TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

HGVC Carlsbad locations Which do you recomend?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by gunner13734, Oct 8, 2018.

1. gunner13734

gunner13734 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Seaworld
    I am planning a trip to San Diego next year and plan on staying at 1 of the 3 Carlsbad locations. I am traveling with my parents, wife, and 11 year old son. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom unit.
    It looks like there are 3 resorts:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    Grand Pacific Palisades
    HGVC Marbrisa

Any thoughts or recommendations on which to choose? or any I should avoid? Thank You!

2. Seagila

Seagila TUG Member

3. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Marbrisa if you plan on going to Lego land. Also marbrisa is closest to hgvc standards.

Grand pacific palisades is also close to legoland but you have to cross a busy street and resort is nice but not as nice as marbrisa for amenities such as pool.

Seapointe is closest to ocean.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    I would rate them:
    1 Marbrisa phase 2. ( Proximity to Super Pool and LL)
    2 Seapointe. (Proximity to beach and Coaster station)
    3 Marbrisa phase 1. ( Older pool some units above road, some below)
    4 Palisades ( Never stayed here but took a tour, older pool)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Seapointe is my favorite. Across the street from the ocean and lots of on site activities. However, no food close by and no convenience store on site. There are separate adult and family pool areas.

Marbrisa is very spread out. It has a Sheraton Hotel in the middle of it which has a restaurant.

Grand Pacific Palisades has separate family and adult only pool areas. It's very lively and the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it is loud running around children.

Since you'll have an 11 year old, I would suggest Marbrisa so that he doesn't feel left out by not being allowed to access the adult only pool areas at the other 2 resorts. While the family pools are fun, if he is mature for his age, he may not like being around the running around loud kids.

klpca likes this.
  6. GTLINZ

GTLINZ TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, HRC
    We stayed close by a few years ago at Villa LaBerge (RCI trade) and I checked them all out. I have not stayed yet at any of them, but this was my impression (random order):
    1) Seapointe - right across from the beach, best location, the coaster train runs right behind it. Villa LaBerge did not have A/C and we were there in Sept when it was warm so the windows were open - and it sounded like the train was in our room while they blasted the horn each time they came thru. Somebody who was stayed at SeaPointe could comment on the noise - I just think our situation was a bad combination. The rooms were fine - but not as nice as Marbrisa.
    2) Palisades - not as far as Marbrisa, you could get somewhat of a view with a plus room. Again, the rooms were fine - but not as nice as Marbrisa.
    3) Marbisa - very nice property, far enough away any view was a glimpse. Very beautiful property and next to LegoLand.

So it really depends on what you want. I personally would try SeaPointe since it is the best location, but I would poll our good fellow tuggers about the noise issue before I made a decision.

7. RX8

RX8 TUG Member

I’ve stayed at Marbrisa (before the new phase) and Grand Pacific Palisades(GPP). I have owned at GPP since 2012 with an option of 8400 HGVC Points.

Ever since I have owned GPP we have only stayed there. For kids (I have two boys) it is just about perfect. Lots of activities, their own pool and splash area and Legoland a short walk away. We will once again be back to GPP in 2019. That makes it every year of ownership, 7 years total, of choosing GPP over HGVC Points. As our boys are getting older we will do something with our HGVC Points eventually, maybe 2020. Until then, we will continue to enjoy GPP.

Edited to add - when I first purchased the rooms were dated. However, it has been refurbished twice since then. Most recently with added wood like flooring and stainless steel appliances. The beds have always been top notch, very comfortable.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. Ianneyan

Ianneyan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC LV Blvd, HGVC LV Paradise, Vistana WKV
    If proximity to Legoland matters, I would recommend Marbrisa’s new phase, near Captain’s Cove. My family and friends stayed there over Labor Day weekend and had a great time. Beautiful property!