with holiday inn listed below and by Holiday Inn it says (non transferable). It shows no points on the estoppel but the auction was for 108,000 points. Just want to clarify before I send payment for auction. Anyone?
I have an image of the part of the estoppel I'm talking about but can't upload it.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cannot get an answer from the deed dep. At OL (no surprise there). What I am trying to find out is if point will def. transfer with a Gatlinburg deed on resale. The deeding dept. refuses to answer the question because it's resale. It's an old deed. The estopple has the name of the old resort, Crown park resorts, with holiday inn listed below and by Holiday Inn it says (non transferable). It shows no points on the estoppel but the auction was for 108,000 points. Just want to clarify before I send payment for auction. Anyone?
I have an image of the part of the estoppel I'm talking about but can't upload it.

Current year points will transfer if the seller sends a signed letter to HICV requesting transfer of 2018 points and they have not been used.

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

Shrewbeer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Smoky Mountains and Lake Geneva
I was told at an “owners presentation” today that HIVC is killing the resale market and no longer allowing points to transfer on resale.

I survived without purchasing their $37,000 loan for another 200k points lol

However I would really be interested in finding out if this is true. I’d like to add some more points soon and if Smoky Mountain shares no longer automatically convert that would stink... anyone here bought one after April of ‘17? That’s when they claimed it stopped.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
I was told at an “owners presentation” today that HIVC is killing the resale market and no longer allowing points to transfer on resale.

However I would really be interested in finding out if this is true. I’d like to add some more points soon and if Smoky Mountain shares no longer automatically convert that would stink... anyone here bought one after April of ‘17? That’s when they claimed it stopped.
I just bought some from Gatlinburg. I will let u know. I will be pretty upset if not.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've purchased several units since April 2017 - what changed then was conversion of fixed weeks to points for cheap. Lake Geneva, Smoky Mountain, and South Beach continue to transfer as points, but HICV can exercise ROFR on anything they want.

-Scott

MoneyBear

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
I've purchased several units since April 2017 - what changed then was conversion of fixed weeks to points for cheap. Lake Geneva, Smoky Mountain, and South Beach continue to transfer as points, but HICV can exercise ROFR on anything they want.

-Scott

How many of your resale transactions have been killed by ROFR? I'm in the process of attempting to purchase some myself but I'm beginning to be concerned that what many people are saying about HICV buying up the resale market to fund the trust might be legitimate and I won't see any of these go through. Is there a price point where it no longer makes sense for HICV but still make sense for the buyer/seller in the resale market? Just curious what your experience has been recently. Thanks!

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mine went through just fine and closed fast

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How many of your resale transactions have been killed by ROFR? I'm in the process of attempting to purchase some myself but I'm beginning to be concerned that what many people are saying about HICV buying up the resale market to fund the trust might be legitimate and I won't see any of these go through. Is there a price point where it no longer makes sense for HICV but still make sense for the buyer/seller in the resale market? Just curious what your experience has been recently. Thanks!
You can never tell. It also depends on the MF to point ration. If you have 2 or 3 exercised upon you might try upping your offers a smidge on the next.

MoneyBear

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
You can never tell. It also depends on the MF to point ration. If you have 2 or 3 exercised upon you might try upping your offers a smidge on the next.

Got it. Most everything I've been looking at has been in the 3-5 cents per point range and most of the maintenance costs have been $5-$7 per 1k points. First auction won yesterday and second is closing soon. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Got it. Most everything I've been looking at has been in the 3-5 cents per point range and most of the maintenance costs have been $5-$7 per 1k points. First auction won yesterday and second is closing soon. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
where did you find $5 per 1k points?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've had several killed by ROFR both before April 2017 and after. I haven't noticed any difference, but it's really hard to tell given that every contract is different.

-Scott