TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya pool for owners only

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by lauramiddl, Feb 19, 2018.

1. echoal

echoal Guest

I was just looking at the booklet "Happiness Guide" that you get on check-in with the map and all the restaurents, activites schedule etc.
    The Burger Custom Made it says Grand Luxxe Guests Only.

Attached Files:

2. tselios

tselios TUG Member

We are Exchangers into grand Lux jungle through II. We could not use grand luxxe pool or eat at burgers custom made. Owners only. We were able to use beach club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I find it odd that they would close off a restaurant to paying customers. Is Burger Custom Made a small restaurant? Does it not have the capacity to handle guests from the rest of the resort?

4. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Grand Luxxe
    It’s fairly small, only open 11-5, and right by the GL pool.

5. NiteMaire

NiteMaire Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grand Château,
    The Colonies at Williamsburg
    And usually our first stop after checkin.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

6. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

If you make the GL pool for any group of people, Burger Custom Made has to be for that same group. They are essentially the same place.

7. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC (AK, VGF, VGC, Poly, Aulani), WKOVRN, Four Seasons, MVC Trust Points, MVC Marbella and Ko Olina (enrolled weeks)
    We canceled our Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya Jungle Suite exchange trip after reading this thread. Now we are using points plus cash to stay at Ritz Carlton in a 1 bedroom ocean front suite for 3 nights and at the Intercontinental ocean front Club level (top floor with balcony) room for 4 nights. Total cost with breakfast and evening snacks and drinks is approx $1200 including taxes vs $1075 at Grand Luxxe plus taxes without any food or ocean front views. Plus Intercontinental, while an older hotel, is on the best beach in Cancun/Riviera Maya because it is protected from waves and currents due to the way the island is curved. Everywhere else in Cancun/Riviera Maya is rocky or has rough waters even the Ritz Carlton. Otherwise, we would have stayed at the Ritz Carlton for the week. They gave us an excellent deal to stay in the 1 bedroom Ocean Front Suite for the week but we declined because we want to go back to the Intercontinental's most beautiful beach. It is almost as great as Bora Bora and Tahaa in French Polynesia but only in that little section in front of the Intercontinental. If Grand Luxxe were not limiting exchanger benefits, we would have stayed there because we were so looking forward to using their Beach Club. We could care less about the Burger place. We do not eat burgers.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Eric B likes this.
  8. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

Their beach club is not great. IMHO not having access to Custom burger is a loss. They have things other than burgers and it was nice using the pool and eating there. We just canceled an exchange because we wouldn’t be able to use the pool.

TravelTime likes this.
  9. richontug

richontug TUG Member

What companies are doing exchanges that can be so easily cancelled?

10. scootr5

scootr5 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Wyndham Avenue Plaza - Mardis Gras week, Wyndham points
    They all can be pretty easily cancelled. The question is how much money you’re comfortable forfeiting.

11. richontug

richontug TUG Member

12. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Some people though II may have added EPlus and can retrade three times for free. With a cancellation, at least in II, you end up with a cancellation replacement and just need to pay a new exchange fee to go elsewhere. So you are out at most $199.

13. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC (AK, VGF, VGC, Poly, Aulani), WKOVRN, Four Seasons, MVC Trust Points, MVC Marbella and Ko Olina (enrolled weeks)
    I paid $99 to ICE Rewards so I could cancel up to 30 days out. I lose $99 plus some small service fee. I doubt I will ever book through ICE Rewards again. They have the worst customer service ever and fought with me about canceling and would not give me a cancelation number.

14. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

I used ePlus and I did not forfeit anything.

15. pianoetudes

pianoetudes TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
    We were able to use the spa facility without having any treatment. In the Spatium, there is a common area with whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and another area for GL guests with spa appointments. The common area is free for GL guests but reservation is required. This is our experience in September 2017. I don't know if they change the rules now.

16. echoal

echoal Guest

That is correct you need to sign up at Brio or Spatium. It is just to control the number of people in the common area at one paticular time.

17. lorribarnes

lorribarnes TUG Member

If you booked before April 2nd you will only pay the 11 per person..

whitewater likes this.
  18. Lingber

Lingber TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Harborside
    We stayed at Grand Luxxe in March and they would not allow us to use the common areas in Spatium without a booked treatment. In fact we were told we had one hour complimentary use prior to massages. Maybe they changed the rules again after we left......??? They seem to change them frequently.

19. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
    Yes - at GB if you have an owner band the "doohickey" is orange and if you are an exchanger - it is gray.

If you are the guest of an owner who paid MF, and you came instead, then you get the owner band.

20. lawduck

lawduck TUG Member

Question: Is it just Grand Luxxe Jungle exchangers that have been denied access to the Grand Luxxe pool, or all Grand Luxxe exchangers? If it's just Jungle, that makes more sense, as it is (kind of) a lower level than full Grand Luxxe.

21. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    It is all Grand Luxxe exchangers. Only Grand Luxxe owners or those staying in the owners reserved units get access to the pool.

22. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    It’s all GL exchangers, or was when I was there in the spring.

23. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Yeah, and if the Trip Advisor reviews are "recent' stays, looks like they're still restricting access as well.
    Bummer.

24. mike53

mike53 TUG Member

We are new GL owners and have a reservation for our GL unit for next June. Also I will be going there in February using an II trade. Being an owner but staying in February as a trade will I be allowed to use the GL pool and beach area?

25. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    They will typically offer you the owners’ version of the wristbands in exchange for attending a update/sales pitch - that will get you access to the pool.

We’re planning on being down there in February, too, so might run into you.