• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

guests

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This year that guy didn’t make Mardi Gras reservations. I wonder why

Bottom line; that there is still availability makes my point. I didn’t take anything from anyone no one wants this stuff bad enough to make a reservation for more than 7 days or bad enough to set their alarms for 6 an 13 months in advance

There was no availability in 1 bedroom units as of this post opening. Crazy part - only Friday to Tuesday are completely unavailable. Somebody is still working the system...

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
completely irrelevant now and then, Nothing has changed
Not irrelevant then and certainly not irrelevant now. I and others have learnt a huge amount from your posts. As long as you keep posting and sharing your thoughts, you will remain relevant to a large audience.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not irrelevant then and certainly not irrelevant now. I and others have learnt a huge amount from your posts. As long as you keep posting and sharing your thoughts, you will remain relevant to a large audience.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Ron has helped many people understand Worldmark better, myself included.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Agreed. Ron has helped many people understand Worldmark better, myself included.

Absolutely agree - I learned an immense amount from Ron's postings on both the Wyndham and WM side. And while I disagree with what Ron did on principle - it was permitted under the governing documents - just like there is nothing illegal about staying to the right so you can cut into a line of traffic. That does not make it the right however.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no availability in 1 bedroom units as of this post opening. Crazy part - only Friday to Tuesday are completely unavailable. Somebody is still working the system...
Probably, but not necesssrly.

I assume you say that because since 7 day reservations are required and only 5 days are sold out; there must be some manipulation of the reservation process

But maybe not. They best days for Mardi Gras are arguably those 5 days that you see sold out; the weekend before Mardi Gras Tuesday through Mardi Gras Tuesday itself. But as you know Worldmark requires 7 day reservations

Perhaps some folks have reserved Wednesday to Wednesday as I used to do but others have reserved Friday to Friday. This could cause Friday to Wednesday to be sold out but the days on either side of those 5 days would still have availability

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
...just like there is nothing illegal about staying to the right so you can cut into a line of traffic. That does not make it the right however.
Now to REALLY hijack things...

I am a big fan of the zipper merge technique (which is what people are supposed to do) in dense traffic situations. If the right lane is merging and ending, the idea is that every other vehicle merges at the end of the lane. This is orderly and prevents extending the log jam further back.

People who merge early (and often come to a full stop to do so), sometimes with 1/4-1/2 mile to the end of the lane, cause ripple effects behind them. This can extend traffic jams for a mile or more behind them.

If you refer to the on-ramp/off-ramp situation, the key is to avoid joining the main lanes at the very first opportunity. Usually people do this and just stop, blocking the lane. This not only blocks the people trying to get on, it blocks people trying to exit, which creates ripple effects in the main artery. Keep going and make better use of the 1/4-1/2 mile long lane. Read the traffic in the main lane and look for a spot where you have the least chance of blocking the merge lane. This may happen midway, or it may happen at the end, but absolutely don’t merge at the very beginning!

My two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk