• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya question

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Checking in at Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya April 28th, first time at this resort.
Where does everyone buy their groceries?
What should I bring from home?
We are flying Air Canada (I'm not sure what Terminal we will end up), will we go thru the green or red light at customs? If we get an airport porter, will we get thru customs faster?
Thanks

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought groceries at the Mega store in Carmen, very easy. There was a shuttle from the taxi stand that left on a schedule, it was a few dollars per person, and drops off right by the store. Then we shopped, and took a taxi back. Taxi was a flat rate, and the bell staff boxed our groceries in big tubs and brought them to our unit for us.

Worth noting, the elderly folks who help bag the groceries are volunteers working for tips.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Worth noting, the elderly folks who help bag the groceries are volunteers working for tips.
Those people are some of the friendliest out there. They are always smiling and very helpful. I try and tip them well -- it just seems like they really appreciate it.

Kurt

taffy19

Reaction score
Please, read what you are allowed to bring in to Mexico as they are very strict. In Puerto Vallarta they had a dog that would sniff every bag and it was surprising how he found all the food that wasn't allowed to be brought in to the country. They tossed out so much food.

I bought lunch on Alaska Airlines and had it in my bag but reported it. I didn't think that they would have a problem with that but it had to be tossed out also. The guy told me that I could stand aside and eat it since I reported it and I did because I love the Alaska's Mediterranean lunch of fruit, crackers and cheeses. I wonder if they have a sniff hound there too? You never guess what name they gave to the dog.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Grand Luxxe 2 BR & 3 BR lofts and the 4 BR residence units have washers and dryers in the units. The rest have communal ones.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We went to Mega yesterday. 80 pesos on shuttle and 350 pesos back. Mega is much nicer than Chenaduari Puerto Morales. RT taxi was 600 pesos there. We will probably go back to PM for dinner one day next week, but may have enough food to last us all week we bought breakfast stuff, lots of pico and guacamole, a rotisserie chicken and ground beef to make tostadas with.