• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to Coronado bay in May!! [duplicate threads merged]

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Hey taking a family trip to Coronado Bay in May need a 2Br resort on May 10-15. Do y'all have any nice resorts around there

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Coronado Bay? Do you mean what is commonly referred to as "Coronado Island" (but really isn't an island) in San Diego? The only timeshare there is the Coronado Beach Resort. There are other timeshares in San Diego and northwards (Carlsbad, Oceanside).

If you are talking May of THIS year it will most likely be difficult to find anything, unless you can find a direct rental from an owner.

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Okay thanks!! How far is Carlsbad from the island ?? My mom and dad are staying at Loews resort on the island. And I was trying to find something close!!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is some association between Loews and CBR. I don't know that your parents having a reservation would somehow magically result in a vacancy you could reserve, but who knows? If you are open to 'regular' hotel reservations, there is a wealth of them in/around San Diego, all of which would be closer to Coronado than Carlsbad- especially before school holidays begin towards the end of May. You might check the usual booking engines, Travelocity, Kayak, etc.

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
There is some association between Loews and CBR. I don't know that your parents having a reservation would somehow magically result in a vacancy you could reserve, but who knows? If you are open to 'regular' hotel reservations, there is a wealth of them in/around San Diego, all of which would be closer to Coronado than Carlsbad- especially before school holidays begin towards the end of May. You might check the usual booking engines, Travelocity, Kayak, etc.
Is CBR a nice resort. And seen one bay Hilton but it was 900/pn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
CBR is nice, though small. Directly across the street from the famous Hotel Del Coronado. No pool- just a hot tub on the roof terrace, hence the relationship with Loews.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
First try to book through here: http://coronadobeachresort.com/ It is showing me available dates in May. If your dates aren't open, go to Resortime.com and enter Coronado, CA as the area you are checking. It will show you other places further away, but will tell you how many miles away they all are.

If you can't get anything on the island, downtown San Diego has tons of nice places and you can take the ferry across to the island.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We like the Coronado Beach Resort. I don't know if they have two bedroom units though. I've stayed in a one bedroom a couple of times and dh and I will be going in April, into a studio. There is only a partial kitchen. We like the location, as mentioned it's right across the street from the Hotel del Coronado, and they do have an affiliation with Loew's (at least they used to) where you can use some of their facilities.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There are two bedroom units but the second bedroom has a curtain closing off one wall across from the mini kitchen as you walk in the door. There is a living room and a master bedroom with en suite. Its only 1.5 bath so the guest in second bedroom have to use the master shower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
There are two bedroom units but the second bedroom has a curtain closing off one wall across from the mini kitchen as you walk in the door. There is a living room and a master bedroom with en suite. Its only 1.5 bath so the guest in second bedroom have to use the master shower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Are they with interval international or RCI

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Just bought a HGVC but love my home resorts. So how would purchase a week ??

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
They are with RCI.

In weeks they require lots of TPU's.
And there is nothing available in RCI for the Coronado Beach Resort. In fact there is nothing available in RCI for San Diego until the end of the year. We grabbed the studio we have for April in July of last year.

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
And there is nothing available in RCI for the Coronado Beach Resort. In fact there is nothing available in RCI for San Diego until the end of the year. We grabbed the studio we have for April in July of last year.
Thanks

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Thanks

Didn't know it was a vacation crazed spot like that. Mom want to go for her birthday don't know what I'm going to do!!

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Does Hilton have a resort or affiliate in Coronado Bay or San Diego Ca. ??? MAY 10-15

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Are you talking timeshare? The only Hilton that is part of HGVC is Marbisa in Carlsbad.

There are several Hilton hotels in San Diego: Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, Hilton Gaslamp, Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Didn't know it was a vacation crazed spot like that. Mom want to go for her birthday don't know what I'm going to do!!

Have you ever been to San Diego? It's pretty popular year round and May is a VERY popular time. If you want to go you'll most likely have to rent something, and I want to warn you, it won't be cheap.

jnsrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
Hilton also has Seapointe and Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad about a good 45 minutes to an hour (depending on traffic) from the Coronado area. There are 3 HGVC timeshares in Carlsbad, but those are the only HGVC timeshares in San Diego County. Hilton does not own a hotel on Coronado, but I think the closest Hilton hotel is the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. That whole area is lovely and filled with tons of things to do and places to eat. I'm sure you will enjoy your time there.

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Are you talking timeshare? The only Hilton that is part of HGVC is Marbisa in Carlsbad.

There are several Hilton hotels in San Diego: Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, Hilton Gaslamp, Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island

I may have to use a hotel. I need 2 to 3 rooms a timeshare would have been cheaper

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Normally I come with my dad to visit his brother so we stay with him. I'm from Tennessee so Florida and Gulf Coast is our go too.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I may have to use a hotel. I need 2 to 3 rooms a timeshare would have been cheaper
If you absolutely want to stay at the Coronado Beach Resort you can rent rooms there. I'm seeing a one bedroom on Hotels.com for $233/night for the dates you want.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My go to spot for a hotel is the Homewood Suites Point Loma(affiliated with Hilton). Fantastic location. Close to airport, Liberty Station, great walking in the area. Easy drive into downtown.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My go to spot for a hotel is the Homewood Suites Point Loma(affiliated with Hilton). Fantastic location. Close to airport, Liberty Station, great walking in the area. Easy drive into downtown.
The OP mentioned originally they were looking to be on Coronado, close to Loew's. That may have changed.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP mentioned originally they were looking to be on Coronado, close to Loew's. That may have changed.

OP mentioned Hiltons in SD and you mentioned other hotels in SD(several Hiltons) in one of your posts.

The Homewood Suites Point Loma has two bedroom units too.

The Marriott Resort on Coronado is a great looking hotel. It was built as a Le Meridian hotel many years ago.

The Glorietta Bay Inn is close to the Coronado resort.

If OP wants a TS in SD he can look at the Worldmarks.

Two bedroom units are available at the WM Mission Valley for the OP's dates.