TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Hgvc orlando and Disney

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Scrapper, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Scrapper

Scrapper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    None yet
    I am reserching HGVC for a future purchase. One hundred percent sure I am buying and would like to by in Orlando because it is somewhere we visit often. I have been reading alot of posts and many talk about a block that rci has with getting a disney property if your timeshare is in Orlando. But some posts have said that this does not apply to HGVC properties. Can anyone tell me for sure one way or the other?

2. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

RCI _ DVC EXCHANGE
    Urgent Information

RCI Fee
    (+)
    • weekly usage fee is 190.00 U.S. dollars.
      • Mandatory due at check-in At DVC resort
    • Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 18.
    • No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.

• CALL DVC MEMBER SERVICES AT 800-800-9800 NO SOONER THAN 72 HOURS AFTER CONFIRMING AND NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO ADD ALL GUEST NAMES, ALL NAMES MUST BE ADDED IN ADVANCE. Addition of dining plans requires full payment upfront, reservation must occur no less than 48 hours in advance to add dining plan. Disney's Magical Express requires RSVP to 800-800-9800 48 hours prior to arrival and includes shuttle/bag service from/to airport.
    • mandatory resort fee charged at check-in. Fee includes but is not limited to services such as assistance with dining reservations, Disney’s Magical Express reservations and purchasing theme park tickets through DVC member services toll free number 800-800-9800.
    Policy Restrictions: (please read)
    • There is an area ownership restriction at this resort. If you made this reservation using points from an Orlando ownership or a resort within 30 miles of Disneyworld resorts in Orlando, it will be cancelled and you will be notified about rebooking a non-Disney property.

3. jestme

jestme Guest

First off, if you are buying HGVC in Orlando, why would you need to use RCI for an exchnge into Disney?
    Secondly, when HGVC does an RCI exchange into anywhere, it uses points from a pool which you would have to have contributed to. That pool has points from Orlando, Las Vegas, and every other HGVC resort worldwide. RCI cannot tell where the exchange points are coming from, just that they are coming from HGVC. HGVC has one exchange account, not each owner. HGVC could exchange a set of Las Vegas points in place of your Orlando deposit and RCI wouldn't know.
    Having said that, if for some reason you did want to exchange from HGVC through RCI into Disney, and then loudly and proudly announced at check-in to Disney that you own a timeshare in Orlando, there might be repercussions, but I'm not sure.

4. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
    There is no problem owning an Orlando HGVC and exchanging into Disney, since owners use the HGVC corporate account instead of an individual account. This has been discussed and confirmed a few times here, so you will be able to exchange into Disney w/o restrictions.

Staying at on of the HGVC properties in Orlando would be less expensive than exchanging into Disney, plus it is rare to get anything but a 1BR at Sarasota Springs exchanging through RCI. You may want to consider that if exchanging into Disney is your main reason you want to buy HGVC.

Kurt

5. brp

brp TUG Member

May want to look at buying DVC directly...

Cheers.

6. Scrapper

Scrapper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    None yet
    Great info. Thanks. No that is not the main reason I want HGVC. I just thought it might be nice to have the option for when my daughter graduates. I attended a HGVC presentation at Tuscany resort and loved it. The flexability and the Hilton named sold me. My Hubby would not let me buy from them saying I needed to look at resales and do research before making a choice. He was right. I am learning so very much on this site to help me make the best choice ever. Thanks

Panina likes this.
  7. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

Perhaps more importantly: DVC is currently only depositing 1BRs, and almost exclusively at Saratoga Springs. If you need a 2BR, or want a different resort, an exchange is unlikely to be the way to go.

8. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Plus I think DVC charges an additional fee for exchangers on top of the RCI exchange fee.
    And I believe they also instituted a $20/day parking fee now (or something) for the timeshare exchangers (actually *all* DVC resorts have a fee now, but it varies depending on the level).

9. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Just to clarify there is a parking fee and the fee varies depending on which Disney level resort you stay at. DVC resorts are always deluxe which has the highest parking fee. The moderate and value disney resorts has lower parking fees.

10. brp

brp TUG Member

And just to clarify further (for the sake of completeness) - DVC members are exempt from the parking fee when staying on their points.

I knew that they were going to add a parking fee, but hadn't realized that it had happened already.

Cheers.

11. MikeinSoCal

MikeinSoCal TUG Member

Disney Vacation Club Members
    Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

12. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

True, DVC members dont pay the parking fee. There have however been some uncertainty if exchangers would need to pay the parking fee or not. Until anyone can confirm either way we wont know.