• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help on cancel Wyndham Discovery.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Discovery
Hello everyone, please I would like to know how to cancel the "Wyndham Discovery" test contract, I need the address to send the cancellation letter, my contract was purchased at wyndham bonnet creek, Orlando - Florida, if someone has an example letter, I'd be very gratefull. I live in Argentina. Thanks

Reaction score
You will need to look at your contract to see where to send the paperwork. Every contract has a certain amount of time to cancel it before you cannot cancel it. I hope you can cancel yours before it is too late.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
When did you purchase? As mentioned the address should be in your contract.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Discovery
When did you purchase? As mentioned the address should be in your contract.
I bought it on February 6. then make a complaint to wyndham by mail, they replied that the cancellation period has expired.
The sales person told me that I had to make the first reservation 45 days after signing the contract, in the first few days I registered on myclubwyndham.com and I wanted to try to book, but only some hotels showed up, finding out on the internet I discovered that the discovery program only has some available hotels, this had not been told to me and in the talk I had specifically requested hotels in South America, so I am fried :(
I have read the contract and can not find any address for cancellation, nor any part referring to the cancellation.

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_073707.jpg
    IMG_20190225_073707.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20190225_073713.jpg
    IMG_20190225_073713.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 233
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Discovery
here are some directions

Attachments

• IMG_20190225_073720.jpg
    IMG_20190225_073720.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 294

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The pages you are showing is for financing and an addendum about the Perks program those are not the pages.

In Florida the rescission period is 10 days and it has to be in writing. These are some posts from 2017 which imply that Florida State rescission law does not apply to try it programs like Discovery but if they receive the request within 10 days they will.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...indow-of-wyndham-discovery-membership.260511/

If you bought February 6, you are beyond any rescission period. Living in Argentina, you could just try cancelling the credit card and refusing to pay.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Discovery
These sheets are the only copies that they gave me:

- salepoint owner information sheet, (one page).
- perks by club wyndham membership agreement, (one page).
- your credit report and price you pay for credit, (one page).
- credit score and understanding your credit score, (one page).
- pre authorized auto pay plan set-up form, (one page).
- 30 days interest free certificate. (One page).
- club wyndham discovery statemen of understanding. (One page).
- standard discovery (One page).
- wyndham vacation ownership, where it says "merchant information" and "owner information", and the amount of money delivered. (One page).

If the contract is not among these papers, should I demand that they send a copy?.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe there is a recession allowed for Discovery program. It’s not a timeshare purchase. Rather a prepaid vacation of sorts. That said, you should be able to reserve rooms at most Wyndham properties, not just hotels. Of course, you will need to go off peak and are limited by the number of points you bought.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
I don’t believe there is a recession allowed for Discovery program. It’s not a timeshare purchase. Rather a prepaid vacation of sorts.

I resinded the Discovery Program after I found TUG.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I resinded the Discovery Program after I found TUG.
As discussed before. Some states include try it programs like Discovery programs in their timeshare rescission laws, and some states do not. Although not all Discovery programs include all the rescission info with the contract (in states that don't require it), I have not heard of anyone who sent a letter to rescind Discovery within that states rescission allowance who were denied, even if the state did not require discovery type programs to be eligible. It seems that since some states allow it, Wyndham has traditionally honored it in all states. There are other developers (Diamond being the most notable) that only honors rescission for try it programs in states that require developers to offer rescission for those programs.

The OP is a month from purchase so I don't think it is likely that a rescission/cancellation letter would do anything.