• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading down to Naples FL in January to Help my Aunt

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
At my neighborhood in Wisconsin there was a large home, over seven thousand square feet. It had an attached nine hundred square foot apartment, an indoor pool, seven bathrooms, etc. started at a million, on the market for years. Would have loved it as we bought a five bedroom home for my daughter and this house would have been a great alternative as we could sell ours and use the apartment all summer. Last year someone put in a bid of $325,000 and got it. So sorry we didn't try that.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
At my neighborhood in Wisconsin there was a large home, over seven thousand square feet. It had an attached nine hundred square foot apartment, an indoor pool, seven bathrooms, etc. started at a million, on the market for years. Would have loved it as we bought a five bedroom home for my daughter and this house would have been a great alternative as we could sell ours and use the apartment all summer. Last year someone put in a bid of $325,000 and got it. So sorry we didn't try that.
Very good point you never know where someone is at in the selling process. I think she’s going to put in an offer. They are asking $234K and she’s going to put a bid in for $170K

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must be very upscale, in view of prices

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Must be very upscale, in view of prices
My Aunt's friend that bought in there told me its because you own the land that is why it's such a high buy in, plus the waterfront units go for more money there. The monthly HOA fees are only $195/a quarter.

I think its too much to pay for a mobile home but she really likes this place and loves that her boat can be right outside her door at the dock and lift that are already on site at this property.

What do think? All of the condo's she looked at had very high HOA monthly fees and she does not want to spend $950+ a month. UGH, I wish I knew the right answer to tell her and guide her correctly on this journey.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The best deal is the one the BUYER decides on. I would REALLY be unhappy if a FRIEND impressed on me,
"THEY really understood the market and KNEW the demand was always HIGH. And personally knew that the construction engineers designed a 25% above generally accepted tolerances, etc".

The more FREE ADVANCE given to you, you realize the real value of free advice is ZERO. It is an opinion. Or gossip. Or wishful thinking. Or a guess. Chose to listen if you want, but verify the info before acting. And that might cost you some MONEY.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
In my neighborhood there were 3 houses for sale all of them were asking $250,00. One house sold for $229,00 in one day. 2nd house had a sale pending but I heard it didn’t pass inspection. 3 rd house is now for Sale by owner sticking to $239,00.
The first house was immaculate and if they wanted to wait they would have got their price.
The other two need work and don’t seem to be many offers.
I think it’s a good idea for your Aunt to check recent sales in the area. Then make an offer based on that. You don’t want her to pay too much. Especially if there are things that need updating.
Silentg

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my neighborhood there were 3 houses for sale all of them were asking $250,00. One house sold for $229,00 in one day. 2nd house had a sale pending but I heard it didn’t pass inspection. 3 rd house is now for Sale by owner sticking to $239,00.
The first house was immaculate and if they wanted to wait they would have got their price.
The other two need work and don’t seem to be many offers.
I think it’s a good idea for your Aunt to check recent sales in the area. Then make an offer based on that. You don’t want her to pay too much. Especially if there are things that need updating.
Silentg

My aunt just got back to me and the realtor copied us both into the sold's in the community that were waterfront that sold in 2016, 2017 and early 2018

SOLDS:

WATERFRONT
$230K sold Feb. 2018 Waterfront with less square footage 963 sq ft
$255K sold Oct. 2017 Waterfront with more square footage 1234 sq ft
$259K sold Dec. 2016 Waterfront with more square footage 1472 sq ft
$212K sold Mar 2015 Waterfront with more square footage 1456 sq ft

NON-WATERFRONT
$135K sold Jan. 2018 NON-Waterfront 960 sq ft
$174,500 sold Nov 2017 NON-Waterfront 1614 sq ft
$145K sold Jan. 2018 NON-Waterfront 1359 sq ft

She's putting in an offer today for $170K

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe friends in a mobile home park in north Naples paid in that range also. I am sure she is paying for the land. Those maintenance fees are very appealing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe friends in a mobile home park in north Naples paid in that range also. I am sure she is paying for the land. Those maintenance fees are very appealing.

That was my thought, was that she was paying for the land and she loves that the monthly HOA fees are only $195/a quarter. There is also 3 for sale in the Riverbend of Naples community that she liked but all of them are in bad shape and would need more than cosmetic help.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The best deal is the one the BUYER decides on. I would REALLY be unhappy if a FRIEND impressed on me,
"THEY really understood the market and KNEW the demand was always HIGH. And personally knew that the construction engineers designed a 25% above generally accepted tolerances, etc".

The more FREE ADVANCE given to you, you realize the real value of free advice is ZERO. It is an opinion. Or gossip. Or wishful thinking. Or a guess. Chose to listen if you want, but verify the info before acting. And that might cost you some MONEY.

I told my aunt that you said the best deal is the one the BUYER decides on. She likes that thought... My aunt is willing to go to $200K but no more for the property and if it does not work out she said she will hold tight as she would like to be down there this season but if not she can wait one more season...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tell her I said not to deny herself something she can afford. No one knows how long they will have good health.
I will tell her that. She knows no matter what she has to be water

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I will tell her that. She knows no matter what she has to be water
Her 200K seems more in line but still a little low for waterfront based on the numbers you posted. .
The 170k probably will turn the sellers off and they won't bother to counteroffer such a low ball offer.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Her 200K seems more in line but still a little low for waterfront based on the numbers you posted. .
The 170k probably will turn the sellers off and they won't bother to counteroffer such a low ball offer.
It will be interesting to see what happens.
I would have suggested go in with 200k best and only offer.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
8DD9AA16-8DF9-443A-80DA-C7A00EE9E955.jpeg
My aunt is having so much fun at her place in Naples. So she sends me this pic and she says she’s off Trifting for the day. She keeps telling me to save like crazy so that I can retire sooner vs later.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
View attachment 9753 My aunt is having so much fun at her place in Naples. So she sends me this pic and she says she’s off Trifting for the day. She keeps telling me to save like crazy so that I can retire sooner vs later.
I want one of those newspapers.

Best premium thrift shop with low prices and high end item finds I have been to is Bargain Basket Thrift Shop, 750 Bald Eagle Dr, Marco Island, FL 34145. Check it out when you go to Marco Island. It is run by a local church that uses the money for charities.

I love the hunt of the find. This trip I came home with an oil painting, from a known artist, framed for $10.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 9753 My aunt is having so much fun at her place in Naples. So she sends me this pic and she says she’s off Trifting for the day. She keeps telling me to save like crazy so that I can retire sooner vs later.
I am on the Facebook page with this group, it is a big group from Bradenton to Marco, open to the public.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Mr. Big Fish in Naples. We always enjoy the food at this restaurant and the chowder is very good.

Mr. Big Fish.jpg

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I missed something - did your aunt's offer of $170 get accepted? So happy to hear she's enjoying herself!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I missed something - did your aunt's offer of $170 get accepted? So happy to hear she's enjoying herself!

Sorry, I posted in another thread and should have posted here... Her offer of $170K got rejected, so she went and bought a condo that we had looked at in a complex called Port of the Islands in Naples, it came with a deeded dock and because the owner really wanted to sell, he accepted her first offer. So she feels that she got a better deal then the complex she was looking at...

She is very happy and now we are trying to furnish it, it came with some furniture included, but some of it was yucky, so she has been replacing here and there...