• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta question

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
What trouble will I go thru if I cancel my attendance to a presentation I agreed to attend at check in?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They might keep your $20 deposit. They would also take away the 10% discount, etc.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
What trouble will I go thru if I cancel my attendance to a presentation I agreed to attend at check in?

You will miss a nice breakfast & tour .
You will also miss - 90 minutes of high pressure sales - that starts after the above .

Make sure you unplug the room phone - and enjoy sleeping in .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You will miss a nice breakfast & tour .
You will also miss - 90 minutes of high pressure sales - that starts after the above .

Make sure you unplug the room phone - and enjoy sleeping in .

... that should be “at least 90 minutes,” Tom. They aren’t really good about timing it and letting you go at 90....

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Thank you all!
Other than losing the perks and $20, will I get harassed by anyone afterI cancel? Who do I cancel my appointment with?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you all!
Other than losing the perks and $20, will I get harassed by anyone afterI cancel? Who do I cancel my appointment with?

I would just unplug the phone and not show up . Talking to anyone just puts you under “pressure” to reconsider & go or rebook a different time .

If someone eventually attempts to get you to rebook - just tell them you thought it over and have 0% interest in buying at this time and did not wish to waste anyone’s time . Be polite & be firm .
(PS- if you say it is because you already own enough TS - they will eventually throw the “trade in “sales pitch if you were to go ) .

Enjoy the vacation , unplug the room phone and don’t worry about it .

Vidanta has great resort to visit . Their Vida Sales Machine is a numbers game . They figure that if they ask every visitor - “ would you like frys with your order “ they will get a lot of folks to go to presentations . Once there - the sales force is good at their job .

Eric is correct - while the clock on the 90 minutes technically starts when you reach the sales room - it can be much longer - particularly when you go through the “exit package gauntlet .

Last edited:

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
I would just unplug the phone and not show up . Talking to anyone just puts you under “pressure” to reconsider & go or rebook a different time .

If someone eventually attempts to get you to rebook - just tell them you thought it over and have 0% interest in buying at this time and did not wish to waste anyone’s time . Be polite & be firm .
(PS- if you say it is because you already own enough TS - they will eventually throw the “trade in “sales pitch if you were to go ) .

Enjoy the vacation , unplug the room phone and don’t worry about it .

Vidanta has great resort to visit . Their Vida Sales Machine is a numbers game . They figure that if they ask every visitor - “ would you like frys with your order “ they wil,get a lot of folks to go to presentations . Once there - the sales force is good at their job .

Eric is correct - while the clock on the 90 minutes technically starts when you reach the sales room - it can be much longer - particularly when you go through the “exit package gauntlet .

So at check in, the person who assigns the room is the person who books your presentation. Am I right? If I agreed to a presentation, do you get a better view? If I get a better view, and didn't show up to the presentation, will my credit card be charged extra because for example I got an oceanview?

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
... that should be “at least 90 minutes,” Tom. They aren’t really good about timing it and letting you go at 90....

"aren't very good" doesn't begin to describe it. They will not let you out at 90 minutes. They act as if no one told them anything about 90 minutes and they have you until you demand to leave or walk out.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just being my usual understated self. All kidding aside, though, the slip of paper they give you for the appointment lists 90 minutes as your obligation. If you do go to it, feel free to walk out at 90; they will have already coded your stay for the 10% discount and you will have earned it by then.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So at check in, the person who assigns the room is the person who books your presentation. Am I right? If I agreed to a presentation, do you get a better view? If I get a better view, and didn't show up to the presentation, will my credit card be charged extra because for example I got an oceanview?

The room assigning person works for a component of Vida Sales and books presentations by dangling carrots (ie) room upgrades etc .

“Extra Credit Card Charge” - There are no reports on TUG of this ever happening . They likely remove the 10% discount .

FYI - the front desk people work for the “ hotel side “. They can print your bill at any point so you can check your charges . I would suggest doing so mid vacation and then the night before check out . This way you can review the bill ahead of time .

Enjoy your vacation & don’t worry .

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
The room assigning person works for a component of Vida Sales and books presentations by dangling carrots (ie) room upgrades etc .

“Extra Credit Card Charge” - There are no reports on TUG of this ever happening . They likely remove the 10% discount .

FYI - the front desk people work for the “ hotel side “. They can print your bill at any point so you can check your charges . I would suggest doing so mid vacation and then the night before check out . This way you can review the bill ahead of time .

Enjoy your vacation & don’t worry .

THANK YOU!
One more thing what building should I request if I have a choice?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hard to say. It kind of depends on what room type you exchanged into and what your preferences are. If it's a spa unit, you won't have any choice other than tower 4. If it's a loft unit, it could be in tower 3, 4, or 5 (only 5 if it's a 1 BR loft). If it's a suite or villa unit you could be in any building except for punta. Generally they don't give you a choice anyway; rooms are preassigned a week or two before arrival by priority order (owners ranked by equity, then exchangers ranked by their assessment of likelihood of making a sale due to exchange system you used and any other information they were able to glean), once you get there and check in the sales recruiter that signs you up for a presentation will adjust the room assignment as desired to entice you to attend or punish you for not agreeing to.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
THANK YOU!
One more thing what building should I request if I have a choice?

I don’t know the Grand Luxxe buildings - other than to say they parallel the Ameca River
and all have ocean view . Different building have different unit configurations .

Eric B will likely be able to tell you more if you post what the exchange info says regarding the Grand Luxe unit size and type .

added -
LOL - he answered while I was typing

Last edited:

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Thank you! I love the prompt answers, very much appreciated! We will be going in March 2020. I'm going well informed!

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Just being my usual understated self. All kidding aside, though, the slip of paper they give you for the appointment lists 90 minutes as your obligation. If you do go to it, feel free to walk out at 90; they will have already coded your stay for the 10% discount and you will have earned it by then.
I can actually do that? When does 90 minute start?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s listed on the appointment sheet; generally once breakfast and the tour is over. Keep the sheet or take a picture and set a timer....

rpennisi

Reaction score

I did that at NV one year and walked out after about 105 minutes. They wanted me to fill out a multipage form, I declined, they got angry, said I would never get another invite, untrue of course.

CatJ114683

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we will need to take a course on saying No! So grateful to all of you for sharing your info. Will be checking in to see what's new until we leave on 4/23/20. Thanks to all!

Dmmm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande luxxe
We were just there. They have stopped letting people walk off by the golf course. I thought everyone fought to have that. Is there a new way to walk off other than the beach? It is ridiculous not to be able to walk off that property.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We were just there. They have stopped letting people walk off by the golf course. I thought everyone fought to have that. Is there a new way to walk off other than the beach? It is ridiculous not to be able to walk off that property.

options -

1) Walk the beach to the Sea Garden / Nuevo Vallarta Marina
2) take a cab - to the Sea Garden it is 110 pesos / under $ 7 USD

We took a cab to the SEA GARDEN area - to go to the Sat. Farmers Market behind the Nearby OXXO
as my wife’s bad knee currently limits beach walks .

Good news was that they would shuttle us every day to the Mayan Palace pool & return
with no questions .