• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Sea World $25/day resort fee?

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at booking an exchange at this resort, but when I went to book a disclaimer came up that they charge a $25 a day (plus tax) resort fee. Is that applicable to exchanges in through RCI also? I tried calling them but they never answered the phone.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at booking an exchange at this resort, but when I went to book a disclaimer came up that they charge a $25 a day (plus tax) resort fee. Is that applicable to exchanges in through RCI also? I tried calling them but they never answered the phone.

Yes it’s applicable through RCI. They started that with reservations made after January this year. But you do get 2 small bottles of water, free dvd rentals and internet :crash:

If you book through hgvc there are no additional fees and you get the same amenities.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
But you do get 2 small bottles of water, free dvd rentals and internet.
... and free self-parking!

This fee is there under the "Fees" tab in RCI's listing for HGVC at Seaworld.
HGVC has adopted same fees that a lot of resorts are charging exchangers.
There is also a small "per stay" housekeeping fee, if staying L-T one week.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks for confirming that. I'm going to take the unit off hold and book elsewhere. What a turnoff.
Especially with all the choices in Orlando

I dislike the fee too. Even more as I am an hgv owner and they charge it to us too.

My take for their Higher Orlando resort fee is they probably thought DVC charges extra for a trade, so can we. As great as HGV properties are I will not trade in RCI to HGV properties but I will to DVC as I get much more value for my resort fee.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Grand Vacation Club and other resorts need to make
up for the lost revenue from high price sales now that most
people are buying resales on ebay or getting t/s cheap/free

Is a resort fee mandatory?

A resort fee, also called a facility fee, a destination fee,
an amenity fee, an urbanfee, or a resort charge,
is a separate mandatory fee that a guest is charged by
an accommodation provided in addition to a base room rate.

Is it fair to charge a $25.00 per day Resort Fee plus tax?

No! Especially since there may only be one or two people
staying in a unit, while some units may have ten to twelve.

Look at how much additional income the state
is receiving from the resort fee tax collected.

Finally what is the state sales tax rate for Florida resort fees?

:(

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Do you have any data to back up that statement? To the contrary, information from HGV financial releases show sales at a all-time high. Even though all you may see is resales as you hang around here, TUG posters represent a tiny fraction of timeshare buyers and users.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have any data to back up that statement? To the contrary, information from HGV financial releases show sales at a all-time high. Even though all you may see is resales as you hang around here, TUG posters represent a tiny fraction of timeshare buyers and users.

Kurt

Yup. Almost certainly not true. We live in a bubble where buying resale is as natural as breathing. However, in talking with other timeshare owners, the majority of them are out there suffocating.

Cheers.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think RCI in their capacity as adviser to their big developer clients are encouraging the developers to implement fees as a source of income stating that it is becoming the industry norm. When Massanutten added the resort fee last year that was there main excuse/talking point.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think RCI in their capacity as adviser to their big developer clients are encouraging the developers to implement fees as a source of income stating that it is becoming the industry norm. When Massanutten added the resort fee last year that was there main excuse/talking point.

Sadly, for better or worse (who am I kidding...there is no "better" here...) the excuse really does seem to be valid. It is certainly becoming the norm.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Did not Disney start all this extra fee business. Why because they could. So other more premium locations are following suit.

I used to grab HGVC via RCI once in a while to save on points, but now with this fee and the exchange fee from RCI it is NO longer worth it to do so. Cheaper for me to book directly with HGVC now.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Perhaps HGVC members should favor fees for RCI exchangers.
Discouraging exchanges means more inventory for members to book.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
In theory, shouldn’t resort fees charged to exchangers help keep owner’s MF lower? And HGV owners exchanging into other Timeshare systems subsidize the other owners. Since the actual resort you are exchanging doesn’t see any revenue from what ever points were used to get there, the fees are gravy.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points

Is a resort fee mandatory?

A resort fee, also called a facility fee, a destination fee,
an amenity fee, an urbanfee, or a resort charge,
is a separate mandatory fee that a guest is charged by
an accommodation provided in addition to a base room rate.

Is it fair to charge a $25.00 per day Resort Fee plus tax?

No! Especially since there may only be one or two people
staying in a unit, while some units may have ten to twelve.

Look at how much additional income the state
is receiving from the resort fee tax collected.

Finally what is the state sales tax rate for Florida resort fees?

:(
Retail sales are very good according to HGVC stock quarterly reports. They have been adding about 25,000 new retail member/year the last couple of years.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This is a link describing the annual MF bills for HGV owners. I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with RCI fees for exchangers???

I'm not sure what Miss Marty's been drinking, but I'd like some.

Let's face it... Fees tacked onto RCI exchanges are here to stay.
It's just another factor to consider in deciding if a trip is worth the expense.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In theory, shouldn’t resort fees charged to exchangers help keep owner’s MF lower? And HGV owners exchanging into other Timeshare systems subsidize the other owners. Since the actual resort you are exchanging doesn’t see any revenue from what ever points were used to get there, the fees are gravy.
No, exchangers should not be subsidizing MFs of owners. Owners should be paying for the full operation of their resort. Why should someone who owns a resort that doesn't charge a resort fee have to pay when they exchange in to another resort? You can exchange your HGVC to another resort so someone can subsidize your fees? When exchanging started, you were trading what you owned for what someone else owned. No games, no fees unless the original owner paid them too.

I wonder if this resort fee even goes back to the HOA to subsidise the resort operations or if it is just going in to the corporate pocket?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pdf describes the annual MF bills for HGVClub owners

Operating Fee:Funds the day-to-day operating expenses of your property including: costs related to routine building repairs and maintenance, administration and management, utilities, security, property insurance, housekeeping, recreational amenities, landscape maintenance, and otheroperating expenses. (source pdf)

When these properties were built, amenities like the (Owners Lounge)
Clubhouse, outdoor pool, phones were included in the annual MF fee.

Resort Fees should be included in the annual MF bill and not collected from exchanger`s
What happens when a unit sits empty, where is the income to pay for resort amenities?

I personally feel that it`s not right to charge any exchanger an additional resort fee..
Some people who only go for a weekend or one week vacation may not complain.

Exchangers Say No to Daily Resort Fees by staying
@ a timeshare that does not charge resort fees.

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, exchangers should not be subsidizing MFs of owners. Owners should be paying for the full operation of their resort. Why should someone who owns a resort that doesn't charge a resort fee have to pay when they exchange in to another resort? You can exchange your HGVC to another resort so someone can subsidize your fees? When exchanging started, you were trading what you owned for what someone else owned. No games, no fees unless the original owner paid them too.

There are two budgets at HGV SeaWorld

Orlando Vacation Suites I (for phases 1 and 2)
OSV I MF is the same regardless of unit size

Orlando Vacation Suites II (for phases 3 & 4)
OSV II MF (operating, reserve, re tax) based on unit size

2019 MF for 2 Bedroom Platinum $1,171.
2019 MF for 3 Bedroom Platinum $1,487.

RCI Code: 3517
Why does HGV still need to charge
RCI exchanger`s a daily resort fee?

Last edited: