• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gratuitous family transfer - will reservations be cancelled?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
My dad owns 2 deeded weeks at Kona Coast II and one deeded week at Kauai Beach Villas, bought from Pahio in 1994 and 2002, respectively, and now part of the Wyndham system. He wants to transfer ownership to my siblings and me. He has instructions from Wyndham re what to do on their end, and we're going to contact LT Transfers to handle the title work, so we're set there.

However, he has reservations at Kona Coast for weeks 51 and 52 in 2018 and 2019, made two years in advance per his routine, and we have family members planning to use those weeks. If he transfers ownership to us and doesn't retain any part of the ownership, will Wyndham cancel those reservations? I know we can ask Wyndham, but they took a long time to respond to his initial inquiry about how to do the transfer, so I want to have an idea what to tell him and my siblings, who are less familiar with timeshares than I am.

TIA!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Why not leave your father on and just add you and your siblings? This is what most people do. It should be right of survivorship so there would be no problem. It is always better to have more owners on an account than fewer in case you are making reservations for the same or overlapping dates. That way you don't have to pay for $99 guest fees to hold a reservation.

From what I understand just adding you and your siblings is something Wyndham can do, it would save you money and there would be no worries about losing reservations which could happen unfortunately. You could remove your father at a later date if there is some compelling reason to do so. I know people who haven't removed dead spouses or parents.

Because your father owns Pahio you might be losing some advantages by removing him.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If he transfers ownership to us and doesn't retain any part of the ownership, will Wyndham cancel those reservations? I know we can ask Wyndham, but they took a long time to respond to his initial inquiry about how to do the transfer,

You should discuss this with LT Transfers - they handle this situation all the time and will know what to do.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My dad owns ... one deeded week at Kauai Beach Villas, ... now part of the Wyndham system.

FYI: Kauai Beach Villas is now managed by Grand Pacific Resorts. You may be looking at a separate transfer process, since Wyndham is out of the picture.

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What Dave said - unless your Dad converted his week to Wyndham points.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not leave your father on and just add you and your siblings? This is what most people do. It should be right of survivorship so there would be no problem. It is always better to have more owners on an account than fewer in case you are making reservations for the same or overlapping dates. That way you don't have to pay for $99 guest fees to hold a reservation.

From what I understand just adding you and your siblings is something Wyndham can do, it would save you money and there would be no worries about losing reservations which could happen unfortunately. You could remove your father at a later date if there is some compelling reason to do so. I know people who haven't removed dead spouses or parents.

Because your father owns Pahio you might be losing some advantages by removing him.

Thanks - I think we've pretty much decided to leave him on the deeds and just add us. No worries that way!

What Pahio advantages would we lose by removing him? I hadn't been aware of any Pahio advantages, so I appreciate the heads-up, Jan!

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI: Kauai Beach Villas is now managed by Grand Pacific Resorts. You may be looking at a separate transfer process, since Wyndham is out of the picture.

Dave

What Dave said - unless your Dad converted his week to Wyndham points.

Received more information from my brother today and apparently that's exactly what he did. Several years ago while on a trip with them, Daddy converted his KBV week to a Wyndham points membership and added my brother & sister-in-law to the Wyndham account. The title wasn't changed, to my brother's knowledge. So it seems like we might not need to do anything to the KBV week, since Daddy's intention is for my brother to have that one and my sister and I to have the two Kona Coast weeks.

Thank you, Dave and Denise! Very helpful!

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I add myself to my parents Wyndham Timeshare (Leaving them on), would I also be able to add anyone else or do they need to be family as well (Wyndham requires proof)?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I add myself to my parents Wyndham Timeshare (Leaving them on), would I also be able to add anyone else or do they need to be family as well (Wyndham requires proof)?
Yes you could add others to the account. You don’t have to be a family member to be on an account.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai

Did Wyndham allow this? How does one 'add themselves' to someone else's timeshare? Just curious how to do it...
Thx

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner needs to prepare a quit claim deed adding you and then have Wyndham add you. You will be unable to do it without the owner being involved in the process.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did Wyndham allow this? How does one 'add themselves' to someone else's timeshare? Just curious how to do it...
Thx

We used LT Transfers to add my sister and me to my Dad’s deed for Kona Coast. The new deed was recorded and has now been sent to Wyndham for them to add us as owners (the three of us now own it jointly with right of survivorship). After Wyndham records the change, we’ll find out how to add us as owners to the RCI weeks account that he uses to exchange those weeks.

Next will be the process of adding my brother and sister in law to my Dad’s Kauai Beach Villas ownership. He converted that one to Wyndham points a few years ago and believed that he added them as owners at that time, but my brother has to pay for guest certificates whenever he uses the points, so apparently not!