• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harbour Pointe Hilton Head

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have booked Harbour Pointe for next July with DC points. Using our SurfWatch week first before we move.

Do all the buildings have a water view? I'd ideally like to look out over the recently refurbished pool and decking. Understand fabulous sun sets, fireworks on a Tues and dolphins?

Does anyone know if the sofa bed is comfortable?

Thanks

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
oQt1-NEemvxamNr4vDrwPD6S4CdAB44-pYyqSqmNqTi0oxDUXon4iKgNPxrMU37Phf39rAwF6uBMEmfWaWB5dMze6zLbuzr4-OHy7UKX0kB1M1ligyCNhF81oMyVhgG2od3m5_maRnJVpJ2UEWzdEjxXOhYKYUM7VX68GvTLtJjdZnBhb3twD4zZAQMaQ1CbFAUmPXipDY5wn0ZKNVJaV2yFULeGs-WgPgKX7sEzis_pcLio3kiC35EG0HBXg_G62jfggcSUENF7fBnK0_2lj8pamLMzAUzN6hzp7hgBzxxjYfjSxuqUMYuuBemWATZ-N-s7cWiDHalPWDWW1zDL8XIXdcVoro-c7MqULNfF9e23gAknhIZiyDmLLfD7SkkrJfFYfyKN9bVp5hP7S09wcDPYIBxF4nVyfcETuHpsOz1Tjx-_Sj-5Q4QEThIOx7v2VG1Zw4INk356aw8syCfKTi36_aEK0q5cSp3n0uzSJMPYpOvtELdWI7sd6BR6u5QJCZRaf8NguDCBiqjn3U6Abe3nobomKOLamLUq2AFdkSECzgq2FvNsK79G8XPWbQkyZTvyFE71UnOaeT38jdmTu0JOIKxJGQRFAKgIjzw3=w1071-h803-no

We were in Sunset Pointe Marsh, which I think were added after Harbour Point, and had a really good view.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 89

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have booked Harbour Pointe for next July with DC points. Using our SurfWatch week first before we move.

Do all the buildings have a water view? I'd ideally like to look out over the recently refurbished pool and decking. Understand fabulous sun sets, fireworks on a Tues and dolphins?

Does anyone know if the sofa bed is comfortable?

Thanks
The Harbour Pointe has many great views. I can tell you my Heron unit# 312 has a great view of the pool and Broad Creek. So 412, 512 would also. Also the Pelican in 318, 418, 518 have nice views of the Broad Creek and the Shelter cove Marina. All these referenced are also A size and have great views of the fireworks that they do every Tuesday.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Having looked at the map I think I'll request Heron building as no 1 choice then perhaps Pelican but see this building has D units and we'd prefer a larger unit. I guess our no 2 request could be Osprey - a C unit.

How many floors are there? Does the top floor have shade or umbrellas?

I can't wait to sample Harbour Point - such excellent value for money. Few poor room reviews on Trip Advisor but looks updated on the current photos.

Will be a lovely change from the Beach resorts we usually visit (have stayed at Barony and Grande Ocean as well as our owned SurfWatch).

Brits are becoming aware or HHI so be warned - you may be seeing more of us!!

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
The tallest building looks like 5 floors, others are 4 and 3, from looking at old pictures. If you want to private message me your email, I'll send you a link to pictures we took at Harbour Point last year.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
In my opinion, the marsh is the best island-like view.

I agree, the marsh view over on the Broad Creek side of the island is beautiful and a valuable feature for those resorts. I don't know if it can be seen from every unit in those resorts, but the site is well-planned with the common areas taking full advantage. IMO Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe are under-valued by many TUGgers (and maybe by Marriott as well.)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harbour Pointe or SurfWatch for a low key, laid back vacation?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Having looked at the map I think I'll request Heron building as no 1 choice then perhaps Pelican but see this building has D units and we'd prefer a larger unit. I guess our no 2 request could be Osprey - a C unit.

I can't wait to sample Harbour Point - such excellent value for money. Few poor room reviews on Trip Advisor but looks updated on the current photos.

Will be a lovely change from the Beach resorts we usually visit (have stayed at Barony and Grande Ocean as well as our owned SurfWatch).

I would think the odds are high for a D unit in this situation. I'd make the request and hope for the best.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

I'd be happy at either; both are beautiful settings. SW has more onsite activities and amenities if that makes a difference. SW also has 3BR units which HP doesn't.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

SurfWatch, no doubt......for overall experience and amenities.
both are low key & laid back, but SW is far superior at the same time.

That said, I'm staying at Harbour Point in August for several nights because of the
inexpensive requirement of POINTS per night. It's perennially the best deal going for nights at Hilton Head,
the units are just fine & very comfortable,
and the view is superb! The inland waterway is growing on me very quickly. Highly underrated!!!!

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'd ask for a specific unit, you've received a few good ones in the thread. I just sent you a personal message with some other tips to hopefully get you one of the many nice view units. I did forget to say make sure to request a fireworks view because then you can watch the really nice fireworks show they put on while you're on your balcony cocktail in hand if so inclined. Some nice creek view units in Pelican can't see the fireworks because of their orientation

meggleton13

Reaction score
Silly question but what are the differences in A, D, C units etc?

We own here and have never been.. I’m considering an ii trade for August next year. Are there public beaches close by?

meggleton13

Reaction score
I'd ask for a specific unit, you've received a few good ones in the thread. I just sent you a personal message with some other tips to hopefully get you one of the many nice view units. I did forget to say make sure to request a fireworks view because then you can watch the really nice fireworks show they put on while you're on your balcony cocktail in hand if so inclined. Some nice creek view units in Pelican can't see the fireworks because of their orientation
Do they do the fireworks every week? I would appreciate any tips for water views with fireworks view also! Thank you!

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
All the units in Heron have nice views of the pool & Marsh, the higher the floor the better. All Osprey units have good views of the Marsh. Pelican has mixed views, some of the best and also some of the worst depending on room.

meggleton13

Reaction score
When requesting rooms do you call or email the resort? And how far In advance of your reservation? Thank you!

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You call two weeks in advance to the front desk phone number, tell the person that you are calling in to request a high floor unit in the Pelican building like 320, 420, 319, 419; TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE A MULTIPLE MARRIOTT WEEK OWNER AND THAT THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME THERE. This gives you a leg up over non-marriott owners and also marriot owners that have been there before and got a high demand unit. Also, those units are A units and have the most square footage. Go to the Marriott maps for Pelican so that you can see the outline of the buildings in Harbour Pointe and Sunset Pointe is also included. Patrick

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Silly question but what are the differences in A, D, C units etc?

We own here and have never been.. I’m considering an ii trade for August next year. Are there public beaches close by?
A & B are the largest and have a fireplace. Size goes down from A to D, I don't have the square footages handy. C are only in the Osprey (C) building. Heron (check in) only has A & B. Pelican (D) building has A & B on the side facing the water and D along the sides. Trading they'll all trade the same, I wouldn't own a D to use or rent personally. The majority of the exchanges are D unit statistically.

Mrs. H.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
What size rooms are in the Sunset Pointe, Sunset & Marsh?