• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya pool for owners only

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Eric. You truly are an encyclopedia of knowledge on Vidanta. Looks like the Grand Luxxe MF's are pretty comparable to higher end resorts in other systems.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in a GL RM ownership of 1or 2 br as a resale. Is that something which one finds often?

I recently took a tour and they were pushing to buy in the theme park, for which I have no interest even if it trades into a GL unit.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You won’t find them for resale typically in a state that makes them easily transferable. Vidanta structures the contracts in such a way that there are a lot of aspects that would not transfer in a resale because they are covered by addenda to the contract. There may be some older GL contracts out there that are more easily transferred, similar to the older GM & MP contracts. Your best bet might be to make friends with some GL owners that can make you reservations; Vidanta doesn’t charge for guest certificates.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
. ... I'm curious how Grand Luxxe units compare. I understand that Vidanta contracts are different and some include golf, spa, Cirque amenities, etc., but what is the base rate for owning at Grand Luxxe by unit type?

Hi PamMo,
The price chart Eric posted is ( IMO) generally accurate for all brands .

FYI-
I own a Mayan Palace 1 bedroom suite ( 2006 RTU contract ) - my (pay on use only) MF is about $50 less than the $800 listed .
but I have a reno / 2nd MF due every 5 years .I believe ICE has a $99 annual fee and perhaps a small booking fee ( $ 50 ?) So pretty close in the big picture .

I believe in this capacity : ICE qualifies as a Vidanta “concierge “partner -so there is no resort fee . This is parallel to the “privilege weeks “ administered by SFX , that are in more recent Vidanta contracts .

GL owners can fill in any gaps in the chart .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Actually, ICE & SFX have resort fees of about $75 per week flat rate. I have a slightly more up to date price list that isn’t as comprehensive, and is a bit higher, but didn’t feel like typing it.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Actually, ICE & SFX have resort fees of about $75 per week flat rate. I have a slightly ghy more up to date price list that isn’t as comprehensive, and is a bit higher, but didn’t feel like typing it.

Hi Eric ,
I know SFX has the $ 75 rate for exchanges / but is it also on privledge weeks ?

Since my older contract only has a Vacation Fare bonus week , I am still sort of unclear on how the “concierge partners” work - when part of a Vidanta sold contract or even an exit package like the ones Destinos administers .

By the way the fees i mentioned in my post above may be Destinos not
ICE - I was going by memory .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, I’m not sure about that for the privilege weeks. I did one for Xmas this year in NV and will let you know.