TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

HGV Ocean Oak recommendations

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by rebel94, May 22, 2018.

1. rebel94

rebel94 TUG Member

We have a reservation at Ocean Oak at the end of August. It is a Ocean Front unit. What are the best units? End or higher units? North or south end? Is it better to get lower level end than an upper level middle? Also what are good places to eat? Thanks

2. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I am going for an top floor corner unit. I asked for 1611, corner unit away from construction.

3. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    For ocean view units, are there units away from the construction, or do they all face the construction? We will be there in July.

Kurt

4. rebel94

rebel94 TUG Member

Not sure. What I think is the new construction is behind and off to one side. But not sure if it on the north or south side?

5. rebel94

rebel94 TUG Member

My question is what is better if I can't get an upper end unit? Would it be a lower end or upper middle?

6. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    It looks like a parking garage view on the north side for the lower OV units.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    All of the rooms face outward. There is just a an outside/covered hallway on the inside.

There are 3 room types for Ocean Oaks, OF, OV and regular. If you have an OV room, that will be on the top floor facing the center area (also construction). The pic which Dave uploaded doesn't show the construction, but it should be where the dirt looking area is. It will be an L-shaped building connecting to main check-in building (right under where it says Ocean (for Ocean Oak ...). The regular rooms are just below top floor. The OF rooms are on the end cap building directly facing the ocean{grassy area next to pool} (4 across, floors 1-6).

It depends what you like. Last time I was on 5 floor center. I am asking for upper floors end, this time. This is because I like upper floors and like the corner unit because the glass on balcony raps around the corner.

Now, the 1 floor units due have a much larger balcony but I don't think much of a view either.

btw, the pictures in our sticky (https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...t-affiliated-information.254931/#post-1997600) I think shows this much better. Phase I is what is completed and Phase II is the new construction.

8. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    Thanks, GT. So the rooms only face outward on the L-shaped building, correct? (no rooms across from each other) I need to check if I have an ocean view or standard, but either way it looks like I am facing the construction. No biggie, as we don't tend to spend many daylight hours in our room anyway.

Kurt

9. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Yes, both of the OV and regular rooms face the center courtyard. If you have a regular room, then request an upper floor such as 4 or 5 (like 1406/7 or 1506/7) and you will still have a fairly nice view of ocean.

PigsDad likes this.
  10. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    2154628E-7BC7-4A96-B481-AA7BDB7A10F7.jpeg Here is the view from 1504. This room is on the fifth floor directly across from the end of the construction. There wasn’t any activity on the construction site yesterday. I will check later today (this is our second room. I am in the OF room. ). Someone did post a picture from room 1601 on FB. That did look bad.

Update: Construction activities did start back up this morning. I will provide a further update once the crew from the other room shows up for breakfast. I don’t hear any activity from the OF room, but I am the farthest room from the activity.

Further update: The crew from the other room stated that they did hear something around 8 am but it didn’t bother them.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    PigsDad likes this.
  11. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    B3205F82-8A29-40FB-AA42-1DACCC806E55.jpeg
    View from the beach.