• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with selling ski week on ebay.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I own [a timeshare week]. It has come time to sell it. It is listed in the Marketplace and I'm considering putting it on ebay as well. I'm looking for someone who has sold via ebay before to get an idea of Do's and Dont's outside of what I've read on the website. Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

[Specifics in this and subsequent posts edited out to prevent this from being an ad, which as a registered user since 2006, you know is prohibited in the discussion forums.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Sorry I can’t be more helpful, I have never sold on eBay. But why not try Redweek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are you wanting to get? I checked the TUG Marketplace and didn't see it listed (not the easiest site to navigate for listings).

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are you wanting to get? I checked the TUG Marketplace and didn't see it listed (not the easiest site to navigate for listings).

[Specifics removed. This is not the place to advertise.]

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t be more helpful, I have never sold on eBay. But why not try Redweek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never considered Red Week really, but I'm open to it. Have you gone through that website before?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Given that your Marketplace ad has a price of $10,500, eBay is not the venue to fetch prices like that. People use eBay when the price doesn't matter to them and/or they are desperate. You're probably not going to have TUG takers either because there is another 3 bedroom holiday week for sale on TUG for $6600 less than yours. Their 3 bedroom unit is the Penthouse layout.

For the price you are asking, RedWeek would serve you better. However, you would still have the most expensive listing for [that resort]. You might take a look at what you would accept depending on how quickly you hope to unload it.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your asking price of $10k seems really optimistic even if it is [as described]. What you have working against you is that it [isn't as desirable as others in the area]. Even [another specific resort] which is a bit newer built by same developer and is somewhat ski in/out goes for around $10k or less resale for 2BR floating ski week. It’s all about location.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Given that your Marketplace ad has a price of $10,500, eBay is not the venue to fetch prices like that. People use eBay when the price doesn't matter to them and/or they are desperate. You're probably not going to have TUG takers either because there is another 3 bedroom holiday week for sale on TUG for $6600 less than yours. Their 3 bedroom unit is the Penthouse layout.

For the price you are asking, RedWeek would serve you better. However, you would still have the most expensive listing for [that resort]. You might take a look at what you would accept depending on how quickly you hope to unload it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'd think Christmas week would be more of an appeal than Presidents Weekend, but I may be wrong.

dryden

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your asking price of $10k seems really optimistic even if it is [as described]. What you have working against you is that it [isn't as desirable as others in the area]. Even [another specific resort] which is a bit newer built by same developer and is somewhat ski in/out goes for around $10k or less resale for 2BR floating ski week. It’s all about location.
True. Thank you for your reply.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'd think Christmas week would be more of an appeal than Presidents Weekend, but I may be wrong.
Weather patterns seem to have shifted for snow (in the west at least.) 30 years ago our family would routinely book ski vacations for Thanksgiving and almost always have snow. Now you're lucky to have good base by late Dec./early Jan. Most snow now seems to fall from Jan-Mar with most resorts having plenty snow left through late May and early June.

I have not seen great snow conditions for Christmas in awhile, and would be wary booking a week long vacation with family in late Dec.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The positive note for Christmas week is all school systems/districts have that week off. So many systems/districts have done away with Presidents' week.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you are selling but back when I was unloading my Weeks I found that the way to get it done was to slightly undercut the lowest price being offered. My motive was to get my Week sold as fast as possible, not to maximize what I could get for it...

George