TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

HGVC Lame Reservation email Format

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by DazedandConfused, Mar 26, 2018.

1. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Guest

Does anyone think it is strange how HGVC sends members an email verification of a new reservation.

It looks so BAD, I thought it was spam as there are not identifying features.

The reservation is just a number, there is no fancy header or even the word Hilton in the body of the text.

Just strange, lazy, and stupid

At least DVC and Disney really knows how to send a beautiful email confirmation.

-------------------------

Title = Reservation Confirmation #35xxxxxxxx

From = input@hgvc.com

Attachment = same numbers as reservation in a PDF file

Body of email = in bold text

Thank you for your recent reservation. A document confirming your reservation details is attached. Please print out this confirmation and present at check-in, along with proper identification.

We look forward to welcoming you to one of our spectacular destinations and hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation.

You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view this attachment. To download the most recent version of Acrobat reader, click here. If you need driving directions go to www.mapquest.com.

Notice of Confidentiality: This message and any attachments may contain confidential information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete this message.

2. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

It’s been a few months since my last reservation, but the confirmation I got was a pdf file attached to an email.

The pdf contained header etc. I don’t know if this has changed but but my pdf looked pro enough.

3. jestme

jestme Guest

Actually, I wish they would put the location and date of the reservation in the topic of the email so you could identify it better. The reservation number is of no value to me at all. I often have multiple reservations and having to open them all to read the PDF to find the one you are looking for is a pain.

4. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    A few months ago, I made five separate HGVC reservations.
    I saved the confirmations to a folder labelled "HGVC."

Later, I made a few changes. I got 8 email confirmations.
    Looking at my "HGVC" folder, I can't tell what's for where.
    For clarity, I created separate subfolders for each destination.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  5. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Guest

I just looked at the email of a checkout folio of charges AFTER a HGVC vacation and it is very professional with graphics, etc.

Sender = Hilton Grand Vacations
    Title = Guest Folio + room number +++ reservation number + name
    Body of text = very detailed accounting and graphics

6. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

I like the reference to Mapquest. Lol. What is it 1996?

DazedandConfused likes this.
  7. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    Doesn't seem that anyone has made clear that your confirmation is the ATTACHMENT to the email. Not the email.

DeniseM likes this.
  8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

If you track your confirmations by the confirmation number, it is easy to keep them organized.

9. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    It's easy enuff to print/save the PDF's, Captain Obvious, but...
    What we're dealing with is sorting thru the emails to get there.
    I track travel by destination+dates, not by confirmation numbers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    DazedandConfused and hurnik like this.
  10. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    I rename the PDF attachments when saving them from the confirmation emails, which I agree are useless and could easily be changed to include the date and resort name. Has anyone suggested it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Guest

I do the same thing, BUT my complaint it how hard is it to make these email appear to be more legit and not spam like the Disney reservations.

This seems like a super easy thing to correct, especially the MapQuest reference (hahahahahha) should be Google Maps.

My complaint is the generic format of the email and file attachments look like spam to me as I get a ton of email these days. To make matters worse, the payment folio email upon checkout looks great and they should simply copy that format.

Is is if they just don't care.......

mtm65 likes this.