• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside advise - leaving Sunday

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are leaving Sunday for Harborside Atlantis :banana:
Any last minute advise. Still looking for someplace that has take out
Turkey dinners. DH likes homecooked (yeah right) Thanksgiving dinners.

Any room I should ask for? We are getting the Deluxe (if that is the smaller Unit). Would like something with a nice view, as large as possible room, and not too far to walk to the water taxi. Is there a pool right at Harborside or is everything at the Atlantis. Not asking for too much right?

Recommendations for reasonable places to eat?

I'm hoping to pack light, just a few bathing suits, coverups, shorts, light jacket, etc. Should be ok right?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
First off don't plan on really cooking much--no oven--just a mircrowave kind of convection thing.
All the units are pretty close together--none more than 5 minutes from main building--if you are in Phase 1 the Sunday building is right next to main/reception building so you should have a good view--the only larger units are corner ones and since there are so few you will be extremely lucky to get one unless whoever you are renting from actually owns that unit.
Water taxi is right across street from the main Harborside entrance.
Make sure to go to Green Parrot across the main road in behind the little strip mall--I understand they will be tearing that whole thing down soon as Kerzner has bought it. We are going in January and hope it is still there--may try to go down with my brother who owns in December and will make it one of my stops if I go then also! Don't be scared off by the cooking in the trailer.
Any other specific questions ask--
Bring little baggies of detergent and dryer sheets if you plan to wash anything/
If a coffee drinker bring Mr. Coffee filters.
Otherwise ENJOY--you will be there during Thanksgiving so it will be crowded Wednesday on so do all your aquavaneture ASAP and then you can be away from the crowds in the Harborside pool!

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
sim chip?

Thanks. Good advise. I didn't realize it doesn't have an oven:annoyed:

Another question. My DH has his own business and "has" to talk to his shop all the time.

What is the best cell phone service / plan / sim chip should we use.

He is not going to want to do calling cards, as he likes to sit on the beach & talk to them.

We have a GSM phone but would need to get a sim chip I would think?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
My Verizon phone from when I first went there worked some without roaming but only out by the Ocean past all the lagoons.
Last time in January of this last year I used my Cingular but it was expensive. I think you can get those "sim"cards for international travel but not being a "techie" don't know much. I do see a lot of folks there on the phone.
You might try going to Travel Advisor site forums on Paradise Island and ask there?
The microwave has some sort of oven feature but it is slow!

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Come use our oven... or just stay & eat with us!

Hello Ownsmany~

Maybe you should send me an e-mail - txvoyager@tx.rr.com

We're going to be down the beach from you at the Paradise Island Beach Club (this is our 2nd Thanksgiving there!). I'm planning on cooking a real turkey! :whoopie: And, you can use our oven or eat with us :hi:

We leave Saturday - in the condo til the 24th, and then move to Comfort Suites until the 27th (so we can enjoy Atlantis - as they have a partnership where we can get the wristbands & charge to our room).

Hope to hear from you!

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Ownsmany~

Maybe you should send me an e-mail - txvoyager@tx.rr.com

We're going to be down the beach from you at the Paradise Island Beach Club (this is our 2nd Thanksgiving there!). I'm planning on cooking a real turkey! :whoopie: And, you can use our oven or eat with us :hi:

We leave Saturday - in the condo til the 24th, and then move to Comfort Suites until the 27th (so we can enjoy Atlantis - as they have a partnership where we can get the wristbands & charge to our room).

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks for the offer. DH will be upset that I'm talking to people I don't know on the internet. My kids can't believe I took them to a "tug" meet & greet, and didn't know anyone before then. We try to teach them not to talk to strangers on the internet. I'm a bad example.

I think we will be missing each other - as you probably won't be at Atlantis till the 24th or 25th right? We stayed at Comfort Suites years ago. Hope it is better now.

Scuba Fletch

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. My DH is kinda conservative that way. I just figure that it's always nice to meet fellow TUGgers when we're on trips. We tell our kids the same thing. My 9-yr. old has autism - and he's very naive.

I thought of another idea - what about cooking the turkey, etc. ahead of time, freezing it, and then warming it up at Harborside? It will stay frozen on the plane - flying at 30,000 feet! It may begin to thaw but it will still be mostly frozen when you get there. Just put it in the fridge to continue thawing... I do this a lot with dishes that I pre-make for trips. Especially Thai food, since I can't get the proper ingredients where we're going.

Hope you get it worked out. Maybe you could also ask the concierge when you get there... Or maybe you could even work out a deal with a local restaurant - have 'em cook your turkey for you?

Let us know if you change your mind. We'll be at the Paradise Island Beach Club Nov. 17-24, then move to Comfort Suites for 3 more nights.

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving~