TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday TUG!

Discussion in 'About the Rest of TUG' started by TUGBrian, Oct 1, 2013.

1. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    Happy Birthday TUG! Knowledge is Power, and I have learned great stuff from TUG since 2005. Wish I had found TUG sooner.

Thanks to all who had the foresight to start this group for us to share our love of vacationing in timeshares. And some of us make a little $$ on the side, too.

2. LynnW

LynnW TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Happy Birthday Tug! I didn't manage to find it until we had made a couple of mistakes but actually they turned out not so bad. Also have met some great people through this site especially on the first Tug cruise.

Lynn

3. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark, Vistana, Disney, Hilton
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUG !! :cheer:

Thanks for the link :)

4. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    Happy Birthday Tug!

Brian, if your dad is still alive, say thank you for me for his foresight to create a timeshare community that has evolved into so much more than just timeshares issues.

Also thank you to you and the moderators who work so tirelessly behind the scenes. Your dedication and hard work are much appreciated.

And Doug - thanks for the Bill Rogers link. Very interesting historical info.

And Fern - The Fern Cafe still lives on in spirit.

And to the entire Tug Community - Cheers, Na zdrowie, Skol, Prost, Salud, Mabuhay

[​IMG]
    Photo: Star512. Feature photo: dleithinger.

Richard

5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

Shall decide on the best review of the past few days later this evening, some very good ones have been submitted!

Get your submissions in, you wouldnt want to miss out on this SUPER awesome giveaway (ill be giving away more of these this month if you miss it)

Be the envy of all other owners at your next "update" meeting!

[​IMG]

6. simpsontruckdriver

simpsontruckdriver Guest

I may not have been HERE 20 years ago, but I was online at college, using a clunky browser called LYNX on a "dumb terminal". A year or so later, got our first computer (a 386DX-20 with 4Mb RAM), signed up for Prodigy, AOL, etc (whichever was free) and connected on a super-fast 14.4k modem. Ahhh, those were the days!

TS

7. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Darn, I haven't been anywhere since my last review. Maybe one more review of Slimy Slough would score one of those drop-dead totes! I'm sure one of those would hold a half-rack and enough ice to keep 'em cool at the resort pool.

Nope, I better hold off and let another deserving soul have a chance.... :)

May the best review win! Actually with good reviews, we ALL win!

Jim

8. billymach4

billymach4 TUG Member

Hey I saved more than 15% off my timeshare by calling TUG!

Happy Birthday!

9. Magic1962

Magic1962 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
    Happy 30 th

Happy 20th.... TUG is one of my favorite sites on the web..... Thanks for caring about us Timeshare owners....old and new.... Dave

10. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

whew, there are 3 that are fighting for the top spot, (and 2 are from the same individual)...so to be fair ill announce them both as winners =)

first winning review is for the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas

I believe I am actually living the frustration felt by this TUGGER as they describe their visit to the resort.

The 2nd (and 3rd) by the same individual is for Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony

this is a pretty impressive review that even includes history/factoids of the local area as its a historically relevant location!

this individual also wrote another simillary comprehensive review of Casa Ybel.

Congrats to the Winners...ill be emailing you separately to get you your prize!

11. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

Actually, I have a good number of these totes and shirts to give away, so ill just keep this giveaway going and announce a winner every few days or so!

keep submitting those great reviews!

12. Cozumel Duo

Cozumel Duo TUG Member

Brian, Happy Birthday to your baby, TUG! :clap:

When I bought our TS 9 years ago, I'd read and reread here. Resale market allowed myself and other members of my family to buy more TSs where we wanted to be.

Here's to another 20 years!

Tia and Bill :hi:

13. IuLiKa

IuLiKa TUG Member

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your existence! Like others, I have learned a lot, and I truly appreciate everyone's time and insight.

Juliana

14. Dori

Dori TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Happy Birthday TUG! A huge thanks to Bill and Brian for keeping this wonderful "Family" alive. I have been around since TUG's inception, having been weaned on Fern's Cafe. Fern is truly our Timeshare Guru! Lunching with her in Las Vegas a few years ago was a very special treat for DH and I.

I have met so many wonderful, like-minded people over the past years. The information shared here has been so invaluable to me. One of our dearly departed members, Ray Harper, became a good friend and gave me such wonderful pointers.

Hugs go out to all of my TUG friends! I hope to meet many more of you in person

Happy Trails!

Dori

15. ahdah

ahdah TUG Member

Happy 20th Birthday!

We found out about TUG when we were at an owners' meeting at Brewster Green about 4 years ago. So happy TUG is here to help us with our timeshare concerns. Best wishes and hope you have many, many more birthdays!

16. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

17. Timeshare Von

Timeshare Von TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
    Lifetime in Hawaii (floating 1-52 annual week)
    Very nice and congrats!

18. taffy19

taffy19 TUG Member

Hope it is still OK to say Happy Birthday to TUG. :cool: I missed this thread until now.

I don't remember when I joined but it was during the Prodigy era too before the Internet started. I remember Fern from these days.

19. jlf58

jlf58 TUG Lifetime Member

John, Fern, Basil, Maz , me, Deb of Course and many others. It was quite an opening crowd 20 years ago.

20. applegirl

applegirl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

So grateful to TUG!!!

Back in 2006 we were at Desert Springs Villas in Palm Desert (where are now with our 2 kiddos!) and we were disenchanted with our t/s ownership because we couldn't understand or learn how to use the system to our advantage. With no friends or family who owned t/s, we just didn't have anyone to "teach us the ropes". Then, somehow, I came across TUG and as they say, the rest is history!!! We have been very happy t/s owners since. We learned how to trade "up", which we almost do and the secrets to getting the trades we want. I can't tell you how many vacations we have had due to the knowlwdge we have gained from TUG. Thank you Brian and many others :D

Janna (applegirl)

21. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

Congrats on 20 years Bill & Brian

I found TUG after hearing about it from TUG's own "Timeshare Guru".

22. ralphd

ralphd TUG Member

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday TUG! :banana: