• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHI- Harbour Club recommendations

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
We are heading to HHI and staying at Harbour Club. Any recommendations for food, bars, golf, etc.? How is the resort?
What is the weather like in early October?
Flying into Savannah, how long does it take to drive to HHI-Harbour Club? What route is best to take?

Thanks

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to seeing the answers by others. We spent last week there. I have my opinions but want my computer keyboard to tap them out, not the iPhone.

Depending on time of day and traffic expect an hour from airport. Use parkway to scoot around Bluffton. We use the backroads to get to 46 through Bluffton. Check google maps to see if there are tie ups on 95.

You can find average weather conditions on weather.com. They are just averages because it can be beautiful or terrible. It’s still hurricane season.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We a LWR always take 95 to 270. It takes about 45 minutes. Our favorite restaurants are Sante Fe Cafe, Redfish and Daniels.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We a LWR always take 95 to 270. It takes about 45 minutes. Our favorite restaurants are Sante Fe Cafe, Redfish and Daniels.
I don't even think it takes that long. Quick ride. Our fav restaurants are Chow Daddys and British Open Pub. Weather will be close to perfect in my opinion, still warm enough for the beach but not humid and less crowded. I can't wait to start enjoying HHI in the fall season.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

https://goo.gl/maps/ff2o4H5mXex

I-95 to 278 (rather than 270)

Very good call on Santa Fe (it's mine, too)....and Redfish is also good, and makes my list, definitely a top 12.
BUT, you need to try Ombra Cucina Rustica (any table #20-23) in Wexford Plaza, and Sage Room (table #31) off Pope Ave..
You will then alter some of your favorites.

Last edited:

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading to HHI and staying at Harbour Club. Any recommendations for food, bars, golf, etc.? How is the resort?
What is the weather like in early October?
Flying into Savannah, how long does it take to drive to HHI-Harbour Club? What route is best to take?

Thanks

This is probably the exception but ...

We were on HHI couple of years ago in October and had enjoyed a perfect warm weather week. On check-out day we were chased up the east coast by a hurricane (can't remember which one, there have been so many lately!). We were just about 4 hours ahead of the storm. I distinctly remember following Nat'l Grid and emergency vehicles up I-95 which exited at the Outer Banks. Too close for comfort so no more fall visits for us.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the resort?
Thanks

We just spent a week at Harbour Club. It was a very busy week on the island. I asked for the same location we had in January which looked over the Broad Creek area. It was second floor right over the pool. Nice view of the creek. Got to watch the tide come in an out. Even saw dolphins there one morning. Mornings were lovely on the balcony with enough sun/shade for either one you wanted. The one draw back for this location is being right over the pool you can't escape being part of the action. I suspect October will be a much different experience than Easter week.

The resort is small with a bare bones staff. I never saw anyone at the concierge desk or an activities person. My expectation was that with this very manageable size it would be in pristine condition. I noticed many broken light covers going up the rear stairs to the back porch. The fountain by these stairs wasn't working.

The rooms are nice. The location is convenient to the marina.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't even think it takes that long. Quick ride. Our fav restaurants are Chow Daddys and British Open Pub. Weather will be close to perfect in my opinion, still warm enough for the beach but not humid and less crowded. I can't wait to start enjoying HHI in the fall season.

It actually takes longer than 45 minutes. It is a short distance as the crow flies but unfortunately there is no direct way to get there. It is at least an hour without traffic but it is a nice ride and goes by fast.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
45 minutes from I-95 is legit if you take the cross island parkway. You zip right into Sea Pines that way.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It actually takes longer than 45 minutes. It is a short distance as the crow flies but unfortunately there is no direct way to get there. It is at least an hour without traffic but it is a nice ride and goes by fast.
It's right at an hour or just over from the airport, less than 45 minutes once you get off I-95 if you take the bypass in Bluffton and the toll road if the traffic is not bad. With traffic, it can be quite a bit longer. Arrival and departure day/time can be make or break. Saturday is the busiest time from a timeshare standpoint and gets very busy in the early to mid afternoon. Late morning on the weekends can be busy when everyone is checking out Evenings around 4-6 can be very busy leaving the island as well. Note the bypass goes behind the outlets so if that's the destination, it's a great way to miss some of the lights and traffic.

hawk5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Harbour Club! One of our favorite resorts. See this link for a very thorough restaurant review: Post #164
The weather in October will be beautiful. Fantastic for bike riding, tennis, golf, etc. If you want a unique golf experience, take the ferry over to Daufuskie Island.

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
We love Harbour Club! One of our favorite resorts. See this link for a very thorough restaurant review: Post #164
The weather in October will be beautiful. Fantastic for bike riding, tennis, golf, etc. If you want a unique golf experience, take the ferry over to Daufuskie Island.

Please provide more details on the golf experience on Daufuskie Island. Thanks

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
It's right at an hour or just over from the airport, less than 45 minutes once you get off I-95 if you take the bypass in Bluffton and the toll road if the traffic is not bad. With traffic, it can be quite a bit longer. Arrival and departure day/time can be make or break. Saturday is the busiest time from a timeshare standpoint and gets very busy in the early to mid afternoon. Late morning on the weekends can be busy when everyone is checking out Evenings around 4-6 can be very busy leaving the island as well. Note the bypass goes behind the outlets so if that's the destination, it's a great way to miss some of the lights and traffic.

Adding to the data points....
It takes 35 minute at 3am on a Tuesday in April. Had to laugh at myself thinking of this thread and watching the time as I drove to HT last night / this morning! Had all green lights in Bluffton, only slowing once for a light that turned green as I approached the intersection.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Please provide more details on the golf experience on Daufuskie Island. Thanks

Haven't played golf over at Daufuskie for several years, but there are three really great courses....
Haig Point (Rees Jones), Melrose (Nicklaus Inc), and Bloody Point (Tom Weiskopf/Love Design....a Davis Love company).

Daufuskie Island is only accessible via ferry from Hilton Head.
Google these, or call, to find out all there is to know. I doubt that many TUG members, if any, have played over there enough to share.
Even though I've played all three courses more than once, it's been a while so I feel a bit out of touch myself, so I suggest that you do some research. It will take a lot longer to play there because of the trip over and back, but if you want a unique experience, the courses are wonderful.

Haig Point:
https://haigpoint.com/lifestyle/golf

Melrose Golf course:
http://www.hiltonheadgolf.com/hilton-head-golf-courses/merlose-club-golf-course.htm

Bloody Point: (went bankrupt but course still open, I believe....
buildings, etc. under renovation)
http://www.hiltonheadgolf.com/hilton-head-golf-courses/bloody-point.htm

Last edited: