TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Grandview Las Vegas [Need advice about giving it away]

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares' started by Jincy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Jincy

Jincy Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Grandview Las Vegas
    I am the deeded owner for Grandview Las Vegas, 2 Biennial (even) paid in full, 200USD maintenance.
    I gave up my RCI membership and so have no points to offer.
    I am exploring options to exit my timeshare as my family situation has changed and I do not see myself using it going forward, so do not want to continue paying.
    I did some research on resale values. I saw some out there that are are being offered for free. But they were several hundred dollars higher on maintenance fee. Some in closer weeks and 1Bedroom were asking couple of thousand dollars. So it is mixed and I am not sure what to do. Not sure if it even makes any sense to expect anything out of a sale.

I'm even willing to give it up for free for any takers out there. And I am willing to bear transfer fee for transfer via LT Transfers.

My goal is to find the most reliable cheapest and quickest exit.
    Looking for advise from other owners in similar situation as me who have successfully exited their timeshare at Grandview LV. Please HELP!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
    Abespalko likes this.
  2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I am going to edit your post above a little so it doesn't sound so much like an Ad, because you can ask for advice in this forum, but you can't advertise here.

I see that you have your Ad posted on the TUG Bargain Deals Forum, and that is a good start. You may want to post it some other places as well for wider exposure: I like redweek.com and craigslist.

One more thing - I recommend that you go back to your Ad, click edit at the bottom, and clarify the maintenance fee: Is it $200 per year?

The Ads for this resort that go for a higher resale price are usually larger units that are enrolled in RCI points, and that is why they go for a little more - people want the points.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  3. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    Hi Denise ,
    See typo - redweek points / RCI points ?

Once viewed -You can either delete my post or I will edit later .
    Thanks

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

5. iwanttoflyaway

iwanttoflyaway TUG Member

The phrasing, 'so I have no points to offer' makes me wonder if this one was previously enrolled in points. Week 22 is a reasonably valuable week with points - if there is any possibility that it was already converted and the OP just uses it as a fixed week now to save membership fees, it'd help move the week much more quickly.

6. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

She wrote: "I gave up my RCI membership and so have no points to offer." Which sounds like it is no longer enrolled in points.

7. iwanttoflyaway

iwanttoflyaway TUG Member

Is that really how it works?? A converted week is actually unconverted if the owner declines to renew their points membership for some period of time? Man, they really do have a good gig going...

8. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Yes - if you stop paying the RCI fees, the week drops out of points.

9. flybefree

flybefree TUG Member

Wow, I did not know that! Thanks for that info! We own a TS in points that gets a massive amount of points, more than we can use for the foreseeable future. I can't find ANY listings for the same TS in points and have no idea what it should sell for (in weeks, you can grab it for $1-100 on Ebay, and it still has high trading power there, but it varies and has been dropping, whereas its points value has been consistent). I'm definitely not going to take it out of points but I had considered not letting it deposit for a year so that I could rent it (since RCI has B.S. rules about that, even when it's your home week). If I didn't deposit for one year, does it lose its points status? I feel sure it's worth a lot more because it's points. When I bought it, Sumday advertised it as weeks and it was a surprise to discover it had been converted. So I paid less than it was worth. Score. :)

Jan M. likes this.