• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya Info wanted please!

riu girl

Reaction score
What is #11 Club be Playa on the map

Emailed the concierge and received this updated site plan of the Riviera Maya property. Thought I would share (if the upload works ;)). Looks like there is a pretty dense jungle in front of Grand Luxxe. Does it feel that way in person?

On the map that you posted is #11 Club de Playa, is this the NEW pool area for only Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe vacationers?????
Thanks

riu girl

Reaction score
Menu for Grand Bliss Pool area at riviera maya

I have read that there is a spanish restaurant at the Grand Bliss Riviera Maya pool area? Does anyone know if servers come around the pool area and take drink/ food orders? If so, does anyone have a copy of a menu to share? We love how at the beach area at the Mayan Palace you can get french fries, 2 for one drinks (11-1) chicken casear salad etc. during the day and wondering what the grand bliss pool area offers.

Thanks for any advice.

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Viewing the map posted by Lingber, the walk from Grand Bliss to the beach looks like a good hike. Does anyone know how often the shuttles/carts run from Grand Bliss?

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
On the map that you posted is #11 Club de Playa, is this the NEW pool area for only Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe vacationers?????
Thanks

Hi,

That is what I have read but not sure since we haven't been yet. I also read that pool use is determined based on where you stay. Grand Luxxe can use all pools, Grand Bliss can use everything except Grand Luxxe and so on.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The order goes from lowest to highest:

Mayan Palace
Bliss (not sure what adjective if any is in front of this)
Grand Mayan
Grand Bliss
Grand Luxxe

Grand Luxxe can use all pools. Grand Bliss and use all BUT Grand Luxxe. Grand Mayan can use all BUT Grand Luxxe and Bliss.

So that is the pattern. I do not think that the Bliss has it own pool. But clearly there is a separate Grand Luxxe, Bliss, and Mayan Pool in addition to the main pool at the Mayan Palace.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read that there is a spanish restaurant at the Grand Bliss Riviera Maya pool area? Does anyone know if servers come around the pool area and take drink/ food orders? If so, does anyone have a copy of a menu to share? We love how at the beach area at the Mayan Palace you can get french fries, 2 for one drinks (11-1) chicken casear salad etc. during the day and wondering what the grand bliss pool area offers.

Thanks for any advice.

We ate at a Spanish restaurant at the NV Grand Bliss pool. I have not seen one in MR.

bravedog

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much do drinks/food run here pp/day?

Just curious. I am about ready to grab someone's GL unit for July, but I am kinda curious how much this will set me back pp. There are six of us... I figure $200 per person per day seems reasonable. Also, I assume that we can charge everything on our bracelets? Sorry... first time doing this.

Thanks.

Bryang73

Reaction score

Thanks for any advice.

I was just there last week and stayed at Grand Bliss. The unit was awesome and quiet, although the location is far away from the beach and pools- it's next to the Grand Mayan "Jungle" units. The GB-dedicated carts were mostly very efficient at shuttling guests wherever they want to go on property and all the drivers and staff were very nice and accomodating. I enjoyed the GB beach club pool area. It's a nice quiet retreat from the huge Mayan Palace pool area and I also liked it better than the two pools at the Grand Mayan. It's nice to be able to lounge on sand and see the sea as opposed to a lake or courtyard. It was also much less crowded than all the other pool areas, probably because there is only one GB building open so far. I did notice several GL wristbands as well as people there with Grand Mayan wristbands as well as a special "beach club" wristband. I assume the GM guests with those beach club access wristbands must've earned them in return for attending a sales presentation or something similar.

They offer chairside waiter service for drinks and a typical poolside food menu. I think it's probably the same, or very similar, menu that is served at the main MP pool: burgers, fries, tacos, wings, nachos, salads, club sandwich, etc. The new Spanish specialty restaurant is adjacent to the GB beach club pool and serves a more upscale menu with outside seating for both lunch and dinner. Happy hour with 2-for-1 drinks is daily from 3:00-4:00 and applies at the swim-up bar and waiter service. There may also be an earlier HH, but I never made it there early enough to find out. Enjoy your time there!

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Relax, you have made a great choice with the msuite at RM.

The best way to describe it is a one bedroom attached to
a massive one bedroom. Seemingly endless balcony with
a dipping pool.

Maid service twice a day and a great shuttle service.

If you drive, see coba, tulum and its an easy 2 hour drive
to chitanita (sp).

Your gonna love it there, I think its a total of about
2700 square feet of luxury.

Hey Derb - Thanks for the feedback! I just saw your response and realized we are neighbors:) I'm in Parkland.

We had thought about renting a car but we are 4 couples so would need two. May just book a private excursion to Tulum as we are not big fans of bus tours. Has anyone done that? Any recommendations on who to use? We are going in July so it will be hot!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Derb - Thanks for the feedback! I just saw your response and realized we are neighbors:) I'm in Parkland.

We had thought about renting a car but we are 4 couples so would need two. May just book a private excursion to Tulum as we are not big fans of bus tours. Has anyone done that? Any recommendations on who to use? We are going in July so it will be hot!

Lingber we too may be your neighbors soon--relocating. We always rent a car in Mexico. We like the ability to come and go as we please. If you are looking to book a private excursion look into USA transfers--they are very reliable and reasonably priced.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lingber we too may be your neighbors soon--relocating. We always rent a car in Mexico. We like the ability to come and go as we please. If you are looking to book a private excursion look into USA transfers--they are very reliable and reasonably priced.

ilene13, That's wonderful. We just love it here. :D We moved south in '93. Love to visit up North but don't miss living there. Good luck with the move! And I am looking forward to hearing about your trip next month!

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping this back up. Looking forward to hearing updates on the Grand Luxxe spa and fitness center and any other info anyone wants to share. :)

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrived at the Grand Luxxe in the RM on Friday. The new lobby is beautiful but the new gym and spa are not yet open. We always rent a car and now you are allowed to drive to the new lobby and they valet it from there-- no need to take the shuttle to the Grand Mayan lobby and wait. They opened a beach club for GL and GB guests. It is very nice. There are pools and beach chairs. A few new restaurants on property-- French, Spanish and Mayan.
Oops I forgot- the walkways are great, as I'd rather walk than take a shuttle.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming in since there has been so much activity at the RM location this year.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes! Thanks so much for the update. That's great about the walkways. We are looking forward to using them as well. What building are you in? Is coffee still available in the bldg or do you need to go to the lobby? Also Did they give you any idea when the gym will open?

Have a fabulous time!

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in building 1 and the back door is a 2 minute walk to the lobby. I will always request bldg 1 from now on. Yes there is still coffee in the building. We ate at the Spanish restaurant lst night, it was excellent they had flamingo dancers. Lovely evening. We are going to Circque du Soliel tonight. They said the gym will be open in late April.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are in building 1 and the back door is a 2 minute walk to the lobby. I will always request bldg 1 from now on. Yes there is still coffee in the building. We ate at the Spanish restaurant lst night, it was excellent they had flamingo dancers. Lovely evening. We are going to Circque du Soliel tonight. They said the gym will be open in late April.

You are awesome ilene13! Thank you! :cheer:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Circque du Soliel last night. We had the dinner package. The entire evening was wonderful. The food was good and the show was delightful. Do not miss it.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Circque du Soliel last night. We had the dinner package. The entire evening was wonderful. The food was good and the show was delightful. Do not miss it.

Thanks for sharing we are going in three weeks and were wondering if the show and dinner combo was a great deal

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was on the Cirque Website today. The prices are posted there. I spent some time searching but wasn't able to locate any discounts anywhere so it seems to be the full rate. Based on Ilene's comments that she enjoyed both the show and dinner I want to book it for our trip in July but, Unfortunately they don't have any availability out past May. Guess I have to wait :(

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you book in advance on the web or upon arrival at the resort?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you book in advance on the web or upon arrival at the resort?

If you are asking about CIRCQUE I booked on their site-- I am a member of the Circque club(it's free to join). Be careful as there are other sites to book on, use the official site. I bought the tickets in December. We sat at table E2. It is for 2 people and it is in the exact center.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gracias, I'll go and book it!