• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading down to Naples FL in January to Help my Aunt

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year, we had eaten at Captain Marcos Seafood, and it was outstanding. Best tamale I've ever eaten. This year it had closed, and something else had opened there. Does anyone know if they moved to a new location or plan to reopen??

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for breakfast. We are starting our viewingings st the 84 & Country Barn Rd area in Naples.

We loved the Watermark and devoured the chicken appetizer. Thanks

We had the buffet breakfast at Hyatt Coconut Plantation hotel in Bonita Springs. Very good but pricey.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
This has been a great trip, I'm exhausted. We have spent 4 days straight with the realtor, who is a gem and we love him... Narrowed it down to a few communities, and now we wait for one to come on the market.

In one of the communities, a homeowner had his place up for $159, firm and its been for sale for 2 years. Our realtor told us that this guy has passed on multiple offers in the $135K to $140K range (the home on collier county has a market value of $128K) and he feels he will probably own this house till he dies. LOL... It kills me when if you have had your home for sale for that long and every offer comes in lower and now no one shows it because its a waste of time...either take it off the market or lower the price, just because you want a certain amount if that market does not dictate that your not getting it...

We leave in the morning, and I'm hoping we can come back in October or November. I will just need to find a deal on air-fare and lodging..

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which communities did you prefer?

Naples Land Yacht Harbor
Riverbend
Riverwood

and this one surprised me as she wanted to see condo's too, Fiddlers Creek in East Naples --- Hawks Nest Section

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is river wood in estero or a different place?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is river wood in estero or a different place?
Riverwood was in East Naples, it was a very well maintained community and the people were very friendly. She liked that from this location it was a quick drive to downtown. I was chuckling to myself when she told me that because she never likes downtown areas.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Everyone:

My aunt is now interested in Spring Creek Village in Bonita Springs. She found 2 in there that are waterfront and her one girlfriend sold her unit in Palm River because the lot rent doubled year over year for the past few years.

Anyone have any info on this place?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I looked them up. They have one for lease. Maybe your aunt should rent before she buys?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RENT OFFSEASON! Offer a 6-8 month lease pay LESS than a HIGH SEASON rental rate.

Buy over the summer .. redo her brought unit to her dream home. If she DOES NOT like the place in the first 3-4 months living there, look for a different place or EXTEND the lease thru thus upcoming next winter .. verses BUYING anything.

My parents brought a Vero Beach townhouse condo for 1 winter season .. hated being too far from my sister in FL. SOLD that at a LOST .. plus the realtor commission plus the buy & sell closing costs.

Brought a house NEAR my sister in her South Florida town, sister took a new job in TX ... with the new company buying her house from her. Parents SOLD that house after owning it a winter season or two.

I lived in NJ .. NEVER saw either winter escapes they BROUGHT ... and that is why I rather own 10 timeshare weeks in South Florida than worry about vandals, grass mowing, mold, roaches (or that palmetto bug nicely name) and dying neighbors. People on vacations at timeshares are generally healthy, active and enjoying life... at least for that week or two.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Good idea, I thought the same thing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked them up. They have one for lease. Maybe your aunt should rent before she buys?
Thanks, she went down 2 weeks ago with her friend that just bought in there and she tried to line up a rental for November to March of 2019 and was told by the management company that everything was rented for 2019. She did find a couple that would rent it to her for July, August, September and October. But sine her friends are only there from November till April, she passed on that opportunity. She left her name with the management company so hopefully something will pop

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like the idea of buying over the summer as I think she will get a better deal that way

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Perhaps your Aunt can visit her friend and look for a place then?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps your Aunt can visit her friend and look for a place then?
That’s what she’s going to do. She does not feel like she can ask her friend to let her stay there for months on end so she asked her friend if she could come down for the first 3 weeks of January. She wants to score a deal, so I think her being down there will help her decide. Thanks so much

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think she would enjoy herself in a summer rental, two thirds of the people are gone, the weather is not so nice, and most activities have ended. I have beeen to four end of year parties in the last five days. I have never seen a dip in prices over the summer in our community. A house went up for sale across the street and sold the next day just this weekend.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think she would enjoy herself in a summer rental, two thirds of the people are gone, the weather is not so nice, and most activities have ended. I have beeen to four end of year parties in the last five days. I have never seen a dip in prices over the summer in our community. A house went up for sale across the street and sold the next day just this weekend.
I would agree, once she buys, she’s only coming for the November to April season and then she’s back to the Midwest for her summers. She’s having a hard time finding a place to rent as I guess she found out that most of the folks that rent out there units have long time renters already established

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Time will tell, something might be available next year

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Places go up unexpectedly, people become ill and their plans change

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Places go up unexpectedly, people become ill and their plans change
She likes one place in there that’s on the water. It’s been for sale since November of 2017, so about 4 months up and it’s already come down in price. She’s waiting to see if the owner comes down again and then she thinking of putting in an offer. I told her not to be in a rush and wait to see if it comes down a bit more

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
She likes one place in there that’s on the water. It’s been for sale since November of 2017, so about 4 months up and it’s already come down in price. She’s waiting to see if the owner comes down again and then she thinking of putting in an offer. I told her not to be in a rush and wait to see if it comes down a bit more
My suggestion is for her to put the offer in for the price she is thinking of. So many time I have seen someone not put an offer in waiting for it to come down in list price and later finding out it was sold for a price they would have been happy with.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Yes I agree, nothing to lose by making an offer?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My suggestion is for her to put the offer in for the price she is thinking of. So many time I have seen someone not put an offer in waiting for it to come down in list price and later finding out it was sold for a price they would have been happy with.
That is a very good point. I will tell her your comments. Thanks so much