• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Recommends

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I just got back from spending a week at the Harborside Resort at Atlantis, Bahamas. Here are my recommends while they are still fresh in my head.......

1 Sandra's Taxi/Tour Service 242-525-9532 $105 roundtrip for the 4 of us with suitcases from Nass Airport to Harborside Resort. Delightful family owned and run business. We also used them for supermarket/liquor store shopping and they provided us a 3 hour tour as well. They were always prompt, on time and knew their stuff and treated you like part of their family.

2 Montagu Gardens Restaurant They provide free taxi service, to and from Harborside to their family run restaurant just outside of Atlantis. The fish dinners were fresh and moderately priced, which is a plus for this expensive part of the world. The service was friendly, not rushed and the meals came with wonderfully baked herb breads with a complete meal, salad and veggies and baked potatoes etc. Go to front desk and they will set it up for you, to be picked up. We went on a Saturday Night and saw a live wedding going on, music and dancing and all, it was quite fun.

3 do not go from 9/1 thru most of November, all the casual restaurants were closed, Carmines, Murray's, Virgils, Bimini Road etc. The Lazy River Ride was closed, which really bummed me out. My first visit was in January, much, much better experience as far as moderately priced places to eat.

4 Terrible pizza at Anthony's, good hamburgers and live music at Margaritaville, which is only there about a year now, you can walk to both of them. Ben and Jerry's Icecream in Village nearby was great and reasonably priced. Olives had wonderful pasta, ravioli and meat sauce, pricey but good. The Burger Shack in the village was like eating at a greasy spoon dinner, burgers fried and cheese fries highly spiced, my only stomach upset was eating at that place.

5 Make sure you take the ferry into downtown Nassau, it is only a very short walk from Harborside, it was like $8 roundtrip per person and there is a narrator on the trip, that is very funny, you will enjoy listening to him.

You must check out Athena's Greek Restaurant in downtown Nassau, only a block away from ferry dock. You have to walk through a jewelry store and climb some stairs to the second floor. The store clerk rings a little bell to alert restaurant staff you are coming. Upstairs is the restaurant, cloth table clothes and reasonably priced Greek Food, pitas, salads etc. Nice and Relaxing and Aircondioned dining.

Make sure you visit the Straw Market, a flea market gone wild and the best pina coladas are at the Rum Distillery, nice little tour and then you can taste the rum and buy drinks at reasonable prices, the Rum Cake Bakery was pretty cool as well, you could actually taste the rum unlike Tortugas rum cakes.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
September / October is peak hurricane season - many restaurants are closed because the crowds are light. Ever go over to Arawak Cay for one of the fish fry restaurants? Everyone says how good they are, but we've never made it.

Cdalton04

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the lazy river always closed during that time of year or were they doing something to it?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Were two new restaurants open in Marina Village--one was going in to where Bimini road was located? Curious is renovations were still going on--I know they had a lot of them going on this fall including the Sunday building behind reception building--going for Christmas and hope that building is done as that is where my unit is. I love Montagu Gardens and have used Sandra and her family for years..........

Ownedby3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Myrtle Beach
Lagunarmar
Were two new restaurants open in Marina Village--one was going in to where Bimini road was located? Curious is renovations were still going on--I know they had a lot of them going on this fall including the Sunday building behind reception building--going for Christmas and hope that building is done as that is where my unit is. I love Montagu Gardens and have used Sandra and her family for years..........
I’m here now. building 2 is now under construction. The building facing the pool. Hope that helps!!