TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Just bought a Wyndham timeshare on Thursday!

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Jennifer Gazaway, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook

Since you paid by credit card, if it were me I would call the credit card company and dispute the charge, explaining that you already sent a rescission letter. I wouldn't wait for Wyndham to act on the letter.

2. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Branson at the Meadows
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    Vacation Villages at Parkway
    You did good by rescinding. I too drank the koolaid almost 10 years ago. I did not know about this site. There are only a couple reasons why you would want developer points. First, is VIP. It's debatable whether the perks are worth it. To the occasional vacationer, I'd say thy were not. If you have large family gathers where you would need multiple rooms, or you want unlimited house keeping credits, additional guest certs, or some of the other perks, it might be worth it to you. The cost of VIP is not worth those perks since I would rarely use them. Supposedly they are eventually going to take away the cancel rebook game that people use to get reservations super cheap point wise. Again, not really worth the extra 70k (or more) and the additional monthly maintenance fees. Second, if you want to go to ClubPass locations (Worldmark resorts). If you want to do that, you would be better off buying a WorldMark contract on eBay. I think eBay is the best bet for the majority of vacationers. If you vacation a one or two times a year and don't need multiple rooms eBay will get you the most bang for your buck. Good job on doing your research so soon after the sale. Not many people think to do that.

3. BigRedNole

BigRedNole TUG Member

I think you did the right thing. I went to one once fully aware I was not buying but to get the free week. Holy moly are they slimy people. I went fully prepared with my purchase agreements, receipts, and everything else. The guy asked how many were there just for the free week. Everyone raised there hand. He then asked how many are buying. No one raised there hand. Went into his spiel and I feel sorry for the uneducated that were there. There were 6 parties. We were the ONLY ones that didn't get suckered in. The ones that did have no way to finance the purchase and no way to afford the MFs. Only one of the groups were at our resort (there were 3 Wyndham's in the area). While having a cocktail at the bar, the one guy came up to me to talk about it. He told me his family bought in. They conned him into 500,000 points for some odd $75,000. I spit up some of my drink and we started talking. He asked why I didn't buy. I told him I rented a 2BR unit for just over $400 for the week. His family paid 2x that for 3 night (Fri - Mon trip).

To make a long story short, they went back the next morning to rescind. First, he couldn't understand how it was about $600/month for the loan and another about $200/month in maintenance fees. He insisted that the 500,000 points were free. I told him he'd be wise to contact a local attorney to make sure he got out of it properly.

4. youngmomo

youngmomo Guest

HELP! Can someone confirm the address to which to send my rescission letter? My Wyndham contract says I have 7 days to rescind, but gives no information on how to do so. It is now the LAST Day of my rescission period, so I am panicking a little. I have the letter mostly written and I am ready to run to the post office to send certified mail, return receipt requested. But I need an address (and any other requirements detailed)!! I see a Las Vegas address within this thread, but my contract says that Wyndham Vacation Resorts is in Orlando (6277 Sea Harbor Drive). I'll send to both addresses if I don't see an answer here quickly. Thank you!!

TUGBrian likes this.
  5. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

Send to both! Send certified mail now! Needs to be postmarked today. If it's to late for USPS then send UPS or FedEx.

youngmomo likes this.
  6. youngmomo

youngmomo Guest

I got the letter postmarked today - by the skin of my teeth! Had to drive 80 mpg to get to the post office before it closed at 1 pm!! Fingers crossed it goes smoothly from here :thumbup:

BDMX2, Karen G and paxsarah like this.
  7. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

You just saved yourself a lot of money. Congratulations!

youngmomo likes this.
  8. MaryBella7

MaryBella7 TUG Member

Resale is definitely a great way to go, but even doing resale, please do your research first. Find out what you want before you buy. There are also poor resale purchases. Learn a lot here and ask a lot of questions and you will do fine.