• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Rescission finalized, got full refund on time. Well that's nice, but I'm still scratching my head about these Diamond Points. What is the real value?
The value is in their usage, not in what they can be resold for. That probably applies to about 90% of all timeshares. Buy for the vacations you can have, not for the ability to resell.

Mark_I

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
I see. Well, I still seek a way to get out of the house more, and everybody loves a bargain, so what should path should I pursue?

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see. Well, I still seek a way to get out of the house more, and everybody loves a bargain, so what should path should I pursue?

There's always the option of renting from current owners. Oftentimes rentals could be found for less than the MFs. Have you checked out TUG's Last Minute Rental section? If you can wait until no more than 45 days away from your intended travel date, you can post a free ad asking to rent a timeshare for less than $100/night.

Renting also allows you to "try before you buy" to make sure that timeshares are right for you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
rentals are an outstanding way to get into timesharing to see if its right for you without any commitment!

Mark_I

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI
That sounds like an excellent place to start! Now I have some idea how to proceed, thanks!

JS_7

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping I could get some advice on this topic. Specifically, was wondering what information I would need to include in the "written notice" in order to successfully cancel (I'm currently within my cancellation period), and also what format to use (typed and signed, handwritten, etc.) Anyone who has had success (Mark_I or others?), would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

JS_7

Reaction score
Thank you! That link was very helpful. A couple last questions (and this may be me overthinking, so I apologize in advance):

1) Does a typed letter, signed at the bottom suffice? (Or is it better to be hand written?)

2) This is for the DRI Sampler Package (rather than a permanent package), but I'm assuming same format for the letter would apply?

DanZale2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Does a typed letter, signed at the bottom suffice? (Or is it better to be hand written?)

2) This is for the DRI Sampler Package (rather than a permanent package), but I'm assuming same format for the letter would apply?

1) It doesn't matter weather the letter is typed or hand written.

2) In most cases the sampler cannot be cancelled. A sampler bought in Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona, Missouri cannot; if bought in California, it can be cancelled. I don't know about other states. You should check your paperwork.

Last edited:

Talya

Reaction score
1) It doesn't matter weather the letter is typed or hand written.

2) In most cases the sampler cannot be cancelled. A sampler bought in Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona, Missouri cannot; if bought in California, it can be cancelled. I don't know about other states. You should check your paperwork.

Ah, I just started another thread regarding this. Sorry for the duplication. :confused: Oh well.

Looks like I cannot cancel because I bought the Sampler in Arizona. One question answered. :(

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
We did a recission a year ago at Grand Beach Orlando - just when Apollo bought DRI. We were told that unless we bought more points NOW, we'd lose the Loyalty Level benefits on what we owned prior, due to the sale of Diamond. Read the online sales/purchase agreement (Diamond to Apollo) and did the letter next day Certified/Return Receipt. We also kept the tablet computer we were "gifted"with no problem. The recission feature is a great consumer protection.

Talya

Reaction score
We did a recission a year ago at Grand Beach Orlando - just when Apollo bought DRI. We were told that unless we bought more points NOW, we'd lose the Loyalty Level benefits on what we owned prior, due to the sale of Diamond. Read the online sales/purchase agreement (Diamond to Apollo) and did the letter next day Certified/Return Receipt. We also kept the tablet computer we were "gifted"with no problem. The recission feature is a great consumer protection.

See this thread with stories from others, too: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sampler-just-purchased-in-arizona.261944/

Last edited: