• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with US domestic flight routes

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
I'm looking for some local knowledge as trying to search online is giving me a headache!

We're currently booked in for two weeks at Marriott's Grande Vista in Orlando next August. We haven't booked out flights yet.

My wife is keen to maximise our time whilst in the US (we'll be flying Virgin Upper Class so it'll be expensive) and she's wanted to spend some time on a ranch. I'm keen on returning to Yellowstone and seeing more of the park, last time we didn't have enough time to do the Northern loop, and it would appear that there are plenty of ranches around that area.

Ideally I would like to be able to fly direct from Orlando to one of the Yellowstone areas and then fly direct from there to either Orlando, Atlanta, New York, Las Vegas or San Francisco as those are all Virgin routes (not interested in their partner Delta).

So far, although I haven't exhausted all routes, I'm struggling to find direct flights to the Yellowstone area from Orlando and then direct flights out (other than Jackson Hole).

Is this doable without a number of flight changes?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only major carrier with long haul equipment into any airport within a couple hundred miles of Yellowstone is going to be Delta through their western hub at Salt Lake City. Otherwise it's going to be multiple plane changes.

Jim

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I would consider Las Vegas, you can get direct flights on Southwest from Orlando. Then rent a car in Vegas and do a driving tour of the west, there are lots of parks and probably some dude ranches within easy driving distance. Here is a driving trip from Vegas that is on my bucket list.

http://www.dangerous-business.com/2017/02/10-day-american-southwest-road-trip-itinerary/

You could also hop a flight from Vegas up to Yellowstone. A timeshare near West Yellowstone is Timber Island. You could fly in to Bozeman, Idaho.

http://www.timbersatislandpark.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, it's almost 500 miles from Vegas to Y'stone. And Southwest flights to the West are basically milk runs. 3-4 stops from the East Coast are not uncommon. Flights from Vegas to Id.Falls, Jackson, WY, W. Yellowstone or Bozeman (it's in Montana, not Idaho) all go through either SLC or Denver and operate either turboprops or CRJ's.

Jim

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Jim,

I checked directs from Orlando on Kayak, Southwest and Frontier have them.

You are correct, from LAS to Bozeman would be a connect in SLC.

8d30ad9de6fd2ecff4b8388e404fd830.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might consider flying into San Francisco and going to Yosemite Natl Park. It would be a good alternative to yellowstone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
You might consider flying into San Francisco and going to Yosemite Natl Park. It would be a good alternative to yellowstone

Thankyou but we've been to Yosemite and in my opinion it doesn't have a patch on Yellowstone, I'm fascinated by the thermal and volcanic side of things.

It looks like it's as much hassle as I thought it would be plus with two kids in tow isn't my idea of fun so thanks for everyone's advice.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
When we flew from NY we did a stopover in Denver I think it was and then to Bozeman. Then drove the 2 hours to West Yellowstone.

Yellowstone was our best vacation ever.