• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great experience with Luky987 and ILTC! WWPT too! (NOT!!!!)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I will admit to posting a provocative title in an effort to elicit more views. Guilty as charged.

Now, ordinarily, a title like this would not necessarily be "provocative". But I know that many people have had negative experiences with this outfit, and until recently, I was one of the few who had not been "burned" - at least not badly. That has changed recently.

I have purchased a number of contracts with these guys, and several went through fine. Recently, however, there have been a number of issues.
The most recent failures have been unforgivable and I have been, I'm afraid, a little too patient. The big problem is on an Ocean Boulevard 292,500 contract they sold me in early March. I have asked several times for updates, each time being told something different, ("I am taking over this contract transfer for you now... Wyndham title had left for the day when I tried to reach them"... etc.) When I finally called Wyndham directly myself (unfortunately Wyndham has made it more difficult lately for resale buyers to get updates, as they want to just provide weekly spreadsheet updates to the mass resellers rather than deal directly with us) - I found that the contract was no longer active or transferrable, and that this has been known since May. I also found out that despite the claim by Luky987's/WWPT's closing company, "In Less Time Closings" or ILTC, no estoppel had ever been requested. Additionally, I have another deed with them for Smoky Mountains that they have submitted 3 times, each time having it rejected as defective due to issues that should have been addressed.

In the course of discovering this, I also had the distinct displeasure of waiting on hold on a Thursday afternoon for 45 minutes when calling ILTC - to be told that the closing company portion is only open on Tuesday and Wednesday! So - given the volume these guys do, how comfortable can any of us be - no matter how diligent they might be - that they can do everything with all due diligence in only 2 days a week? Yikes.

So I join the ranks of many others in having problems with these guys. Ironically, I have been blocked by WWPT from bidding on their auctions - which most certainly affirms the relationship between WWPT and Luky987 and In Less Time Closings.

Eventually I still think I'll get the funds (for Ocean Blvd) and/or contract (Smoky Mountains) but this has just been waaaaay too painful to repeat. And I am evaluating legal/criminal options as I have not received any responses over the past two weeks... toward that point, has anyone filed with FBI through the IC3 process for internet fraud against these guys? In the case of selling something they don't actually have to sell (this has happened to me twice with these guys now) and holding funds for 6 months, I do think it fits the category of internet fraud.

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's odd that Luky's last ebay feedback was May 20 even though he had sales until April 24.

I can't complain, my deal was smooth. I had the Florida deed in about 3 weeks.

It's been over 2 1/2 months since I won a National Harbor auction from a higher regarded seller and I'm still waiting on the deed. I recall that you had a similar problem.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bigrob,

Great experience with Luky987 and ILTC! WWPT too!???
So why the misleading heading on your post?

If you want to warn others about WWPT, Luky987 and In Less Time Closings, it would be better if you change your heading. People will see that and assume that they are responsible companies that you are endorsing.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bigrob,

Great experience with Luky987 and ILTC! WWPT too!???
So why the misleading heading on your post?

If you want to warn others about WWPT, Luky987 and In Less Time Closings, it would be better if you change your heading. People will see that and assume that they are responsible companies that you are endorsing.

Yes, I addressed that in the post... but you're right there is a potential that someone might not read the post. I'll add a modifier.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I agree with Lisa, you need to change the title.

My closing did go through but took a very long time with Luky987.

I tend to compare all eBay purchases to my few favorite sellers, like Seans0302, who does a superior job of closing deals for me. I used to love Sumday but haven't had a quick closing this go around. I am waiting to see how long my recent two purchases are going to take. I think 2 months is too long. It seems Sumday is having a son do the closings (last name the same as Jeff and Sherry), and he had more papers to sign and closing is dragging on and on.

I even like Uri Fried's company after having concerns about their deeding process. I emailed Brandon Fried after receiving my Sands of Kahana deed and realized I was wrong in assuming they'd made an error. My bad. But I was trying to sell the week about two years after buying it, and the deed was missing pages. Maybe I lost them? I doubt it. It didn't matter to Syed's company on Maui. They were able to sell it for what I paid.

I was disenchanted with SOK after staying there once as an owner. Exchangers get MUCH better views. Our son received oceanfront on an upper floor for his two-week stay, and he exchanged into 3 bedroom units with Sheraton studios. Great exchange for him. We will trade into the resort next time and stay there on a bargain week. This is completely off-topic, as usual.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't buy that the dba "ILTC" only does work two days a week. I think that is total hogwash. It might be true that the puppet people under the legal entity in Ohio are only working two days a week but I think there are many people working from elsewhere, likely the same workers from the former entity Pacific Transfer in California who are working full time.

If you call the former 888 number to pacific transfer the recording guides callers to contact the "corporate office" which is the number of Resort Members Association. This is another of many, many scam entities controlled by David McMillan. He is trying very hard these days to hide his name from the various entity ownerships but don't be fooled. All of these companies are part of his timeshare relief empire.

Also interesting, but not surprising, is the alternative numbers previously handed out by Luky and Pacific Transfer in order to get a real person are still being received, queued, and answered. They are still running the "show".

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I addressed that in the post... but you're right there is a potential that someone might not read the post. I'll add a modifier.

It is now clear that you aren't happy with these companies. Thanks for fixing it!

I did read your entire post, but thought your heading was misleading. Not everyone takes the time to read an entire post.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think 2 months is too long. It seems Sumday is having a son do the closings (last name the same as Jeff and Sherry), and he had more papers to sign and closing is dragging on and on.

Wow. With some purchases, like Marriott's Ocean Pointe, 2 months isn't even possible due to the ROFR and lack of e-recording. The closing time is relative and cannot be applied everywhere.

Sumday is my favorite to buy from and I believe they started using a more formal closing process, which is a good thing. You could get a quicker closing with no purchase agreement or formal disclosures but that's not always the best.

I believe Josh, who does the closing paperwork, is likely Jeff's relative. It's a family business. Not sure about son though. I don't think Sherry is related. You are probably confusing Sheree with Sherry. Sherry deals directly with the work and is fantastic. Her last name is not Brown. Sheree Brown, who I have never dealt with personally, is or was listed as the CFO.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Saints, I am not buying a Marriott. I am buying a Sheraton Broadway Plantation, electronic closing and fast turnaround with Starwood. I had 5 purchases from Brandon Fried that closed and transferred in less than 2 weeks, same exact thing. Sumday used to be that fast, but no more. How can I leave feedback when a closing company takes so long?

My Custom House purchase through CJ Timeshare closed in less than 2 months because I was able to leave feedback.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Lisa, you need to change the title.

My closing did go through but took a very long time with Luky987.

QUOTE]

Mine as well. Also communication was pretty spotty. If it wasn't such a good deal and low potential loss, I would not even have considered Lucky987.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saints, I am not buying a Marriott. I am buying a Sheraton Broadway Plantation, electronic closing and fast turnaround with Starwood. I had 5 purchases from Brandon Fried that closed and transferred in less than 2 weeks, same exact thing. Sumday used to be that fast, but no more. How can I leave feedback when a closing company takes so long?

My Custom House purchase through CJ Timeshare closed in less than 2 months because I was able to leave feedback.

Understood. I agree they are taking longer than they used to. I have dealt with them enough to be ok with the longer closings. I know my money is good no matter what. They are rescinding a purchase I made a year ago because Diamond is so messed up.

I did one through Uri Fried's companies and I had no issues. David MacMillan's empire I will never mess with again.

Crista Ottallah
Andreea Fufa
Carli Brant

All MacMillan puppets so he has a larger than normal liability shield.

Last edited:

BeenThere24

Reaction score
WWPT and ILTC

One of the many things that gives me pause about signing a purchase agreement with WWPT is one of the last sentences in the agreement: "Additionally, if applicable, any disbursement related to the decision from the resort to exercise its Right of First Refusal, shall be made payable to and released to In Less Time Closings ("ILTC")."

My untrained reading of this is that, if the resort exercises it's ROFR, my money goes to ILTC (not refunded back to me).

Surely, my reading has to be wrong but, otherwise, I am not following the intent of the sentence.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the many things that gives me pause about signing a purchase agreement with WWPT is one of the last sentences in the agreement: "Additionally, if applicable, any disbursement related to the decision from the resort to exercise its Right of First Refusal, shall be made payable to and released to In Less Time Closings ("ILTC")."

My untrained reading of this is that, if the resort exercises it's ROFR, my money goes to ILTC (not refunded back to me).

Surely, my reading has to be wrong but, otherwise, I am not following the intent of the sentence.

That actually makes sense. If WWPT is the seller they would get the money. You would get a refund of any money paid by you. Still wouldn't trust them though.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is a very good reason for this, at least from WWPT's end. It's a financial control. These never ending stream of entities are not allowed to disburse any funds, except possibly to ILTC, or whatever closing entity they switch to. All monies, to the resort or back to the buyer, must be done by "ILTC". Otherwise the master scammer could get scammed by the little scammers.

You have to view ILTC as the same as WWPT. It's Peter to Paul to you.

Last edited:

BeenThere24

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the information. I feel a little better.

I have been a "lurker" since I bought my first retail timeshare 3 years ago (and created a guest account a few days ago) and I have been very appreciative about the knowledge by the community!

arlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree as far as the title being misleading. Even with the modifier, I didn't realize that you were saying that tongue-in-cheek until I read further and noticed that you said you were going to add a modifier

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a timeshare on eBay from these folks based on the title of this thread!

I have to agree as far as the title being misleading. Even with the modifier, I didn't realize that you were saying that tongue-in-cheek until I read further and noticed that you said you were going to add a modifier

I should have gone down further into the thread. Am I screwed? What have you done, Big Rob????????? :p

I guess I should have done more due diligence. :doh: I never should have based my decision to go through with this purchase based on one thread. :eek:

I'm biting my nails and pulling my hair just thinking about what is in store for me with these folks!!!! :eek:

The cash has been sent and now I have very little recourse against them. I am at their mercy. My life will never be the same. :bawl:

How could you be so careless, BigRob???????? :mad:

I'm done now........... :rofl: :hysterical:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should have gone down further into the thread. Am I screwed? What have you done, Big Rob????????? :p

I guess I should have done more due diligence. :doh: I never should have based my decision to go through with this purchase based on one thread. :eek:

I'm biting my nails and pulling my hair just thinking about what is in store for me with these folks!!!! :eek:

The cash has been sent and now I have very little recourse against them. I am at their mercy. My life will never be the same. :bawl:

How could you be so careless, BigRob???????? :mad:

I'm done now........... :rofl: :hysterical:

Oh Dear. I have such pangs of guilt that I really have no choice but to go into a corner and pummel myself with a limp noodle.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for caring. You seem remorseful.

Oh Dear. I have such pangs of guilt that I really have no choice but to go into a corner and pummel myself with a limp noodle.

I'm still cowering, in the dark recesses of my bedroom, wondering what fate awaits me with this transaction.......tremble, tremble. :D I do feel comforted though that you have taken it upon yourself to inflict the punishment you wholeheartedly deserve. :wave:

lcml11

Reaction score
Okay, I will admit to posting a provocative title in an effort to elicit more views. Guilty as charged.

Now, ordinarily, a title like this would not necessarily be "provocative". But I know that many people have had negative experiences with this outfit, and until recently, I was one of the few who had not been "burned" - at least not badly. That has changed recently.

I have purchased a number of contracts with these guys, and several went through fine. Recently, however, there have been a number of issues.
The most recent failures have been unforgivable and I have been, I'm afraid, a little too patient. The big problem is on an Ocean Boulevard 292,500 contract they sold me in early March. I have asked several times for updates, each time being told something different, ("I am taking over this contract transfer for you now... Wyndham title had left for the day when I tried to reach them"... etc.) When I finally called Wyndham directly myself (unfortunately Wyndham has made it more difficult lately for resale buyers to get updates, as they want to just provide weekly spreadsheet updates to the mass resellers rather than deal directly with us) - I found that the contract was no longer active or transferrable, and that this has been known since May. I also found out that despite the claim by Luky987's/WWPT's closing company, "In Less Time Closings" or ILTC, no estoppel had ever been requested. Additionally, I have another deed with them for Smoky Mountains that they have submitted 3 times, each time having it rejected as defective due to issues that should have been addressed.

In the course of discovering this, I also had the distinct displeasure of waiting on hold on a Thursday afternoon for 45 minutes when calling ILTC - to be told that the closing company portion is only open on Tuesday and Wednesday! So - given the volume these guys do, how comfortable can any of us be - no matter how diligent they might be - that they can do everything with all due diligence in only 2 days a week? Yikes.

So I join the ranks of many others in having problems with these guys. Ironically, I have been blocked by WWPT from bidding on their auctions - which most certainly affirms the relationship between WWPT and Luky987 and In Less Time Closings.

Eventually I still think I'll get the funds (for Ocean Blvd) and/or contract (Smoky Mountains) but this has just been waaaaay too painful to repeat. And I am evaluating legal/criminal options as I have not received any responses over the past two weeks... toward that point, has anyone filed with FBI through the IC3 process for internet fraud against these guys? In the case of selling something they don't actually have to sell (this has happened to me twice with these guys now) and holding funds for 6 months, I do think it fits the category of internet fraud.

Sounds like a good list to be on.