TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

HGVC resorts that do NOT have ROFR

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by terces, Dec 2, 2017.

1. terces

terces TUG Member

Other than Flamingo, are there any other HGVC resorts where one can buy resale without having to worry about being ROFR'd?

2. bevans

bevans TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
    To my knowledge only some affiliates no other HGVC built timeshares and that is why they get so much attention when they go for sale.

janckenn likes this.
  3. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan, Blue Ridge Village
    Eagles Nest has no ROFR

4. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Bay Club doesn't have ROFR

5. bagabonz

bagabonz Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bay Club Waikoloa
    Bay Club for sure. Paid $1 for my last resale buy there.

6. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Affiliates can be a good deal. I picked one up for -0-. No ROFR.
    ... Plantation Beach Club @Indian River Plantation (Stuart)...

7. Wgk101

Wgk101 TUG Member

I just closed on charter club of Marco for $1200

8. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Marbrisa.

9. terces

terces TUG Member

Do the affiliate HGVC points have the same rights, values, etc as buying a resale from the Flamingo?

10. ConejoRed

ConejoRed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach, HGVC Grand Pacific MarBrisa
    I own 3 affiliates and points are points and I have seen no difference. I do have to move them around to get them all in one contract for booking purposes, but that just takes a phone call. Just closed on a 7,0000 annual Grand Pacific MarBrisa unit found on Redweek ($2,500) so now also have access to both HGVC and the Grand Pacific Exchange system which is an added bonus as I live in CA and Grand Pacific has more West Coast inventory than HGVC.

11. terces

terces TUG Member

We have just done an initial experiment and stayed in 2 HGVC and found the quality and maintenance to be top drawer. Is that the same across the board for the affiliate resorts?

12. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Handling HGVC membership thru an affiliate involves a few extra steps.
    1st -Since membership is optional, you need to go thru the resort to enroll.
    2nd - Each year, you'll need to elect to use your week or cancel to take points.

Cancellation to take points can usually be made online or with a phone call.
    I was startled the first time I unexpectedly received a confirmation for my week.
    In hindsight, it was perfectly normal. I simply called to cancel it and got my points.

13. ConejoRed

ConejoRed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach, HGVC Grand Pacific MarBrisa
    I have stayed at all three of my resorts (Craigendarroch, Bay Club and MarBrisa) and all were at top HGVC quality. At Craigendarroch it was in the Suites section (vs. the Lodges that I own) and the 2 bedroom suite there was first class. That is the beauty of HGVC in that you can upgrade at will if you have the points and there is availability. I was able to book three, 2 bedroom Villa weeks (8400 points each) at the Bay Club for next June for a birthday milestone trip with friends by rolling forward some 2017 points, using 2018 points and borrowing some 2019 points which is the beauty of HGVC. Still have points left for 2018 and 2019 from the new MarBrisa purchase.

I started out with resale Marriotts (not eligible to convert to their point system) but just sold the last one I had of those and will just have HGVC now as they treat their resale owners well (although I did have to pay a mandatory $995 to requalify the GP MarBrisa unit into HGVC, but the price per point was still just .50).

dayooper and klpca like this.
  14. bagabonz

bagabonz Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bay Club Waikoloa
    I’ve never had to cancel that way at the Bay Club. Different affiliates probably have different rules.

15. JSparling

JSparling TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Valdoro in Breckenridge has no ROFR. But otherwise it's 100% HGVC and you get all the regular membership benefits.

16. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

What about the property in Italy?

The vilamoura property in Portugal does not have ROFR.

17. Remy

Remy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
    Valdoro has ROFR through the developer rather than HGVC. Not exercised in modern history, but the formality in the purchase process is there. It is not 100% HGVC. It is possible for the board to disassociate.

18. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Can you tell me a bit more on the requalify on MarBrisa? Would that be for any resale purchase?