TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Grande vista

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by deniseh, Oct 10, 2017.

1. deniseh

deniseh TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
    here at grande vista for a week's stay. They now have a shopping cart at each building available. What a great idea! Very helpful when bringing groceries from Costco. Would be nice to see this at other locations.

kds4 and Gemini Chica like this.
  2. Dean

Dean TUG Member

I've seen basket carts at multiple Marriott's for a while now. The last 5 resorts we've been to have had one type or the other. (Surf Club, Grande Ocean, Grande Vista, Ocean Point & Crystal Shores). The one I'm not completely certain about is Legend's Edge. Part were a more upright smaller basket similar and part a larger basket.

deniseh and Fasttr like this.
  3. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    They've been at all of the Hilton Head resorts for years, both grocery carts and luggage carts, parked near the elevators in all buildings. Makes it very convenient to move in/out.

deniseh and Fasttr like this.
  4. chalee94

chalee94 TUG Member

Does anyone have any idea how many of the Grande Vista villas have been renovated? I'm assuming you are happy with your villa, Denise?

I found a very recent youtube video and just wondered if getting a renovated room in the next few months was very likely or not?

5. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

There are so many buildings and units at grand vista that there are always units being renovated. By the time they finish the last building to renovate they have to start over again. That is what it seems to me whenever we goto grand vista.

Best bet is to ask for the mosat recently renovated building.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

chalee94 likes this.
  6. NboroGirl

NboroGirl TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grande Vista
    That floor plan looks different from the floor plan of every 2BR villa I've stayed at Grande Vista, although I've never stayed in that building before (on that side of the water). We usually opt for one of the older buildings on the south side. Is that a dedicated 2 BR villa? I'm thinking it might be the 2BR portion of a 3BR lockoff. I don't like the 3BRs because, like the one in the video, the master bathroom is so tiny with the sinks outside the door (instead of a beauty vanity there, which I love having). The pantry shown in the video is where I'm used to seeing the laundry closet. I love the new decor, although I noticed only 2 stools at the counter instead of the usual 4. I wouldn't trade having a big master bath just for a newly renovated unit, so unless this was part of a 3BR, I would avoid this building.

chalee94 likes this.
  7. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

It can't be the 2BR side of the 3BR because there is no lock-off door and it has two balconies. The 2BR of the 3BR only has one balcony. It can only be the 2BR dedicated.

chalee94 likes this.
  8. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    It definitely is a 2BR dedicated unit. Only 77, 78, 85 and 86 have true 2BR dedicated units. Given the view from the balcony, I would put the unit in building 85, perhaps on the third floor. It has a circular main balcony and based on its position to building 84, it would have to be an end unit closest to building 84. The end units do seem to have an slightly different layout at Grande Vista.

chalee94 likes this.
  9. deniseh

deniseh TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
    Yes, we are happy with our villa. We are in building 92 and our villa is not renovated yet. Last October we were here in one of the renovated villas as seen in the video but to be honest this "non-renovated" villa is just as nice. We are looking right down on the pool here in this location and are happy with both location and villa. Using DP for one night combined with an encore stay. Staff here are great, activities are good. Always enjoy our stays here.

chalee94 likes this.
  10. NboroGirl

NboroGirl TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Grande Vista
    Buildings 91 and 92 are our favorites.

deniseh likes this.