• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good RCI Trader. :-)

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited my 3 bedroom Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort for next summer in RCI. Splitting it into a 2 bedroom and studio, it was given 60 total points. (24 for the studio, 36 for the 2 bedroom.) The maintenance fees are only $924. They sometimes show up for nothing on eBay. I'm happy!

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, did RCI initially give you one trade worth 60 TPU or did they give you two trades and then you had to pay to combine the deposits? Thanks!

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't combine them. I have one week worth 36, and one worth 24. At some point I may combine them. I have a few weeks in RCI. Most of my exchanges are for weeks between 24 and 35 TPU.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay. We own one timeshare that deposits in to RCI at 26 TPU but sometimes there's exchanges that are just a few TPU more that would be nice to get. It's nice that you have the option to do that, if need be.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an EOY odd unit and 65 TPU’s in total were issued for 2019 deposit of this type. 37 for the 2 BR and 28 for the hotel. Looks like it keeps getting lower each year.

Mark

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
These three bedroom units used to be worth 101 points when separated into two separate units. Last I knew, the same thing was 76. Now they are 60. Consider that downgrade from the original 101. Myrtle Beach is no less popular in summer. This is why RCI Points is better for these units.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Are you saying in RCI points the points assigned haven't been reduced as much as in the TPU system?

In the 14 years we've owned points weeks at 3 different resorts we've never had the number of points we get for any of our point weeks reduced.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I have a So. Cal summer studio that has been devalued in TPUs over the past couple of years.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Are you saying in RCI points the points assigned haven't been reduced as much as in the TPU system?
RCI Points are assigned and very rarely change. I have some units that are weeks 21-23 and 34-38 that are only worth 88.5K points. I have others that are worth 103,500 points, those are weeks 24-32. So it's based on the deed. But I don't know if you can still convert these weeks to points cheaply because Wyndham now manages the resort. It was the sales' center that converted our weeks, all at once, for $3,000. It was better than selling at a loss, especially when trading power tanked and the value of the weeks went down so drastically.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I just deposited my 3 bedroom Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort for next summer in RCI. Splitting it into a 2 bedroom and studio, it was given 60 total points. (24 for the studio, 36 for the 2 bedroom.) The maintenance fees are only $924. ... I'm happy!
I can see why you're happy! :clap: In the here-and-now, this is a good deal for someone (like yourself) who has multiple timeshares with TPUs. Most people in that situation will need to combine residual points every year or two anyhow. 60 TPUs for $924 maint fees is very good, IMO. And being able to pick up a resale like this for pennies makes it even better. :whooopie: Nice! Thanks for sharing. :D

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I have a So. Cal summer studio that has been devalued in TPUs over the past couple of years.
That was one of the things that really bugged me about RCI. In the beginning (2011 or so) my summer Seapointe week was 50 TPU's. I could get a couple of nice trades. Then it went down to the mid 30's, then back up to about 40. At the same time, the TPU's needed for places like Hawaii went up, so now it was close to an even trade. At that point, it stopped making sense to pay RCI's high fees, and just use Grand Pacific's in house exchange and do the same even trades, just much easier to obtain, plus no membership fee.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Totally agree... Internal trading is so much better, if it's an option.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The TPU values for my summer Wisconsin weeks ebb and flow. They are up at the moment, near the highest they've been in the TPU era, but not quite there. Last year they were at the lowest they'd been in the TPU era. I'm still taking great vacations.