• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Solmar at Ranch San Lucas interval

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this resort on interval website? Does anyone have any info on resort
Is it next to the Grand Solmar?

Thanks

Correcaminos

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
(This is opening just this month - December, 2017.)
II informed me that Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas will not be available for trade but is included in the directory for possible Getaways in future. Please let me know if you find that this is no longer true.

I can update myself: II now has inventory for trade beginning in February through December 2018.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks to be 30 minute drive up the coast on the Pacific side, from Grand Solmar (and from Cabo itself) Not even located in the corridor. With not having a swimable Beach and being really far from everything, I'm not sure I would choose it over Grand Solmar.

andy25g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m glad I didn’t do an impulse trade, I’m sure the resort is incredible but with it being so far from town I don’t think it would be ideal for me.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It looks to be 30 minute drive up the coast on the Pacific side, from Grand Solmar (and from Cabo itself) Not even located in the corridor. With not having a swimable Beach and being really far from everything, I'm not sure I would choose it over Grand Solmar.
From the resort description, it says it's a 30-minute drive from the airport--not Grand Solmar or the town of Cabo San Lucas--which puts in just north of the other resorts on the Pacific side such as Diamante and PBSunset Beach. It's still a bit far from town and not having a swimmable beach could be an issue for some, but it just depends on what type of vacation in Cabo one desires.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would still prefer the original Grand Solmar. No swimmable beach as well, but we were able to walk into town (and Medano Beach) easily enough and taking a taxi back to Grand Solmar was pretty cheap. If someone just wanted a stay at the resort type of vacation then the Rancho Grand Lucas location looks terrific.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Googlemaps shows the distance as a 30 minute drive to the Land's End Grand Solmar. https://tinyurl.com/y7vam64n
I just did a calculation from the airport to the resort via the toll road and it said 47 minutes. It does look like a beautiful place. I wonder how much of it is actually finished. A lot of the pictures look like they are computer generated.

Last edited:

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a calculation from the airport to the resort via the toll road and it said 47 minutes. It does look like a beautiful place. I wonder how much of it is actually finished. A lot of the pictures look like they are computer generated.

I think the resort just opened this weekend. I’m not sure how many units are finished and available for use.
They should be beautiful, we did the timeshare tour and a 1 bedroom plus was quoted at its lowest for $64000.00. CRAZY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded in for September 2018. I will post when we get back, but hope more people post about it before we go.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any news about this resort? I just exchanged for Xmas 2019. Yelp reviews are extremely negative. I'm wondering how many years it takes to truly build a resort to where it is nice... I year and a half from now it could be much better...

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
From looking at the recent photos posted on the Yelp site, I would go into your stay with similar landscaping expectations. The rooms are gorgeous. It's the rest of the resort and the amenities that are lacking. Also construction noise and dust are to be expected.

The Grand Solmar at Lands End took 3-5 years to build out that resort to completion. That is not an unreasonable time in terms of how construction projects in Mexico work. It seems like Rancho San Lucas opened prematurely, but they needed sales prospects in the door to get the money to finish building. I think the resort is still on the year 1 timeline. It's going to a much longer time until it looks like the CGI that they are showing in their promotional photos. Go knowing you're staying amid a work in progress and you should be fine.