• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe checkin day after exchange date

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to be checking in the day after a 1 week exchange to Grand Luxxe or Grand Bliss starts, are there any problems? As long as you call beforehand and let them know, will they hold your reservation until you get in the next day/evening?

I can't call Vidanta now since its so late, but I got their 800 # and will ask them tomorrow. I was thinking of going through with an exchange tonight if someone was able to confirm doing this at a Vidanta property before.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There isn’t a problem with checking in a day late; I’ve done it before. You still won’t get your room until 5:00, though. Definitely call to let them know.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There isn’t a problem with checking in a day late; I’ve done it before. You still won’t get your room until 5:00, though. Definitely call to let them know.

We'll be doing the same thing next spring, and I'm curious about this statement. It seems it should be ready whenever you get there, as it was supposed to be available the day before.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Kind of how I felt about it that time I did it, too. The way the room assignment seems to work down there, though, is that rooms are actually assigned to owners coming in and using their access first (by order of status), then exchangers are assigned, then when you actually show up they make adjustments based on whether or not you’re willing to run the sales gauntlet. As a result, showing up on the second day of an exchange throws you in the pool of exchangers for who gets the best location or possible upgrades, which means they make you wait until 5:00 to be sure there are no bigger fish out there.

I deal with it by packing a bathing suit (and a Yeti for drinks) in my backpack, which I carry on the plane and at the resort, then go to the pool after checking in while I’m waiting for my room. On a good day, we can get there for happy hour!

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Good to know (although I'll still make a complaint to II if that's how they handle it for us, as that shouldn't occur).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to know (although I'll still make a complaint to II if that's how they handle it for us, as that shouldn't occur).

Completely understandable. Not sure it’ll make a difference, though.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with not checking in until 5pm on the second day of the exchange as long as there is no chance they will cancel the exchange because I wasn't there the first day. I called Vidanta and they said as long as we let them know in advance, then its fine, and we can check in after 5pm on day 2 of the exchange. The checkin is on a Friday next May and I don't know the flight schedules yet. We have a lot of Southwest points which we really want to use up and if I had some way to find out if Southwest typically flies from Portland, OR to Puerto Vallarta on Fridays in May, it would be helpful, but I don't know how to find out past flight schedules. SWA doesn't fly from PDX to PVR on Fridays during some travel months.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SWA flies to PVR via Houston, LAX, San Diego, and Denver. The flight through Houston gets in at 1:30 typically; not sure about the others.

You can look up the schedule on the SWA website, though it doesn’t go out to May yet. They don’t change too much.