• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used Priority Pass lounges with the membership through Chase Reserve? New one at DEN

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Haven't used it yet, but glad its there if necessary. I'm very happy with that Reserve Card.

brownhaired_girl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to check out the Denver lounge later this month. We don't have a long layover and I'm hoping the lounge/restaurant isn't to busy.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that DEN has United Clubs and not enough demand to overcome not having another lounge.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It worked for us last month in Zagreb.

DW reminds me that we have also used it in Barcelona, Cancun, and a bunch of places in the US.

It has been a very useful benefit.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Sorry, I didn’t check TUG again until this morning. I don’t recall seeing Delta near that lounge, but it could have been there. The Alaska lounges participate, but they weren’t accepting Priority Pass last night due to too many people.

Best regards.

Mike
What's great about the location of the Timberline Steakhouse and Grille is it's right by the escalator on Concourse C, so all you have to do is take the train from A or B. I think Delta is in B, mostly. So it's just down the escalator and a two-minute train ride.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Thanks for the info. Haven't used it yet, but glad its there if necessary. I'm very happy with that Reserve Card.

Yes, I am also very happy with that card. The fee is high but so is the value. (at least to me) I wish we hadn't already paid for GE before we got the card, but we'll use it for renewal.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am also very happy with that card. The fee is high but so is the value. (at least to me) I wish we hadn't already paid for GE before we got the card, but we'll use it for renewal.
Me too... we paid for 2 GEs a couple of weeks before we got the cards.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Me too... we paid for 2 GEs a couple of weeks before we got the cards.
We paid for TSA Precheck about four months before the card was offered. Bummer. But we will be sure to use the card next time.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So Friday afternoon we will be giving Timberline Steakhouse and Grille a try. We plan to arrive at the airport an hour earlier than we usually would, just to try their burgers before our flight to SJC. I may get a philly steak sandwich instead. I am anxious to see if this benefit is as great as it seems it might be.

Speaking of which, is the SJC Priority Pass Lounge near SW gates? We will be there early evening, so we thought we might seek it out upon arrival. Maybe not. I don't know if it would be worth a long walk.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Very interesting. We are "fighting" with the CitiAAdvantage people right now. In July when the annual $450 fee hit our card we decided to go back to a standard fee card. Called immediately, but it took awhile for the credit to hit. Credit was for $375, fine, figured the annual fee was $75 on the regular card. Then this month I get a fee charge of $95. Cliff called this morning and the guy muttered something about pro-rated (which isn't going to sit well with us) and that someone else would send us a letter. They can either give us a full refund of the $450 or we don't mind going elsewhere.
We are in the middle of the exact same experience with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card right now. In September my wife downgraded her Reserve card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but the $450 Reserve annual fee was billed on October 1 anyway. We called immediately and have been getting the runaround for almost two months. The latest is that the fee will be credited on our mid-December statement, but I am afraid they might refund only a pro rated amount from that date forward. (We were previously promised a refund on the mid-November statement, but that never materialized.)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We are in the middle of the exact same experience with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card right now. In September my wife downgraded her Reserve card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but the $450 Reserve annual fee was billed on October 1 anyway. We called immediately and have been getting the runaround for almost two months. The latest is that the fee will be credited on our mid-December statement, but I am afraid they might refund only a pro rated amount from that date forward. (We were previously promised a refund on the mid-November statement, but that never materialized.)

It took them several weeks, but we did get a credit. Not clear we would have if we didn't complain.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It has been hit or miss for me, but since I have the card for other reason that pay off, this is just a bonus perk, that if I use it great, if I don't I will survive.

Some airport the lounge is not in the same terminal I am in, in others i have tried to use but admission is cut off after a certain time ( 5 pm), so they can support the international flight leaving at 7 pm.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have yet to use it. I travelled earlier this month and the lounge was in a gate that was in opposite direction from where I was going and as such, could not try it out. On my return flight, there was not a Priority Pass lounge.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In September my wife downgraded her Reserve card to the Chase Sapphire Preferred, but the $450 Reserve annual fee was billed on October 1 anyway...

My A-F posts 12/1. It'll be on my 12/21 statement with payment due by 1/17.
But my $300 travel credit should post prior to the due date, for a net of only $150.
To me that's worth the card's little perks, for now anyway.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
FYI-the AMEX Hilton Surpass card will start offering 10 free PP lounge visits per year sometime in Jan. But I also have the CSP so will probably drop the Surpass when the AF comes due.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had a chance to use the Priority Pass this past week. We used it at the Denver airport Timberline Steakhouse in concourse C by the Southwest gates. It's amazing. We were able to get soup, hamburgers, soft drinks, and even shared a slice of cheesecake, all for the $28 per person limit. I cannot believe the value of that pass. We paid the server the tip of 20% and were off to our flight in about 45 minutes total time.

We also used the San Jose lounge, which is very convenient between the two terminals. That lounge had wonderful coffee and various breakfast items (our flight was 11 AM). I really loved our recent experiences in the lounges and will seek them out from now on, but the one in DEN is absolutely the best one because it's a restaurant with full service. I hope it doesn't get too busy with all of the knowledgeable credit card holders like us. I can see us getting locked out because it's already too full.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went last night with my wife and two kids. No wait.

Wednesday we have a 83 minute layover in terminal b so have to make it to terminal c and back. Hopefully and early arrival and good gates. But I will hurry to terminal C and place the order so it will be ready by the time my family gets there. Seems there is no limit to the amount of guests one can bring in.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passed through Phoenix airport recently and was shocked that there is only one Priority Pass lounge, and it closes at 3:30! For such a large city with many out of town visitors this seems really poor.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The Hilton AMEX also has a Priority Pass benefit. I’ve signed up for it but haven’t gotten a PP card or other info.

Cheers

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visited last night as well. Went well. We were the last ones to board in Terminal B afterwards but we made it.

Place is willing to prepare some food to go. An app for the plane and desert. Not sure if they would do it more main courses.

I noticed priority pass has a corona bar/restaurant at MIA that gives $30 a passenger. Not the terminal we are flying out of so probably will not visit it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I noticed priority pass has a corona bar/restaurant at MIA that gives $30 a passenger. Not the terminal we are flying out of so probably will not visit it.

I didn't know about Corona Beach House. Thanks for that.
We'll have ~2 hrs to kill at MIA on a layover this Summer.
The benefit is $30 off per person for the passholder + a guest --
"E.g. if a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive US$60 off their bill..."

See: http://www.coronabeachhousemiami.com/

Last edited:

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw some info on Priority Pass on one of my credit cards; none of them have yearly fees over $100 so it's obviously not the card you're talking about here.

I believe it said that you have to PAY about $28 PER VISIT to go into a Priority Pass Club. So I threw it into the trash.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I saw some info on Priority Pass on one of my credit cards; none of them have yearly fees over $100 so it's obviously not the card you're talking about here.

While there are others that offer Priority Pass (and different versions), most here are talking about the Chase Sapphire Reserve (Fee = $450 w/$300 travel credit). Entry with the Chase ard are free for the passholder and guests.

Last edited:

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the PP, but our home airport is ORD, and the lounges are all in Terminal 5 (International), which is a totally separate building from domestic, so we never get to use on the way out. We travel to MCO frequently and always use the lounges there. The kids love the separate room with TV and video games for them, even though it's a little small. The only issue we have is that everyone seems to have discovered this perk, so it tends to get a little crowded. On our trip last month we had a hard time getting a seat.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

I believe it said that you have to PAY about $28 PER VISIT to go into a Priority Pass Club. So I threw it into the trash.

There might be different version of the pass. On the one that comes come Chase Reserve, there is NO fees for usage. Guests are free too.

Perhaps you have a different Level of Priority Club access.