• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Green Acrylic nail problem

kjgrain

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you with acrylic overlay on your nails has had this problem? Two weeks ago I noticed a pea green spot under my thumb under my acrylic overlay which kept growing and a darker almost brown spot on my idex finger on the other hand which basically remains the same size. I finally went in one week ago last friday to see if this is normal. I have only been wearing overlays for about 4 months and I have had not problems before this except the ocassional lifting of the sides. Well the girl who does my nails pulled the acrylic off gave me a bottle of fungus remover and told me to put this stuff on over the weekend a couple times a day and then we put a new overlay back on the nails on Monday morning.

Yesterday when I was looking at my nails closely I noticed that about 4 more fingers were getting small running green lines in the middle of the nail and there didn't appear to be any cracks, lifting etc and the overlay was very firmly on the nail. Well out came the acetone and I proceded to spend two hours soaking, picking and filing the overlay off so I could douse the nails with the fungus stuff from the nail girl again.

I'm getting kind of concerned about this problem. My finger nails are very thin and break way back without the overlay. (We own a grain elevator and feedstore so my hands take alot of abuse lifting and grabing 50 lb bags of feed when I have to help load a customer's order.)

I've heard two different things that this could be caused from:
1. A fungus because she didn't clean her tools between clients and I caught it from someone before me. If this is the case why didn't I get it on all the nails at the same time or no my feet because she does also give me pedicures?
2. We have 4-H show calves and they have to washed and rinsed twice daily along with a variety of hair products that have to be applied and brushed in to the hair. this is making tiny cracks and seperations from the nail and the overlay because of the water and the oils that are seeping into the cracks that mold is growing and that is why it is so easy when you pull the overlay off that the green color has a noticable change in color for the better even with just one application of the alcohol based fungus fighter.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've never had spots that turn green but have had some problems occasionally with my nails. I've worn acrylics for years. Usually my nails will lift a bit and it will become slight discoloured. When that happens, I stop wearing fake nails on that particular finger until it grows out normally again.

Green spots? I'd be heading into the doctor, I think. If it's a fungus that's spreading, it may require something by mouth, not just something external.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would try a different place to get the nails. I have horses and wash them and do feed bags, etc. I have had gel nails for 4 years and have had no problem with cracking, fungus, etc.

Lou

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is probably the bacteria Pseudomonas. Most likely cause by water getting under the acrylics that had lifted. I've had this a few times myself. I just removed the acrylics from the affected nails and the nail tech treated them with something similar to what you used. It should clear up fairly soon. If it were indeed a fungal infection...it would take much longer.