• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Exit Options

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We should add this to a sticky if not already posted:

HGVC Exit Options:

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...l&utm_source=arda-landingpg&utm_campaign=arda

Resale FAQs:

https://d1m2ucn09z2f8d.cloudfront.n...-f0ba-44c6-b629-d709a2d32fe1/Resales-FAQs.pdf

If no help, ARDA claims they can help:

https://responsibleexit.com/

ARDA also claims that there is a "Dissolution Policy" in the HOA docs of every major developer and some have "Hardship Policies." so those who wish to exit can pursue this avenue. I would like to see the "Dissolution Policy" for HGVC HOAs. (Let's see if ARDA is moving their lips like a sales rep or whether there is beef here.)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It does have me curious on one item.

from my experience (in dealing with tuggers)...HGVC ownerships are not terribly difficult to sell or at the very worst give away. I dont pretend to assume that there arent "worthless" HGVC weeks/ownerships out there...but what is the % of those do you all think?

I guess my point is that by and large, would the average HGVC owner really have trouble exiting their ownership (even if they had to offer it up for free?)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Good point @TUGBrian. My properties have resale value (although much less than developer prices) and I could sell them. We also got a fair offer for our NYC W57 from HGVC to buy back, but decided to hold.

I will look to others to comment on 3,500 point and below properties in over-built locations and the ability to sell or give them away as I have no experience with this.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They might have trouble exiting if they own one of the few bronze or silver weeks that are out there. There is no market and I doubt even HGVC wants these weeks. Even gold weeks might sit longer for sale than a platinum week.

They also might have an issue if they price something too high. Nobody would be interested. Price too low and HGVC will be the only winner.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well i guess what i mean is that even if i have a 3500 silver week...could i offer it up for $1 and actually have a shot at finding a buyer?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I see a bunch of silver 3500 silver weeks on Ebay that sold for $1 - $25 plus closing fees.

Perhaps a look at the TUG bargain basement for HGVC would help identify the give-away success rate.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I think the key to being able to give away the low point contract would be the underlying resort. If it is someplace one would want to visit often that helps the cause. If one is looking strictly at points to use then the points won’t get you much.

The most difficult contract to get rid of would be anything below 3400 points. That would be 1100, 1600, 2200, and 2400 point contracts.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I never had a problem buying or selling 5000 point gold weeks. I don't usually hold on to a timeshare for more than 10 years so the 7000 point weeks are not worth the premium price to me.
I would never buy a silver week unless it was the exact resort and season I wanted to use.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
well i guess what i mean is that even if i have a 3500 silver week...could i offer it up for $1 and actually have a shot at finding a buyer?
My opinion is you can as from my experience there is a market for free 3400-3500 point weeks.

My first hgvc week was a 3400 point week that I got for free at Hgvc Miami Beach listed on the bargan section on tug. I have since given it away on the tug marketplace. I got it to learn the system plus I thought I would use home advantage half the time. It was a gold week, there are no silver at the resort.

I also acquired a 3500 point silver week for free from another tugger. It was for hgvc Surf Club on Marco Island, week 50, a week I will use most of the time.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
I think the big difficulty is for those that purchase a small contract that they finance and later realize they can’t afford. As we all know, if it isn’t paid off, you’ll never get rid of it, even for free!

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
From a reseller/liquidator's point a view, I haven't seen any Hilton that couldn't at least be given away. Studio units in silver season are pretty difficult to find someone for but I haven't had one that I wasn't able to at least give away.

If Hilton didn't charge more than $1,000 in transfer fees now it would be a bit easier.