• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helping my aunt selling her timeshare at Grandview

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Called RCI. She has week point program that are able to do with TPUs.

Now that we know you will be dealing with a traditional RCI membership and working with TPUs that makes it a totally different animal. You won't have the 49,000 RCI Points currency but rather a fluctuating assigned TPU that can vary based on timing of the deposit and the demand of the week deposited. Because Vegas has so much supply the amount of TPUs you would receive may not be to your liking. Hopefully someone with a similar week can post what to expect with TPUs.

As silentg posts Grandview does offer internal exchanges which might work best for you since it would be cheaper than RCI. Before signing the deed I would suggest taking this slow to make sure you understand exactly what you are getting and how you can use it. Buying a timeshare (or getting one for free) is very easy. Getting rid of a timeshare that has little to negative value is not so easy.

wdinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, who is the owner as listed on the actual deed? If it was only the husband, then his wife can refuse to accept the transfer and simply give up the TS - this might be the best solution is she is really not capable of handling all the issues. Just something to consider.

BeeE

Reaction score
I'm curious, who is the owner as listed on the actual deed? If it was only the husband, then his wife can refuse to accept the transfer and simply give up the TS - this might be the best solution is she is really not capable of handling all the issues. Just something to consider.

Both of their names are on the deed. She already hired a lawyer help to remove her husband out of the deed. Then, later we can do transfer to under our name.

JAM31

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand view las vegas
Grandview will take a deed back for a $500. fee as long as there is nothing owing and the MF are up to date.
Klynn, I have been trying to deed back my timeshare as well and haven’t had any luck. Can you please share your knowledge about the process with me as well?. I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Klynn, I have been trying to deed back my timeshare as well and haven’t had any luck. Can you please share your knowledge about the process with me as well?. I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!

I deeded mine back this year. It was an easy process. To inquire if the deed back program is still in effect, contact Dumas Gabbriellini at dumasg@vacationvillageresorts.com