• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hi all. Sorry to be a stranger. But I have some time now to say hello.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Congratulations on all the moves!

Danbury is a nice area, I have family nearby in Bethel.

Chris, as a Realtor you know there is always too much stuff! A professional organizer can help you categorize what you want to keep/move, items worth selling, things that need to find new homes with friends or church members just starting out, whatever is left call and donate to Salvation Army or Veterans -they pick up!

Maria

I am going through this right now, but unlike others I have no issues getting rid of most things. I am posting on Facebook Yard sale groups. Going ok, but not great. I put a couple of things on Craigslist- nothing- so giving up on that. I am not willing to start with shipping things and paypal, so anything that doesn't sell in a week or so is going to Goodwill. Doing one room at a time. Husband is handling garage items and anything he can't get rid of is being put at the end of our driveway for free. Things have already been picked up from that pile.

The only thing I can't get rid of yet is some furniture and paintings on the wall because our home is up for sale and it would not look good. When the time comes if the furniture doesn't go I will call the Salvation Army or Veterans.

My friends keep seeing my posts and say I am asking too little for things. Really? So you would think then I would be getting tons of sales! I am amazed at how people my age are still holding tight to their Lenox and Lladras and so forth. I just sold a box of the Lenox and one lladra for $15 and was happy to not have to dust them anymore. Now to just get rid of the curio.

Our most popular item so far? My dad's old Gretsch guitar. First I was giving it away but due to the incredible number of inquiries decided to ask for money. Still had tons of offers and even one for double what we were asking- but was too late. Also- our 2 piece porch set- gave away for $20. LOL! I couldn't keep up with the inquiries on these.

The idea- not to make tons of money- but just to get a little something- main focus being on getting rid of things!

I find the best thing to do is not analyze every piece that needs to be tossed. If there is no room for it or you haven't used it in a year- goodbye- no matter how nice it is. And as for things that belonged to long lost relatives- things are not people. If you want to keep a momento, pick one small item or take a photo of it.

Going from a 2600 square foot house to an 1100 square foot cottage is a challenge, but really it is amazing how little you need. It is very freeing to divest oneself of stuff.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am going through this right now, but unlike others I have no issues getting rid of most things. I am posting on Facebook Yard sale groups.
We have had incredible success selling on Facebook Garage Sale groups and the Marketplace. My wife listed six bookshelves, Four 71" tall and two about 35" tall. By the time she was able to mark them sold, she had over 60 responses. One person bought them all. She has a friend that is moving that is listing stuff too but none of it is selling. The key is pricing things to move. All those tall shelves were $30 each and the short ones $15. Her friend was trying to sell a dining room table set for $650. I am sure it was expensive when it was new, but so are timeshares. We have found that for hard furnishings, you need to price at or below 50% of new. Closer to 40% gets things moving fast. We have recently emptied out a garage and many items in our condo to the tune of over $2000.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I will just have to move again . Joking.
Still better than NYC sales Tax .

The City Sales Tax rate is 4.5%, NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4% and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375% for a total Sales and Use Tax of 8.875 percent