• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe NV

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi There

We have exchanged into GL RM a couple of times and had wonderful stays. It really is a wonderful resort. Next year we would like to go to the GL NV and intend to take family with us. Is there a way to exchange into the GL Lofts rather than the Master Suite we have always gotten at RV?

Thanks in advance

Radley

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There were a number of GL loft units in RCI platinum priority access for September-November sometime in July-August this year. I think you can get a loft through SFX or the Registry Collection as well. Not sure how else, but it's possible depending on when you want to get here. There were also some 4 BR units on RCI platinum around the same time; none there right now, though.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi There

We have exchanged into GL RM a couple of times and had wonderful stays. It really is a wonderful resort. Next year we would like to go to the GL NV and intend to take family with us. Is there a way to exchange into the GL Lofts rather than the Master Suite we have always gotten at RV?

Thanks in advance

Radley

If you mean the 1 BR Lofts that are more like studios with kitchens, it's easier.

If you mean the 3-4 BR lofts with 2 stories, I'd say you have a very slim chance of getting one, but would have to put a request in 2 years in advance and be VERY VERY flexible on your dates (like we don't care when we go, as long as it's a Loft, type of flexibility).

Most people who forked out that kind of money aren't going to deposit theirs for exchange.

Once in a blue moon, SFX will get one, but it's rare.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I believe the ones I've seen in RCI Platinum priority access and the Registry Collection were likely developer vacancies because they showed up in the latter as extra vacations. I can't really imagine someone with either the studio lofts or the larger ones paying a non-mandatory usage fee to deposit and exchange either; the usage fees are a bit high to use a week from a GL loft to exchange somewhere else at least for my tastes. Might be some less picky (or cheap) folks out there, though.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, the other thing that lead me to conclude they were developer weeks was the fact that it was a consecutive string of them for a span of several months in a low season. Probably marketing in preps for the cirque development.

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use II for exchanges ... is it likely I would see one there? And how would I tell? The Marriott Maui property with 2 levels of exchange (the original and the 2 newer more luxurious towers) lists them with 2 different codes. Thanks for all you help - much appreciated. We are travelling with 2 other family members so four of us in total.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I use II for exchanges ... is it likely I would see one there? And how would I tell? The Marriott Maui property with 2 levels of exchange (the original and the 2 newer more luxurious towers) lists them with 2 different codes. Thanks for all you help - much appreciated. We are travelling with 2 other family members so four of us in total.
They've already dumped some lofts for 18 and 19 (I believe all are gone--all least the 3BRs)...I have a 3BR spa for next year so I'm hoping they dump some more lofts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, interval will probably have something, if you're flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
They just dumped a ton of 4BRs overnight. Plenty between now and the end of next year.

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you differentiate the 2 and 3BR loft units from the regular standard height 2 and 3 BR Layouts in II? I've done the 3 BR presidential 2x in a row now. Not sure if I am not able to see lofts or if they are all just listed as 2 / 3 BR. I can see 4 BRs as well.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
please post sightings in the sightings forum..thank you!

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody know why on earth a 4 bedroom Grand Luxxe NV would be coded with LK (limited kitchen) on an Interval International search? Any 4 bedroom Grand Luxxe NV I would trade into would be a loft unit correct?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Anybody know why on earth a 4 bedroom Grand Luxxe NV would be coded with LK (limited kitchen) on an Interval International search? Any 4 bedroom Grand Luxxe NV I would trade into would be a loft unit correct?
LK has to be a mistake. The amenities list a full size stove with oven. I just verified on my exchange certificate.

I'm currently staying at GL NV and asked the question yesterday about 4BRs. [Edit] Concierge told me that they are one level and are all in the Residence Tower.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
I don't believe Vidanta will be depositing these units with Interval International. If Vidanta doesn't deposit the loft units, then you could only receive an exchange into one if a member deposits their unit with II. I think the chances are slim to nill.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I don't believe Vidanta will be depositing these units with Interval International. If Vidanta doesn't deposit the loft units, then you could only receive an exchange into one if a member deposits their unit with II. I think the chances are slim to nill.
You don't believe Vidanta will deposit which units? GL Lofts? They've deposited many with II already. I was able to exchange into a 2BR loft in RM last month. At the time I snagged it, there were plenty available.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone who have exchanged into grand Luxxe tell me whether or not there is a mandatory numbers of occupancy in a given unit for the mandatory fee? For example, if I have only 3 people in a 2- bedroom, do I just for the fee for 3 or is there a minimum number for the unit?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Can someone who have exchanged into grand Luxxe tell me whether or not there is a mandatory numbers of occupancy in a given unit for the mandatory fee? For example, if I have only 3 people in a 2- bedroom, do I just for the fee for 3 or is there a minimum number for the unit?
The fee for an II exchange is based on number of people in the room. I'm currently in a 3BR at GL NV. I check out tomorrow. My bill reflects $11 pp/pd (4 of us).

I think SFX is $75 total (which is what II used to be). I've only used II so you'll need to verify this with someone who has used SFX.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$75 is what SFX told me for an exchange I made for the spring. They actually didn’t charge me an additional fee for a recent exchange through RCI Platinum priority access; which seemed to be through the Registry Collection based on the display in RCI. Not really sure why that worked out that way, though.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
To add a little precision, it is $11 per adult on an RCI exchange. IIRC, an adult for purposes of the fee was defined as over 12, but I'm not certain.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, right now RCI and II have a Vidanta imposed fee of $11/adult per day (adult is anyone over 12).
SFX still has the flat $75 per unit fee.

Subject to change of course, as it appears that some RCI levels don't have the daily fee. Mine was an HGVC-RCI booking (not an exchange per se, since it just uses my HGVC points).

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas
I see a ton of availability next April/May on II. Seeing this is still basically high season, anyone have a clue what is going on? I'd like to exchange, but worried there is some massive construction project starting so owners are dumping for the year. I haven't been in a few years, and I know the construction never ends, but do you think it's an annoyance anymore? Looking to stay in Residences building.
Thanks!

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I see a ton of availability next April/May on II. Seeing this is still basically high season, anyone have a clue what is going on? I'd like to exchange, but worried there is some massive construction project starting so owners are dumping for the year. I haven't been in a few years, and I know the construction never ends, but do you think it's an annoyance anymore? Looking to stay in Residences building.
Thanks!
I presumed Vidanta, not owners, dumped them. IMO, way too many available (over many consecutive weeks) to be owner deposits.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas
Ok fair enough. I've never analyzed it before, but what reasons could cause a resort to do this? Just trying to avoid booking a huge vacation and showing up to restaurants closed and 100 tractors everywhere. I'm probably just paranoid.