• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Resell

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some good news!

I've just received the estoppel on my offer for Elara 1br Platinum Annual 4,800 pts for $2,000. Turns out that HGVC had waived the ROFR 2 days after I signed the offer.

The estoppel stated that it's for a Float Platinum 1BR and full point balances of 4,800 is available in 2019 and 2020. I guess it's clear that this is not one of the Westgate unit which I worried about...

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Some good news!

I've just received the estoppel on my offer for Elara 1br Platinum Annual 4,800 pts for $2,000. Turns out that HGVC had waived the ROFR 2 days after I signed the offer.

The estoppel stated that it's for a Float Platinum 1BR and full point balances of 4,800 is available in 2019 and 2020. I guess it's clear that this is not one of the Westgate unit which I worried about...

Congrats! That was fast. I wonder if they really aren’t excerising ROFR on Elara right now. That’s a great price point!

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Here’s an excerpt from our estoppel. We purchased 5000 annual points at the ELARA for $1,000. Sorry for the delay.

IMG_2175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww... I paid double of what you paid for less points...

5000pts at Elara is Gold Season 1BR Grand. You are paying slightly lower MF's, you got a great deal. You paid $0.42 per point for a Platinum unit, and it passed ROFR! Be happy :)

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
5000pts at Elara is Gold Season 1BR Grand. You are paying slightly lower MF's, you got a great deal. You paid $0.42 per point for a Platinum unit, and it passed ROFR! Be happy :)
Looking at the Estoppel, I'm confused. Same maintenance fee cost. 5000 points for gold, 4800 for platinum. Differences are room level, 1 br grand vs 1 br.

Does it mean that a 1BR grand Gold is better than a 1 BR Platinum?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Looking at the Estoppel, I'm confused. Same maintenance fee cost. 5000 points for gold, 4800 for platinum. Differences are room level, 1 br grand vs 1 br.

Does it mean that a 1BR grand Gold is better than a 1 BR Platinum?

Elara probably has the most complex unit size structure, 2 levels of studios/4br (Std, Plus), and 4 levels of 1/2/3 br (Std, Plus, Grand, Grand Plus). HGVC assigns points based on season AND unit levels, so a lower season (Gold) in a higher unit level (Grand) may get more points than a higher season (Platinum) in a lower unit level (Plus). The maint fee is the same for all in the unit type. That is what you are seeing here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
So a regular 1BR has the same MF as a 1BR Grand or 1BR Plus? If that's the case then yeah, the Gold Season 1BR Grand is better as you get 200 additional points for the same MF. I thought MF was dependent on room type..but I guess 1BR is 1BR, no matter the size, view, floor number, etc.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So a regular 1BR has the same MF as a 1BR Grand or 1BR Plus? If that's the case then yeah, the Gold Season 1BR Grand is better as you get 200 additional points for the same MF. I thought MF was dependent on room type..but I guess 1BR is 1BR, no matter the size, view, floor number, etc.

Correct. All that matters for the MFs is the room type (1BR, 2BR, etc.). The Season (Gold, Platinum) and Level (Std, Plus, etc.) don't factor into the MFs. However, as you saw, these latter do factor into the number of points received.

If one is planning to use these units for points (rather than booking Home Week reservations, where Season and specific level designation do matter), then the most points within a given unit type (size) is the best deal in terms of MF/point.

Cheers.

tdietvorst

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays everybody. I just want to say how impressed I am with all the excellent responses and all the help you give people who ask questions. I've been a member of TUG for a couple of years and just marvel at the level of effort people put out. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

eabishop2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
HGVC Elara, Las Vegas

Yes this is true. My 1BR Grand Plus platinum is worth 7800 points but the maintenayfees are the same $888. Of course the buy-in was significantly more.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I did not realize that all 1 BRs at Elara were exactly the same price in MF regardless if they are Jr 1 BR, Jr 1 BR PLUS, 1 BR Grand or 1 BR Grand PLUS units.

In that case it would always be advisable to find a 1 BR Grand Plus if possible, even tilting toward gold season, but preferably Platinum. That would be better than buying Jr 1 BR in platinum.

Wow, learn something new.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not realize that all 1 BRs at Elara were exactly the same price in MF regardless if they are Jr 1 BR, Jr 1 BR PLUS, 1 BR Grand or 1 BR Grand PLUS units.

In that case it would always be advisable to find a 1 BR Grand Plus if possible, even tilting toward gold season, but preferably Platinum. That would be better than buying Jr 1 BR in platinum.

Wow, learn something new.

This is one unequivocal case where the size of ones unit matters.

Cheers.